Russia threatens to 'strike' Poland in wake of U.S. missile plan

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2008/08/15/missle.html

A Russian general says the recently negotiated deal to allow the United States to place a missile interceptor base in Poland "cannot go unpunished."

Gen. Anatoly Nogovitsyn, deputy chief of the Russian general staff, made the comment to reporters on Friday.

Nogovitsyn was quoted by the Interfax news agency as saying Poland was risking attack by agreeing to the deal.

"Poland, by deploying [the system] is exposing itself to a strike —100 per cent," he said.

It is the strongest language so far from Russian officials in reaction to plans to install a missile defence battery in a former Soviet satellite nation.

Poland and the U.S. reached the agreement Thursday to base American missile interceptors in Poland in exchange for augmenting Polish forces with U.S. Patriot missiles.

The agreement comes in the wake of increasing tensions involving Russia and its former satellite states. Poland and other republics in eastern Europe have been unsettled by Russia's recent military incursion into Georgia.

The White House said the system, which is not yet running, is needed to protect the U.S. and Europe from possible attacks by missile-armed "rogue states" like Iran. But the Kremlin is convinced it is aimed at Russia's missile force.

Referring to the "mutual commitment" part of the agreement, Poland's Prime Minister Donald Tusk said that NATO would be too slow in coming to Poland's defence if Poland were threatened, and that the bloc would take "days, weeks to start that machinery."

The U.S. has also reached an agreement with the Czech Republic to place a radar component of the missile defence system in that country. The deal still needs approval from the Czech parliament.

Well Gee.... the US planting missiles all around Russia.... if I was Russia, I'd be paranoid too. The US and Israel don't like Iran and Syria doing certain things that they feel threaten them.... why can't Russia do the same.

Iran builds nukes = the US and Israel attack them

Poland builds up Missiles which can carry nukes = Russia attacks them.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Threat to Russia: “Russia must adequately react to US missile defense deployment in Poland”

Global Research, August 15, 2008
APA

Baku. Lachin Sultanova–APA. “Russia must adequately react to the agreement signed between Washington and Warsaw on US missile defense shield in Poland’s territory”, said Vyacheslav Popov, member of Russian Council of Federation and former commander of Russian North Fleet. He said it made military infrastructure of other country close to the Russia’s borders and called on Moscow to react adequately. Popov considers that General Staff will re-group potential targets of armed forces in the next few days. “There is no alternative, we should enhance our security. Strength of military potential around Russia is a direct threat for us”.

The Anglo-American Israeli banking cartel has shown it's hand clearly this time, the provocation is clear and blatant. There is no turning back for the capitalists because they have looted the public coffers in the western world they either prevail in the described conflict or they hang en masse. This time all of them will swing in the poison breeze rolling off the burned fields.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Why do they bother with sewage treatment plants if their shyte doesn't stink?

Note: "They" being the powers that be the ones who make trouble.

Last edited:

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Additional News:

Russian anger at US missile deal

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7563182.stm

Russian President Dmitry Medvedev has said that a preliminary deal allowing the US to site missiles in Poland is aimed against Russia.

Poland will host the missiles as part of a defence shield the US says it needs against "rogue states" like Iran.

But Mr Medvedev said it demonstrated that Russia's concerns about new systems in eastern Europe were valid.

"The deployment of new anti-missile forces has as its aim the Russian Federation," he said.

Mr Medvedev was speaking at a press conference after holding talks with German Chancellor Angela Merkel over the on-going unrest in Georgia.

Under the deal signed on Thursday, the US will install 10 interceptor missiles at a base on the Baltic coast in return for help strengthening Polish air defences.

A top general in Moscow said the move would worsen ties with the West already strained by the Georgian conflict.

'Worsen ties'

Russia's envoy to Nato has meanwhile been quoted as saying the timing of the deal shows its true purpose is to counter Russia's "strategic potential".

At a press conference in Moscow on Friday, Russia's deputy chief of general staff, Gen Anatoly Nogovitsyn, said the US move "cannot go unpunished".
"It's a cause for regret that at a time when we are already in a difficult situation, the American side further exacerbates the situation in relations between the United States and Russia," Gen Nogovitsyn said.

Russia's envoy to Nato, Dmitry Rogozin, meanwhile reportedly criticised the decision to sign the deal during a "very difficult crisis in the relations between Russia and the United States over the situation in Georgia".

Mr Rogozin told Reuters news agency the timing showed "the missile defence system will be deployed not against Iran but against the strategic potential of Russia".

Moscow has long argued the project will upset the military balance in Europe and has warned it will be forced to redirect its missiles at Poland.

'New proposals'

The US has urged Russia to withdraw troops that have fought with Georgian forces after Tbilisi attempted to retake the separatist region of South Ossetia late last week.

"I consider that the United States is not acting in a cautious manner in this situation," Mr Rogozin said, when asked about US-Russian relations and the situation in Georgia.

Polish Foreign Minister Radoslaw Sikorski told the BBC's World Tonight programme on Thursday that the timing of the missile deal had nothing to do with hostilities in Georgia.

"We agreed this negotiating phase a week ago, which was... before the events in Georgia, and because of the US calendar there was some urgency," he said.

Duh, because the Georgian invasion of the Proviences was planned around the same time... give me a break.

"But, what is crucial, and what decided the success of the talks over the last couple of days, was that the US offered us new proposals."

