White Americans no longer the majority by 2042

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNe...814/white_americans_080814/20080814?hub=World

A melting pot of cultures and a high birth rate among minorities mean white people will no longer make up the majority of people in the U.S. by 2042, according to a new government report.

The Census Bureau report suggests that whites will be in the minority four years earlier than originally predicted back in 2004.

An aging baby boomer generation, an increase in immigration and higher birth rates among minority groups, especially Hispanics, is contributing to the accelerated projection.

"The white population is older and very much centered around the aging baby boomers who are well past their high fertility years," William Frey, a demographer at the Brookings Institution, a Washington think tank, told The Associated Press. "The future of America is epitomized by the young people today. They are basically the melting pot we are going to see in the future."

The report, released Thursday, looked at population trends through 2050, analyzing birth, death and immigration rates. It notes that the numbers could see drastic change if the country's immigration policy changes or if there were to be natural or manmade disasters.

By the time it's 2050, the population in the U.S. is projected to hit 439 million people. It will likely hit the 400-million mark by 2039.

According to the report, by 2050:

• Whites will make up about 46 per cent of the population
  • Blacks will make modest gains, making up about 15 percent
  • Hispanics will jump from 15 per cent in 2008 to 30 per cent
  • Asians will increase from 5 per cent to 9 per cent
Today, white non-Hispanics make up about two-thirds of the population, the report says. However, 55 per cent of that group is under the age of five.

America's senior population, those who are over 85 and older, will triple by 2050 to a group of 19 million people.

Well there you go.... I wonder if that would also end up changing certain laws, religions, etc.

quandary121

Time Out
Apr 20, 2008
lincolnshire
uk.youtube.com
Lovely Just What Everyone Needs A Bit Of Coexistence Black On White White On Black Im All For It Lets All Chill Out Wiv Each Other . :) :)

I JUST THOUGHT I WANT A LAW SAYING EVERY ONE ONE COLOUR BY 2050

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I wonder if those projections will smarten some of the right wing bigots up in how they treat Hispanics? They'll be running the country eventually... I'd hate to have the racial hate as deeply entrenched then as it is now. It might not bode well for the 'whites'.

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
It's nice to think Mexico is going to be reunited someday.

Canada too is going to become majority Hispanic as the NU is going to (speculation) allow free travel and worker migration between these three countries. We can expect that in Canada white people will be the minority shortly after the USA.

Europe will mostly be Muslim.

End of an era. This is how Rome too got over run by barbarians :lol:

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
It's nice to think Mexico is going to be reunited someday.

Canada too is going to become majority Hispanic as the NU is going to (speculation) allow free travel and worker migration between these three countries. We can expect that in Canada white people will be the minority shortly after the USA.

Europe will mostly be Muslim.

End of an era. This is how Rome too got over run by barbarians :lol:

So Mexicans and Muslims are equivalent to Barbarians?

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
I wonder if those projections will smarten some of the right wing bigots up in how they treat Hispanics? They'll be running the country eventually... I'd hate to have the racial hate as deeply entrenched then as it is now. It might not bode well for the 'whites'.

Just imagine what the Neo-Nazis and KKK will have to say about this information.

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
Romes cancer was it was a plunder based economy that reached the limit of how far armies could go and still send anything back rather than just forming their own kingdoms.

Rome produced very little, to keep its economy going at all it had to force people at sword point to carry on their parents proffession (the only other option was tax the elite super rich and that wasn't happening)

That last ditch attempt to keep Rome afloat is what started feudalism and serfdom.

Christians may not have helped with their pacifism, but Rome was reaching its due date either way.

Reactions: eh1eh

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
This will be a big problem for 'whitey' below the 'mason-dixon'.

The rest of the Earth knows about this.

Eventually we will all become 'Earthlings'. The beige people, that's how we'll be known. There will be two races on Earth then, the 'Earthlings' and 'The Bigots'. :p

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
I think their will only be a problem depending on the culture that comes with the shift.

Lets not forget, almost every nation, tribe or group of people on this planet has been pretty racist, that includes Mexico and their bigot's views on whitey.

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
Romes cancer was it was a plunder based economy that reached the limit of how far armies could go and still send anything back rather than just forming their own kingdoms.

Rome produced very little, to keep its economy going at all it had to force people at sword point to carry on their parents proffession (the only other option was tax the elite super rich and that wasn't happening)

That last ditch attempt to keep Rome afloat is what started feudalism and serfdom.

Christians may not have helped with their pacifism, but Rome was reaching its due date either way.

Is this meant to refute what I said or bolster it?

Imperialism always carries the danger you mention. The USA is now suffering the same fate.

Romans were victims of their own success just like we are. The barbarians didn't invade but came in to fill voids left by a diminishing population due to low birthrates.

Christianity completely destroyed what it meant to be Roman just like Islam will destroy what it means to be European, American or Canadian. The very foundation of Rome was destroyed by Christianity and its teachings of an exclusive god with only one belief system. Rome could no longer exist as it was once it had adopted such a stance. Rome needed an open policy on religion not exclusion to work.

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
Is this meant to refute what I said or bolster it?

Imperialism always carries the danger you mention. The USA is now suffering the same fate.

Romans were victims of their own success just like we are. The barbarians didn't invade but came in to fill voids left by a diminishing population due to low birthrates.

Christianity completely destroyed what it meant to be Roman just like Islam will destroy what it means to be European, American or Canadian. The very foundation of Rome was destroyed by Christianity and its teachings of an exclusive god with only one belief system. Rome could no longer exist as it was once it had adopted such a stance. Rome needed an open policy on religion not exclusion to work.

Thats refuting it. Rome wasn't "infiltrated" by Barbarians, Romes who success came from integrating conquered peoples.

The differences are really pretty staggering when you get into the nitty gritty, with vague comments you can bring all kinds of links that don't exist when you drill deeper.

If America falls, it will be for its own unique reasons.

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
If America falls, it will be for its own unique reasons.

America has fallen and I wasn't comparing America to Rome - what a ridiculous comparison that would be! America is only an upstart off shoot of Britain's empire.

I don't see what difference you think there is: loosing our culture, being turned into a homogeneous bunch of mutts, loosing our religion etc... sounds pretty similar to me :roll:

Basically it's the end of the white empire and the new age of the Islamic empire. You think we aren't inviting this just like the Romans did? Think again.

And just like the Romans we think our "religions" and Islam can coexist. Read the Quran you'll see; there is no way in hell they can coexist once Islam has the upper hand we will see everything we value destroyed. Just like the @%^$$ Christians smashed everything pagan so too will Islam smash us.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
Hispanics became the largest minority group in 191 metropolitan areas last year, their population lifted higher as blacks left many economically hard-hit cities in the North for the South and new Latino immigrants spread to different parts of the country. That's up from 159 metro areas when the previous Census was taken in 2000, when Hispanics were most commonly found in Southwest border states.
The new metro areas include Chicago; Grand Rapids, Mich. and Atlantic City, N.J., whose states will lose U.S. House seats in the 2012 elections. Other places seeing rapid Hispanic gains compared to blacks were Lakeland, Fla.; Madison, Wis.; Oklahoma City and Omaha, Neb., due to the mid-decade housing boom that attracted many new immigrants seeking work in the construction and service industries.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110414/ap_on_re_us/us_census_changing_cities