china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada

[SIZE=+1]China among top sources of human trafficking into Canada[/SIZE]
China National News
Wednesday 29th October, 2008
(IANS)

China has been identified as one of the four top source countries for human trafficking into Canada.

Canada's first national statistics on human trafficking into the country released Tuesday also named Romania, the Philippines and Moldova as three other top source countries for foreign victims of this trade.

``This is the tip of the trafficking iceberg. More work is needed at the federal, provincial and municipal levels to identify and assist victims of modern-day slavery,'' said Benjamin Perrin, leading Canadian expert on human trafficking.

Perrin, who teaches law at the University of British Columbia, said he obtained the statistics under the Access to Information Act.

The statistics are based on the cases in the database of Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) which introduced measures to protect foreign nationals exploited in the sex trade and in forced labour in May 2006.

Perrin will present these findings at a national conference on human trafficking beginning in Vancouver Oct 29.

According to him, at least 31 foreign nationals were brought to the attention of immigration officials between May 2006 and May 2008 as potential human trafficking victims. Four of them were minors, he said.

Of these 31 individuals, he said, 12 were granted temporary residence permits (TRPs) in Canada and seven refused TRPs. One victim's TRP was cancelled, while one victim went missing.

The 10 remaining individuals have their cases pending, or they have obtained another form of immigration status, he said.

Perrin said these cases represented only a small number of the actual number of human trafficking cases in Canada as most trafficking victims never came forward because of intimidation or violence threats.

These statistics also do not include a growing number of domestic trafficking cases involving Canadian-born women and girls, he said.

``Trafficking victims remain a hidden population in Canada,'' said Perrin.

The federal Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP), which traced 61 per cent of all trafficking cases, has appointed human trafficking coordinators in every region of the country. These coordinators train local police and liaise with non-governmental organizations and provincial government agencies on human trafficking.

``The RCMP is starting to have some success in identifying foreign victims. However, none of their traffickers has been brought to justice. These transnational criminals continue to operate with impunity,'' said Perrin.

China National News
(IANS)

China has been identified as one of the four top source countries for human trafficking into Canada.

Canada's first national statistics on human trafficking into the country released Tuesday also named Romania, the Philippines and Moldova as three other top source countries for foreign victims of this trade.

``This is the tip of the trafficking iceberg. More work is needed at the federal, provincial and municipal levels to identify and assist victims of modern-day slavery,'' said Benjamin Perrin, leading Canadian expert on human trafficking.

Perrin, who teaches law at the University of British Columbia, said he obtained the statistics under the Access to Information Act.

The statistics are based on the cases in the database of Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) which introduced measures to protect foreign nationals exploited in the sex trade and in forced labour in May 2006.

Perrin will present these findings at a national conference on human trafficking beginning in Vancouver Oct 29.

According to him, at least 31 foreign nationals were brought to the attention of immigration officials between May 2006 and May 2008 as potential human trafficking victims. Four of them were minors, he said.

Of these 31 individuals, he said, 12 were granted temporary residence permits (TRPs) in Canada and seven refused TRPs. One victim's TRP was cancelled, while one victim went missing.

The 10 remaining individuals have their cases pending, or they have obtained another form of immigration status, he said.

Perrin said these cases represented only a small number of the actual number of human trafficking cases in Canada as most trafficking victims never came forward because of intimidation or violence threats.

These statistics also do not include a growing number of domestic trafficking cases involving Canadian-born women and girls, he said.

The federal Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP), which traced 61 per cent of all trafficking cases, has appointed human trafficking coordinators in every region of the country. These coordinators train local police and liaise with non-governmental organizations and provincial government agencies on human trafficking.

``The RCMP is starting to have some success in identifying foreign victims. However, none of their traffickers has been brought to justice. These transnational criminals continue to operate with impunity,'' said Perrin.

Last edited:

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
spamtastic china.

Let me ask you.

How much do you make to flood the board with ads for hotel reservations? Seriously? Because the only excuse for the amount of ads is that you're making money off them.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
a mistake my ass china. You've been asked, time and time again to stop posting these damn banners. As a result of that request you've started posting them in the thread title AS WELL as the body of your post.

You sir, are not a moron.

You know how to clip stuff such as this from your posts. Yet you continue to post it. You, are, a, spammer.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
karrie ,

As a result of that request you've started posting them in the thread title AS WELL as the body of your post.

ChinaNationalNews.com Thursday 30th October 2008 Edition 304/2008

advertising links removed

[SIZE=+1]China among top sources of human trafficking into Canada[/SIZE]
China National News
(IANS)

As you can see karrie the hotel ads are part of the whole page of the news paper and it has nothing to do with me placing them on or your ass ,you can check it out for yourself .

Last edited by a moderator:

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
LGilbert .
No, I am not LG . I would like t see where I was asked....." been asked, time and time again to stop posting these damn banners", I haven,t seen it .The banners as you can see are part of the page.
She asked me today not to "place "the banners so I de-lited them .Though I must say the the form of here letter doesn't fit a mode .

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
LGilbert .
No, I am not LG . I would like t see where I was asked....." been asked, time and time again to stop posting these damn banners", I haven,t seen it .The banners as you can see are part of the page.
She asked me today not to "place "the banners so I de-lited them .Though I must say the the form of here letter doesn't fit a mode .

Actually China, we have indeed asked you several times - most recently, here.

Two things : Avro, stop the personal attacks. China, don't post advertising banners in your threads please.

Thank you