BREAKING NEWS: Hundreds of homes flood as Ike passes Louisiana Storm surge driven by

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Hundreds of homes flood as Ike passes Louisiana

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jyimZOKMux_rjX-yozvAPxy8JwnAD935HGH00

LAKE CHARLES, La. (AP) — Storm surge driven by Hurricane Ike breached levees in coastal Louisiana Friday and flooded hundreds of homes in areas along the Gulf of Mexico still recovering from Gustav.

About 1,000 homes and business flooded in coastal Cameron Parish as the storm churned toward expected landfall in Texas, said emergency preparedness director Clifton Hebert. He added the number was likely to rise. Flooded homes were reported in other parishes, though numbers were sketchy at nightfall.

"It's going to be devastating for people," Hebert said. "We don't have the wind that Rita brought, but we have at least the same storm surge, if not a little more."

In nearby Terrebone Parish, crews worked to plug at least four breaches. An estimate of flooded homes wasn't immediately available, but officials said that areas in which Rita inundated 10,000 homes in 2005 were vulnerable again.

"It's terrible," said Windell Curole, levee manager for Terrebonne Parish. "The water is coming in almost unimpeded right now."

About 130 people remained in the fishing community on the barrier island of Grand Isle after storm surge cut off the only road to the mainland, said Gov. Bobby Jindal.

Jindal said search and rescue teams would head to the island as soon as wind abated and water receded. He told residents they could break into a state wildlife and fisheries lab that was deemed a safe structure. He called it "the most unusual piece of advice I might give."

More than 100,000 customers were without electricity Friday night, a number that also included some customers who lost power in Gustav, the Louisiana Public Service Commission said.

Ike is will be a cat 3 my the time it hits houston..

Estimated 31,000 people did not leave the flood zone for Hurricane Ike.

Texas Gov. asked people to take a black marker and write their social security on their arm so they can idendify them later.

I guess this is natures way of natural selection... our population should be a little less stupid after Ike. :angry3:

Last edited:

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
I saw some of these idiots on the news saying if something bad happened to them it is gods will.

What a bunch of brainwashed nuts.:roll:

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
As the Americans continuously get the sh!t kicked out of them by mother nature I'm starting to wonder if there maybe is something to all this god stuff?!?! :-?

j/k :lol:

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Awwwwwwwe BOOMer, from you that's a compliment. ;-)

Really, what is sad is that you are making fun of others misfortune. What a loser.

Some day, that misfortune will reach into Canada and hit us.. will you be laughing or be making fun then??

I have seen Tornados and the damage it does first hand.

I have been through earth quakes...

Human suffering is not funny... well maybe it is, to those low life trolls who only get gratification from other peoples misery. (...and make jokes on a forum)

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
Really, what is sad is that you are making fun of others misfortune.

Actually, you moron, I'm pointing out that compared to 3 million displaced and 1 million dead Iraqi's the USA is hardly feeling any misfortune.

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
You are the fukking moron.. what a stupid comparison. Innocent victims of Iraq vs innocent victims of the southern United States.

Wow... 8O

Please step in front of a moving bus a die..

Fail :roll:

So you feel sorry for the Nazi's? They were victims too?

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
I always have, that's nothing new.

Dissociative nationalism is a mental and moral diseased meme that can affect any country.

With your words you sound a lot like hitler and his hate speach aginst others. Your using a time of hurt and pain of others only to further your own agenda.

In this case your anti american stance has sunk down to useing victims of a disaster. Stop acting like a bully nazi hitler butt budy and start acting like a human being. Oh wait sorry forgot I was talking to you and being human is something imposible for you with your limited mental ability.

Last edited:

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
With your words you sound a lot like hitler and his hate speach aginst others. Your using a time of hurt and pain of others only to further your own agenda.

In this case your anti american stance has sunk down to useing victims of a disaster. Stop acting like a bully nazi hitler butt budy and start acting like a human being. Oh wait sorry forgot I was talking to you and being human is something imposible for you with your limited mental ability.

Actually no, that's what your doing.

I could care less about the victims of hurricane X, it has absolutely diddly squat to do with me.

The victims of Iraq are a different matter entirely. As a citizen of a country other than the USA I am very concerned to see the USA so abjectly manipulate the truth, violate the law, and so boldly commit acts of genocide against a country that never attacked them. This is even more alarming when you consider I live in a country right next door to these lunatics!

So maybe you want to buy into some ridiculous narrative about how "a hurricane could happen here" but for me reality is the bigger issue.

I expect you won't be able to understand any of this but thanks for playing anyway. :roll:

Last edited: