Prince Harry was mobbed by adoring members of the public again today whilst attending the Royal Norfolk Show.

The usual crowds of teenage girls, children and other members of the public all gathered to greet the prince at the show in Costessey, Norfolk.

The show is one of the highlights of the British summer.

Whilst there, the prince inspected an Ayshire cow, shown how to make a garden tool, and was treated to a good old British meal of Norfolk beef, salad and potatoes followed by English strawberries and shortmeal bread, assorted Norfolk wines and apple juice.

Harry mobbed at Norfolk show

Eye, eye ... Prince Harry inspects an Ayrshire cow

The Sun

HARRY-mania hit Norwich today when the Prince visited the Royal Norfolk Show.

The young royal was mobbed by hoards of fans as he toured the agricultural showground at Costessey, Norfolk.

Groups of teenage girls, children and other members of the public, all wielding cameras, fought to get close to the Prince, shouting "Harry" and asking each other "Did you see him?"

He had young girls hearts in a flutter all over the place with many remarking: "He’s so fit."

Harry arrived at the show in a black Range Rover to cheers and applause from the waiting crowd.

He was at the event to mark the centenary of the granting of the Royal Charter to the show’s organiser, the Royal Norfolk Agricultural Association.

He was met this morning by dignitaries and supporters of the show, including this year’s president, head of the British Army Sir Richard Dannatt.

It was Sir Richard who gave the go-ahead for Harry to deploy to Afghanistan earlier this year.

The Prince’s first stop this morning was the cattle buildings where he stopped off to look at examples of the Holstein and Jersey breeds.

He then made his way outside where he stopped to talk to 14-year-old Robert Crawford, who is showing his Ayrshire cattle. He introduced Harry to one of his prized specimens, Marshview Marie.

Robert said: "He was asking me what they judge the cattle on and I told him they’re looking at the udders and the body."

Robert’s answer prompted the Prince to take a closer look at the cow’s udders before remarking: "It’s very clean."

In the woodland area the Prince tried his hand at lathe turning - a machine which can be used to make wood or metal objects.

He was shown how to pedal the machine and use a chisel to make a garden tool for planting by expert Lois Beakhouse, 40, from Malvern, Worcestershire.

With everyone watching, the Prince said: "I think they’re waiting for me to make a mistake."

Harry was treated to a lunch of Norfolk beef, salad and potatoes followed by English strawberries and shortbread mille feuille with local wines and apple juice before he left.