Life for 'savage' murders

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
By JANE SIMS AND JENNIFER O'BRIEN, SUN MEDIA

Jesse Imeson is led into court yesterday in Goderich, where he pleaded guilty to three counts of second-degree murder in the killings that sowed terror in several communities in July 2007. (Susan Bradnam/Sun Media)
table.microtable a, div.microtable a {letter-spacing: 0.5px; font-family : Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color : #F00F2F; font-size: 11px; margin-left:8px; margin-top: 3px; margin-bottom: 6px; text-decoration : none; display:block;} table.microtable a:hover, div.microtable a:hover{text-decoration : underline; }

'Shots were fired, people died' GODERICH -- There was rage in his eyes.
Convicted mass murderer Jesse Imeson, sitting in the tiny prisoner's box with his wrists and legs shackled, was clearly agitated after he listened to eight emotionally wrenching accounts of what his actions did to his victims' loved ones.
By the time Kelli Rathwell, a granddaughter of Bill and Helene Regier, was finishing up the ninth statement, it was clear Imeson had had enough.
"Please know that you have done our family no favours on this day," Rathwell said tersely. "But always remember, although you did not listen to the plea of our beautiful grandparents for their life, their family have listened to yours."
EMOTIONAL DAY
It was a heart-stopping moment during an emotional day in the packed courtroom where Imeson pleaded guilty to three counts of second-degree murder in the deaths of Carlos Rivera, 25, of Windsor, and Bill and Helene Regier, 72 and 73, of Mount Carmel, in July 2007.
He was sentenced to life in prison with no chance for parole for 25 years for the killings the judge called "savage and senseless."
The guilty pleas were the result of months of plea bargaining between the Crown and the defence to bring the case to a quick conclusion.
He was sentenced to life in prison with no chance for parole for 25 years for the killings the judge called "savage and senseless."

What ever happened to a death sentence ?

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.

What ever happened to a death sentence ?

Canada did away with the death sentence years ago. Good thing, as there have been several cases of people incorrectly convicted of murder, who have since been released. I'm surprised you didn't know that.

After 25 years he can "apply" for parole, and it will probably be refused.

I understand the death sentence is still very popular where you are, so be happy.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Hello Nugglere ;nasty again heh?

Canada did away with the death sentence years ago. Good thing, as there have been several cases of people incorrectly convicted of murder, who have since been released.
I wonder how many people were murdered "incorrectly".
I'm surprised you didn't know that.
Wrong Huggler, I know that.I also know that the majority of Canadians want the return of the death penalty .
After 25 years he can "apply" for parole, and it will probably be refused.

Show me a sane reason to keep him behind bars and paying for his up keeping which is allot more than annual salary of an average "free" working Canadian ?

I understand the death sentence is still very popular where you are, so be happy.

Well Huggler I am a Canadian living in China ...."that's where I am ".
In China people are aware of the fact that If they commit a serious crime ,there is a good chance they might be executed .
Am I happy...? guess.

Last edited:

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Civilized people don't kill for any reason, the Chinese know nothing about being civilized....

Btw fatty, most Canadians do not support the death penalty so stop trying to feed us your propaganda we in Canada can actually access the free press to check your BS.

Roll along.:lol:

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
OOOOOOOOh China boy, you ain't seen nasty!!

How you figure nasty? Just explaining.

Of course you do get all messed up with your clever cut and paste. Very impressive.

I didn't say people were murdered "incorrectly", stupid, I said they were incorrectly CONVICTED of murder. They were later released, some after serving 12-15 years. Now, this would not have been possible if we had had the death penalty, of which you are so fond, as they would have been executed. Right up your alley. Out of the Chinese courtroom.....BANG...in the back of the head. Not much room for sober second thought or further investigation, eh!!

......"Hina", how do you know the "majority" of Canadians want the return of the death penalty across the board? Where's the facts here? You ain't gottem have ya.

We keep them behind bars because we DON'T have the death penalty...........Jeezus, China, wake up. Where's the problem here. You want to run around killing everyone?? We have a civilized society where we don't necessarily equate everything with how much it costs. We have national health care.............Probably costs too much for you, eh. Let's cancel it. Costs too much. You probably ensured you were covered before you took the great leap forward to China, Hina, eh?

Finally, they have the death penalty where you are, so, once again. Be happy.

Try it without cut and paste, "Hina", stretchhhhhhhh that mind.

:thefinger:

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Here's a link to a bunch of names of people who have been tried, convicted, served time, then found innocent, had charges stayed, new trials, etc., or just released
Obviously something wrong with the way some serious crimes are investigated.

~ Wrongfully Convicted ~ <br>Causes & Consequences

Let me qualify what I wrote in the above post, by saying, I would definitely support the death penalty in cases where we gottem right by the short and curlies, DNA evidence.
For the likes of '
Paul Bernardo and Karla Homolka (turns out we didn't need her "evidence")
Clifford Olson
Robert Pickton
etc.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Nuggler ,

......"
Hina", how do you know the "majority" of Canadians want the return of the death penalty across the board? Where's the facts here? You ain't gottem have ya.

Capital punishment: arguments for life and death

Canadian Journal of Behavioural Science, Jan 1996 by Honeyman, Jennifer C, Ogloff, James R

Abstract
Despite capital punishment having been abolished in Canada 20 years ago, the majority of Canadians continue to favour the death penalty as a sentencing option. In this study......................

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Nuggler ,

......"

Capital punishment: arguments for life and death

Canadian Journal of Behavioural Science, Jan 1996 by Honeyman, Jennifer C, Ogloff, James R

Abstract
Despite capital punishment having been abolished in Canada 20 years ago, the majority of Canadians continue to favour the death penalty as a sentencing option. In this study......................

Wrong again fatty.

Btw, please learn how you use the internet and this web site, your ineptitude is getting irritating.:roll: