So, the sicknes is infecting the meet ....eh?

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]China steps up check on imported Canadian meat[/FONT]
(Xinhua)
Updated: 2008-09-01 06:25
Comments(6)
Print
Mail
BEIJING -- Chinese authorities have stepped up inspection and quarantine measures on meat products imported from a Canadian company involved in a fatal bacterial outbreak, said China's quality watchdog on Sunday.
Nine people in Canada had been confirmed of dying from listeriosis caused by contaminated meat products of Maple Leaf Foods, Canada's biggest food company, as of Friday, according to Canadian health officials.
The company's Toronto plant 97B, where the pollution happened, had never sold products to China or obtained licenses to, while Canada had halted China-bound exports from the company's other related facilities, said the General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine in a statement.
"We would closely watch the situation and take timely measures to keep the tainted products out for the safety of Chinese consumers," said the administration.
The Canadian company has closed down its Toronto factory and issued a recall of more than 270 products after a consumer died from eating its tainted cooked meat on August 20.
According to the Public Health Agency of Canada, there were 29 confirmed cases of the outbreak strain in the country and 35 cases under investigation as of Friday.
Listeriosis can cause flu-like symptoms, such as a stiff neck, headache, nausea and fever. Pregnant women, the elderly and people with weakened immune systems are at greatest risk of being infected.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
That's correct, China. One of our less than perfect, union busting, bullsh!t crap producers, finally cut their inspection team too thin, and that's what we get as a result. But::: They will be sued till they squeak, and maybe someone will go to jail for killing some people. Hopefully.

Since we're on the topic:

Have they done anything over there re your people living with their pigs and poultry, and spreading human excrement on the rice paddies?

I seem to remember a few flu epidemics having originated in the orient; course I could be wrong.

If you lost a few million due to some epidemic, it would just be a drop in the bucket anyway, n'est pas? Another "great leap forward" As your government would say.

When one lives 20 to a room, and the pigs sleep with the old folks, it's a bit hard to discuss "spreading illness" with people who mostly bathe every day.

BTW, you hypocritical twat, it's spelled, M E A T. Got it? Dummy.

Nugg.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Since we're on the topic:

Have they done anything over there re your people living with their pigs and poultry, and spreading human excrement on the rice paddies?

I seem to remember a few flu epidemics having originated in the orient; course I could be wrong.

If you lost a few million due to some epidemic, it would just be a drop in the bucket anyway, n'est pas? Another "great leap forward" As your government would say.

When one lives 20 to a room, and the pigs sleep with the old folks, it's a bit hard to discuss "spreading illness" with people who mostly bathe every day.

BTW, you hypocritical twat, it's spelled, M E A T. Got it? Dummy.

I don't usually say that but man .....your nuts.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
So? And your point is...? Just because you live with your meat and therefore inspect it every day, is no reason to go off on us.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
What about my nuts?

What are you looking at my nuts for?

Bit lite in the loafers are we?

Nothing wrong with that.

Course you'll get a bullet in the brain if you try it where you live.

Get your country on track with regards to SOME human rights, proper sanitation, bullsh!t results in sports. THEN maybe you can tell us all the news about our MEET.

It's old news over here, but then, how would you know, living such a free country and all.

Now, stop looking at my nuts!!

8O

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
So? And your point is...? Just because you live with your meat and therefore inspect it every day, is no reason to go off on us.

No, no Missile, we got it wrong: jeez sorry, China!!

The SICKNESS is in the MEET..............he was talking about their cheating policy in the Olympics.

Damn, thought he meant MEAT.

i pologize.

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
Good god we're a nation of paranoid pussies!!! No I don't mean people here, I mean the damn country to be flipping out about this.

So some old people died from some bacteria - big frickin' deal!! With todays technology half of us shouldn't be alive anyway. Little wonder humans are going to ****. Eventually we're going to be a species on insulin and breathing machines. Just imagine in 100 years everything will kill us. How would Darwin explain a species that requires an IV pole?

Bring back natural selection before it's too late!!!!

Last edited: