Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]How super rich live in China[/FONT]
By Wang Qian (China Daily)
Updated: 2008-07-25 07:13
Comments(37)
Print
Mail
Being rich in China does not mean all are living like aristocrats, a recent 2008 Hurun Report of New Aristocracy, said.
"Being rich and living the life of an aristocrat are not the same thing," Rupert Hoogewerf, author of the report, said. He is better known by his Chinese name Hu Run.
An aristocrat in China generally spends about 4.57 million yuan ($672,000) a year, and much of it on a premium standard of living.
Hoogewerf said the report was compiled after analyzing the lifestyles of more than 100 super rich people in China and not all spend lavishly.
Related readings:
China No.2 in billionaires: researcher
China's rich are giving it away
Mainland's richest person is 26-year old woman
Yang makes it two in a row for China's rich women

To live the life of an aristocrat, those super rich people must have spent at least 83 million yuan. The report describes the life of a typical aristocrat.
He is someone in his 40s, lives in Shanghai with his wife and has a son about 17 years old studying in Britain.
He owns a villa in the city and an apartment in Beijing, has four cars in his garage including a Rolls-Royce Phantom for himself and a Mercedes-Benz ML500 for his wife.
He enjoys playing golf and has paid more than 3.5 million yuan to join golf clubs in Shanghai and Beijing.
Sometimes, he and his friends will charter a plane to play golf in Hainan province.
He has four watches including a Vacheron Constantin and an Oyster Perpetual Datejust, and his wedding ring, very likely from Tiffany Legacy.
He has recently developed a liking for wines. Chateau Lafite Rothschild, costing 226,656 yuan per crate, can be found in his cellar.
He smokes Davidoff Classic No 2.
He is now more involved in charitable causes compared to last year.
Hoogewerf said that within a week of the May 12 earthquake, the top 100 richest people in the country had donated $120 million, about 10 percent of the total donations received by the Ministry of Civil Affairs.
"More and more people are curious about the lifestyles of the rich in China. We want to give them an insight," he said.
Hoogewerf estimates that currently there are only 50,000 people in the country who can maintain such a lifestyle.
Last year 150,000 people could be considered having led an aristocrat life at a cost of 38 million yuan.
However, some entrepreneurs do not want to pursue the lifestyles of their peers.
Yu Minhong, CEO of the New Oriental Group, ranking 134 in 2007 Hurun China Rich List said: "I do not know where I can spend so much money. Maybe one day, I will buy a villa costing millions of yuan, but not now,"
"Every one has his or her own lifestyle."
Liu Mingming, 24, an office worker said: "It is their life. They can indulge in whatever they want, so long as it makes them happy.
"What surprise me is that I had no idea China has so many rich men.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Quo Vadis Canada?

Last edited:

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]How super rich live in China[/FONT]
By Wang Qian (China Daily)
Updated: 2008-07-25 07:13
Comments(37)
Print
Mail
Being rich in China does not mean all are living like aristocrats, a recent 2008 Hurun Report of New Aristocracy, said.
"Being rich and living the life of an aristocrat are not the same thing," Rupert Hoogewerf, author of the report, said. He is better known by his Chinese name Hu Run.
An aristocrat in China generally spends about 4.57 million yuan ($672,000) a year, and much of it on a premium standard of living.
Hoogewerf said the report was compiled after analyzing the lifestyles of more than 100 super rich people in China and not all spend lavishly.
Related readings:
China No.2 in billionaires: researcher

China's rich are giving it away

Mainland's richest person is 26-year old woman

Yang makes it two in a row for China's rich women

To live the life of an aristocrat, those super rich people must have spent at least 83 million yuan. The report describes the life of a typical aristocrat.
He is someone in his 40s, lives in Shanghai with his wife and has a son about 17 years old studying in Britain.
He owns a villa in the city and an apartment in Beijing, has four cars in his garage including a Rolls-Royce Phantom for himself and a Mercedes-Benz ML500 for his wife.
He enjoys playing golf and has paid more than 3.5 million yuan to join golf clubs in Shanghai and Beijing.
Sometimes, he and his friends will charter a plane to play golf in Hainan province.
He has four watches including a Vacheron Constantin and an Oyster Perpetual Datejust, and his wedding ring, very likely from Tiffany Legacy.
He has recently developed a liking for wines. Chateau Lafite Rothschild, costing 226,656 yuan per crate, can be found in his cellar.
He smokes Davidoff Classic No 2.
He is now more involved in charitable causes compared to last year.
Hoogewerf said that within a week of the May 12 earthquake, the top 100 richest people in the country had donated $120 million, about 10 percent of the total donations received by the Ministry of Civil Affairs.
"More and more people are curious about the lifestyles of the rich in China. We want to give them an insight," he said.
Hoogewerf estimates that currently there are only 50,000 people in the country who can maintain such a lifestyle.
Last year 150,000 people could be considered having led an aristocrat life at a cost of 38 million yuan.
However, some entrepreneurs do not want to pursue the lifestyles of their peers.
Yu Minhong, CEO of the New Oriental Group, ranking 134 in 2007 Hurun China Rich List said: "I do not know where I can spend so much money. Maybe one day, I will buy a villa costing millions of yuan, but not now,"
"Every one has his or her own lifestyle."
Liu Mingming, 24, an office worker said: "It is their life. They can indulge in whatever they want, so long as it makes them happy.
"What surprise me is that I had no idea China has so many rich men.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Quo Vadis Canada?

Chinas people are great………:smile: Chinas politicians suck big time!!!!!!!!!! :p

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
I just find all of the "super rich" to be annoying and should be offed:re: The French Revolution.On the other hand,Asians and their culture and customs have my greatest respect.

quandary121

Time Out
Apr 20, 2008
lincolnshire
uk.youtube.com
WHY DO PEOPLE HATE THE RICH...?????

BECAUSE THEY AINT..!!!!

FACT

I personally would prefer to stay poor, as being poor i have the best sort of friends around me ,them being there for me and not my money, plus i prefer to be poor, as the best times i have ever had have all been free ,also i prefer to be poor as being poor relives me from the pressure of actually doing anything about it.
or being responsible for not doing anything about it....:lol:

unclepercy

Electoral Member
Jun 4, 2005
Baja Canada
I'm glad you are happy to be in China. You might as well be. As a baby girl who was tossed aside like a used Kleenex, I will NEVER get over China's mothers dropping their babies in the woods and leaving them to die. In case you didn't know, there are a lot of Chinese girls in our (American) society, adopted by good families. I see them regularly.

To my way of thinking, a society who gives no value to a helpless infant is an atrocity. At least we have adoption agencies here, and "The Baby Moses Law."

Uncle

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I'm glad you are happy to be in China. You might as well be. As a baby girl who was tossed aside like a used Kleenex, I will NEVER get over China's mothers dropping their babies in the woods and leaving them to die. In case you didn't know, there are a lot of Chinese girls in our (American) society, adopted by good families. I see them regularly.

To my way of thinking, a society who gives no value to a helpless infant is an atrocity. At least we have adoption agencies here, and "The Baby Moses Law."

Uncle

The vision of that is 'horrifying', and sad, very sad.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
You mean, you are a runaway. Do you like China's politics better?

Thank you tallola, very hard fellow China to figure out, he is knocking the Canadian way why for years he used the Canadian infrastructure to benefit him self and his family while for many years of residence in Canada. :roll: I can never like the mentality "I used you and now I will call you a bunch of names" how does that work? :roll:

Last edited:

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
WHY DO PEOPLE HATE THE RICH...?????

BECAUSE THEY AINT..!!!!

FACT

I personally would prefer to stay poor, as being poor i have the best sort of friends around me ,them being there for me and not my money, plus i prefer to be poor, as the best times i have ever had have all been free ,also i prefer to be poor as being poor relives me from the pressure of actually doing anything about it.
or being responsible for not doing anything about it....:lol:

Poor is as poor does.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
talloola
You mean, you are a runaway.

Nope talloola, Things change ,people change ; I moved to better myself .

Do you like China's politics better
Yes ! If I want to work smart ,I will make allot of money -and I do .
Chinese politics are like any other politics ......anywhere . As far as the government goes ,I leave them alone and they leave me alone .

have to go now ...will continue .

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Socrates the Greek

Canada's people are great ............but the liberals suck big time!!!!!!!!!!!!
.........and that's the reason I,m in China .

Now............. China you and I will have peace and no more sniping from here on.
In the second day of the 2008 Olimpics in Beijing we have witnessed that the determination and collaboration and friendliness amongst the Chinese people in Beijing is of paramount proportion.
China has put together a great show, most expensive Olympic games since the first modern Olimpics in 1896. I was so impressed to see the enthusiasm in the faces of the Chinese people host the games my forefathers introduced to the world. I have ties to the Chinese people and I am very interested in the 12000 year old private civilization during the Dynasty era in China. I can't stand braggers, and I can't stand ideology that will make me feel inferior while some loser tells me I am the Government and you are the ant..... The Chinese people have no say in the matter...... , and the Chinese government officials are not practicing true Communism, it is Communism in the out side and totalitarianism in the inside. You oppose their view and you get either executed or lobotomized. I love my Liberals China, and it is to bad you run away from Canada........................

On one of your previous statements to talloola you were saying that, "you live the government alone and they live you alone" that is sad, while they are unfairly prosecuting opposing opinion, that is no deferent then playing the role an austrage. I do wish China a great time while the world has been invited to participate with the best of the best in this great Olympic time.....Good luck....

Last edited:

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
he is knocking the Canadian way
Canadian way..??hahaha ...what is a canadian way ? ...."don't like the Canadian way ,go home". How many time I have seen and heard that in real life and here in the forum.
why for years he used the Canadian infrastructure to benefit him self and his family while for many years of residence in Canada
...for many years my business was a part of "the Canadian infrastructure ";I helped many welfare people to get of he welfare and start a new life ......mister!
I have many immigrant friends who came to Canada in early 60's (like my self)and who also became self -employed -we were helping Canada - and then came the liberals .

I can never like the mentality "I used you and now I will call you a bunch of names" how dose that work?
Quote China
are great ............but the liberals suck big time!!!!!!!!!!!!
No Socrates the Greek ,I've never used the Liberals ;I just don't like them.
You have bin insulting me StG and there is no reason for it .

Last edited:

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
I was so impressed to see the enthusiasm in the faces of the Chinese people
And so was I- 6 years ago , and...ever since. One of the reasons I,m still in China .

I love my Liberals China, and it is to bad you run away from Canada........................
I did not run away from Canada ,I have just moved to a place where I have more opportunities to make serious money , legally .In Canada there are not such opportunities unless you are a liberal and a head of an advertising agency .

Last edited:

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Moving from one place where at least the attempt at treating people like people to another place where even if you have money you are not being treated like a human and at any time may have your wealth confiscated at any time is interesting.
Becoming wealthy in Canada isn't really that difficult if you are willing to work at it. IOW, you can make your own opportunities.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
And so was I- 6 years ago , and...ever since. One of the reasons I,m still in China .

I did not run away from Canada ,I have just moved to a place where I have more opportunities to make serious money , legally .In Canada there are not such opportunities unless you are a liberal and a head of an advertising agency .

So then, I am assuming because you are a 'CANADIAN' working and living in China,
you have total charge of your income, and can ship your money anywhere you want,
to protect it, and not handcuffed by the chinese government as the chinese citizen is.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
. So then, I am assuming because you are a 'CANADIAN' working and living in China,
you have total charge of your income, and can ship your money anywhere you want,to protect it,

I am in charge of my income just as much as I would be in Canada ,Us , or any other civilized nation .
and not handcuffed by the chinese government as the chinese citizen is.
If I'll break the law of this nation I will be handcuffed ,shot and deported to a
Canadian front, talloola.

Last edited: