"Pay Attention To Me" said the Internet

givpeaceachance

Electoral Member
Mar 12, 2008
I'm putting this here even though it is not in the news but IT SHOULD BE!!!!

I see not very many of you have paid much attention to this piece of news and continue to type and use the internet like as if you don't understand that in a couple of years, unless you've got a lot of money, you won't have the luxury of sharing your crazy opinions for much longer.

If you don't get how serious this is check these links out. This should help you understand what Internet2 is all about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5RQrxkGgCM&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ctfGSdlSPw&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibuJP5zcr0I&feature=related

What kind of service Internet2 will provide for regular people like you and me - people who aren't loaded, as described by someone who's feeling the crunch already :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glDwAIGSjNI&feature=related

What can we do about it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bHUBz-jhJ4&feature=related

If we all want to continue to enjoy what you are doing right now, being able to exchange ideas with one another, speak freely, inform each other, having the freedom to log on at a set price that doesn't kill your bank account, then we better pay attention to this otherwise, we're gonna lose it!

This is not something that is up for debate. It's what is actually happening.

Don't care whether or not you like Alex Jones (i'm not sure what I think of him myself) but in some of his video's posted on youtube, he gives you very detailed descriptions of what this is, what it means, how it's been happening and what is going to happen. Here's just one link of many. Check them out now, while you still can.

Get informed and please, please pay attention!

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
If you don't have the funds to pay Internet2, then you sure can't afford the mouthpiece to fight them. They want the masses silenced. It's called control. The only thing they hear is the ring of a cash register (or things that go bump in the night)

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Well, for what it's worth:.....................{ 0 } , here's my take on it.

Every generation has to do what it has to do, mine did, the older than mine did, the generation X has to, boomers, and on and on.

So, my attitude is, the net came on line late in my life, and while I find it interesting for what it can provide by way of research, communication, making friends, and music (both for sheet music, tabs, notation, etc); I can live without it. Already have printed off more music than I will ever play. Hope to take a course in piano chording from the net before my hands completely seize up. Other than that, I don't care.................

By 2012, I'll be almost 70. So, I can wile away the hours cutting out paper dolls, carving decoys, making instruments, canoe paddles, fishing, painting, playing music, writing.........the net??...........pshaw!! I will drop the computer from a high window before the corporate jackals get too much more money from yers trooly. ****'em. Still have my ol underwood; BUT, one can type, scan, and print. OFFLINE. using the puter.

Such an attitude, eh!! I'm all right Jack, you get yours. 8O

Chortle chortle:laughing6:

givpeaceachance

Electoral Member
Mar 12, 2008
If you don't have the funds to pay Internet2, then you sure can't afford the mouthpiece to fight them. They want the masses silenced. It's called control. The only thing they hear is the ring of a cash register (or things that go bump in the night)

Afford the mouthpiece????

If I ever catch you talking about freedom and democracy I'm gonna bring it to you because with an attitude like that it's clear you don't know what it is. What do you think a democracy is anyway?

"It's called control." WE KNOW THIS FOOL!!!!!!!!!! That's why i started the thread!!

WE are the collective mouthpiece. US! The ones on here typing and using the technology!

Did you even check out the links????? I gave you all a link about what to do about it.

I would suggest you check them out before you type something up and reveal how intellectually and physically lazy you may be.

And Nuggler : this has nothing to do with age my friend! It is your choice how you use your money. Plus, you typed in your opinion about this issue, right? So, get informed and put those two other things together, and you're doing something about it. Tell all your friends. Help educate them to make the right decisions. You shouldn't be surprised at how easy it can be if the people work together.

And don't anyone tell me I'm naive. You can't say something doesn't work unless it's a fact that it won't. If you do, then who's the one being naive. The one who's willing to work hard to see if change will come or the one who sits there and types away while doing nothing about it until it's all gone.

THE BIGGER PICTURE : if you guys think this is about saving the internet, then it's gone over allllllllllllll your heads! If someone came and tried to tell you that they live at your house now and that you have to go away, would you just go away??? Probably not. But that's because they would be trying to take away your creature comforts. "Heaven forbid they do that! But they can go ahead and take away my rights and freedoms because that's not something I recognize because I can't touch or feel it."

As for you Lone Wolf > If you're under 50, you should be ashamed of yourself! If you don't know any better than that then, i'm sorry, you shouldn't get any dessert after supper. EVER!

Oh! And by the way, if we let them take this away from us, guess what they're gonna want to take away next?!

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Give peace a chance? I doubt it.... Just going by the tone of your post, you're all about "agree with me or shut up". I know what a democracy is ... and I know a tool owned by a corporate interest is NOT a democracy. Let me ask you a question now.... Have you a clue what reality is ... or is it all about control?

Last edited:

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
8O.......Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (1 members and 0 guests): Nuggler*

Why is my name in "blue"?

Is this another internet conspiracy?

Just, stop it!!

It is, it is a conspiracy (says karrie).

Check out the 'forum suggestions' thread for an explanation of why you're so blue Nugg.

givpeaceachance

Electoral Member
Mar 12, 2008
Give peace a chance? I doubt it.... Just going by the tone of your post, you're all about "agree with me or shut up". I know what a democracy is ... and I know a tool owned by a corporate interest is NOT a democracy. Let me ask you a question now.... Have you a clue what reality is ... or is it all about control?

All right Lone Wolf. After re-reading my post, i owe you an apology for coming on so strongly and hurting your feelings.

It's just that i find it painfully hypocritical, especially with this specific topic, to see people using the internet, exercising the freedom to express themselves and enjoying this technology that was made, by the guy that created it, for everybody to use (pretty selfless in my books) and then not standing up for it but instead acting like "Oh well!" when we understand that it could be taken away from us.

It just seems like some people don't appreciate or understand the importance of what we have today. Be it perfect or not.

Kinda like democracy.

Should we all just say "oh well" to all the people who have died before us so that we could have the ability today, to even say to each other, in an open forum like this "NO! We won't let this happen because it's wrong!" I'm sure you realize that in other places in the world, people get imprisoned or tortured or even killed for saying only a fraction of what we can say and have been saying, even just in a forum like this and in our country.

Cause personally, I think that is not only a huge blow to the people and the sacrifices that were made for us and the greater good of our society but also, a huge blow to what we cherish of what's left of our democracy.

P.S - It's just I hate it when people say that it's over or too late when it's just started and before anything has been done.

P.P.S - Reality is subjective. If you think you'll lose, then you already have!

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Peace.... Graciously understood and accepted.

I had heard about some revamping of the internet earlier this year - but there wasn't so much doom and gloom as in those apparently edited-for-apprppriate-content YouTube vids. My impression was much disinformation was to be exorcised (but who gets to determine what's truth is a source for concern) and they were actually going to insert some kind of usable index and retrieval system.

Sites would have to pay a user fee to maintain library quality and discourage the spammers so no doubt there will be some cost passed on to the consumer. As someone reared in an era where my information came from dusty ol' books, I'll appreciate both the index, and the means to find the same info again - without having to store it in Favourites.