Unlike the US, Poland sees Russia as a bigger threat to its security than so-called rogue states such as Iran, the BBC's Adam Easton in Warsaw says.
Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov is reported to have cancelled a scheduled visit to Poland shortly after the deal was announced.

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2008/08/15/missle.html

Well Gee.... the US planting missiles all around Russia.... if I was Russia, I'd be paranoid too. The US and Israel don't like Iran and Syria doing certain things that they feel threaten them.... why can't Russia do the same.

Uhm... No, Poland is building anti-missiles.

Russia fears this would make its nuclear arsenal less of a threat to its former satellite nations.

Not surprisingly, Poland really doesn't give a damn about pissing off Russia by neutering Russias ability to threaten them.

This is not "I don't want nuclear missiles in poland" this is "I don't want Poland able to shoot down our missiles, it makes us less powerful".

And thats not hidden, Russia is very clear that it likes the current balance of power. The question is, why do you need to have missiles pointed at America and Poland if you want to be treated as a friendly nation?

The anti-missile shield is useless against Russia, as long as Russia never tries to commit an atomic holocaust. And if it wants to do that, well f*** them, why should you make their nuclear apocolypse easy on them.

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario
The US and Israel don't like Iran and Syria doing certain things that they feel threaten them.... why can't Russia do the same.

I'm not aware of Poland ever threatening to wipe anyone off any map. Plus these are defensive systems.

I see your point, but they're really very different situations.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
The majority of eastern europeans including the Poles want nothing to do with the USA or thier puppet NATO. The coalition of the willing is for the most part are sunshine allies, when hostilitys begin in earnest most of them will evaporate away from the conflict quickly while domestic disapproval takes to the streets. Many traitorous conquerors will swing from the various gallows up and down the continent.

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
Poland is actually very pro-US, most of them lived under Russian control and even if your worst ramblings about America were true DB, they know that would be a huge step up from the way it was under Soviet control.

Russia raped and pillaged poland for years, the vast majority of voters in poland suffered at the hands of the Russians, of course they are going to be anti-russian.

And they are a sovereign democratic and peaceful state, if they wanna put in purely defensive systems, go for it.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
The anti-missile shield is useless against Russia, as long as Russia never tries to commit an atomic holocaust. And if it wants to do that, well f*** them, why should you make their nuclear apocolypse easy on them.

Spasiva

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario
Poland is actually very pro-US, most of them lived under Russian control and even if your worst ramblings about America were true DB, they know that would be a huge step up from the way it was under Soviet control.

Russia raped and pillaged poland for years, the vast majority of voters in poland suffered at the hands of the Russians, of course they are going to be anti-russian.

And they are a sovereign democratic and peaceful state, if they wanna put in purely defensive systems, go for it.

Right again, Z.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006

Those former Soviet states and the former Warsaw Pacts nations were promised the golden carrot by the Zionist banking scum in concert with the remains of the USA and Britian themselves hollowed out now for thirty solid years, those former Soviet conquests are now smelling the defeat of the western block and have fresh first hand experiance of the IMF and the World Banks filthy deals as most of them have been economically raped by the same. They long for the good old days .
My worst ramblings about the USA are nothing compared to the facts Zzarchov. My side is winning all over the planet. Capitalists will be hunted for sport and bounty. I can't wait for the hangings, I wonder about a food and beverage concession near the prison.
Sovereign democratic peacefull states do not allow thier arms to be twisted to threaten thier nieghbours, there is no such thing as a defensive missle system Zzarchov, all of them are destabalizing and intimidating, you'll have to stop useing word for word the western press propaganda. You read like the New York Times, isn't that strange?

Last edited:

Lester

Council Member
Sep 28, 2007
Ardrossan, Alberta
Capitalists will be hunted for sport and bounty. I can't wait for the hangings, I wonder about a food and beverage concession near the prison.
My sister in law has a concessionand she would like to book this event...she has a mini donut machine, Perhaps we can rename them from"those lil' donuts" to "those lil' nooses"?
:smile:

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
Those former Soviet states and the former Warsaw Pacts nations were promised the golden carrot by the Zionist banking scum in concert with the remains of the USA and Britian themselves hollowed out now for thirty solid years, those former Soviet conquests are now smelling the defeat of the western block and have fresh first hand experiance of the IMF and the World Banks filthy deals as most of them have been economically raped by the same. They long for the good old days .
My worst ramblings about the USA are nothing compared to the facts Zzarchov. My side is winning all over the planet. Capitalists will be hunted for sport and bounty. I can't wait for the hangings, I wonder about a food and beverage concession near the prison.
Sovereign democratic peacefull states do not allow thier arms to be twisted to threaten thier nieghbours, there is no such thing as a defensive missle system Zzarchov, all of them are destabalizing and intimidating, you'll have to stop useing word for word the western press propaganda. You read like the New York Times, isn't that strange?

1.) No they aren't, ask around. People don't care about the IMF or any world bank, the fact is they can have a house, and car, and food and speak their mind and not be beaten or raped at random. Nobody cares about your wierd ideals. Economic idealism does not trump security security and standard of living.

2.) Its not a missile system, its a missile interceptor system, so yes, it is defensive. Saying its an offensive weapon system is like saying an Ambulance is an offensive weapon system because you could run people over with it. That would be a terribley inefficient and almost completely useless use of it.