Saudi Arabia arrests alleged gays in raid

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
Associated Press

RIYADH, Saudi Arabia A Saudi newspaper says religious police have arrested 21 allegedly homosexual men and confiscated large amounts of alcohol.
Al-Medina daily says the Commission for the Propagation of Virtue and the Prevention of Vice, which employs the religious police, was told Friday of a large gathering of young men at a rest house in Qatif, in eastern Saudi Arabia.
The paper says scores of men were initially arrested but only 21 remain in detention.
Homosexuality is seen as a sin in Islam and prohibited in Saudi Arabia and most other Muslim nations. In the conservative kingdom, the offence can be punished by flogging or prison.

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
Although their methods may be a bit harsh, it is still wonderful to read that there are still some places that are prepared to deal with people who have chosen to live in an immoral homosexual lifestyle! I wish Canada was as dedicated to preventing the spread of homosexual influence as SA is.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
It was the alcohol that caused this. After a number of drinks,anything looks good enough to [insert filthy word here]. Seriously tho, the state of civilization in Europe and the Middle East seems to be severly lacking & yet, we are considered to be barbarians by comparison:-?

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Sanctus

Why would your creator god create something as "immoral" as same-sex liason? Not only humans but an enormous variety of animals engage in this behavior. Is there maybe something "god" isn't telling us about his appetities?

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Why are there so many twisted apologists for such a deviant god? Those apologists work tirelessly for that monsterous dieity always making excusses for his excesses and blameing natural normal humans for the acts of the great universal prick in the sky. I'd like to punch god in the mouth.

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
Stupid. People should just mind their own business. What consenting adults do has no effect on anybody else. If this is what they're focusing on, they've missed a lot of more important issues.

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Stupid. People should just mind their own business. What consenting adults do has no effect on anybody else. If this is what they're focusing on, they've missed a lot of more important issues.

AMEN!

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Sanctus

If the only thing keeping you in the closet is your fear of what the "church" will say....you needn't worry. Hasn't the Catholic Church demonstrated to your satisfaction that they're prepared to hide and misdirect the immorality of pedophelia...?

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Allright...we have one vote from the good Father in favor of terrorism as useful in bringing the flock to heel..... If we can simply embrace stoning women...or finding a woman raped by several men...as guilty if not more guilty than the animals who raped her....

Who said the Inquisition was dead!

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Sanctus

If the only thing keeping you in the closet is your fear of what the "church" will say....you needn't worry. Hasn't the Catholic Church demonstrated to your satisfaction that they're prepared to hide and misdirect the immorality of pedophelia...?

Ohhhhhhhh innocent me, I hadn't thought.God works in mysterious ways I guess.

wallyj

just special
May 7, 2006
not in Kansas anymore
Sanctus

Why would your creator god create something as "immoral" as same-sex liason? Not only humans but an enormous variety of animals engage in this behavior. Is there maybe something "god" isn't telling us about his appetities?
I would like to see that 'enormous' list of animals that engage in homosexual behaviour. I think the list is one,a type of penguin. Sorry,two,if you count humans. Animals besides humans do not mate,rut,etc. for pleasure but for reproduction . Chances are also,that the gay penguin has trouble differentiating between the sexes.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
I would like to see that 'enormous' list of animals that engage in homosexual behaviour. I think the list is one,a type of penguin. Sorry,two,if you count humans. Animals besides humans do not mate,rut,etc. for pleasure but for reproduction . Chances are also,that the gay penguin has trouble differentiating between the sexes.

You've never heard of the Bonobo apes before? Very much like Chimpanzies, only instead of solving quarrels with violence, they have orgies, call it make-up sex, and the gender is irrelevant.

Plenty of other animals have homosexual behaviour. Check out the Wikipedia article.

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California

3 if you count dogs. Mine is as gay as a handbag.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Although their methods may be a bit harsh, it is still wonderful to read that there are still some places that are prepared to deal with people who have chosen to live in an immoral homosexual lifestyle! I wish Canada was as dedicated to preventing the spread of homosexual influence as SA is.

And, one needs to ask, what ever happened to "love the sinner, hate the sin"?

The Church, no church, belongs in our bedrooms.

Christianity is supposed to be a religion of choice.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
What has the Holy Roman church got against people being honest with the self God gave them? On another note ... priests and altar boys. Pot? Kettle?

Last edited:

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss

And you wonder why kids these days have no respect for their 'elders', or why I act so, how did you say it, arrogant, when discussing almost any issue with you. Statements like this will never cease to astound me and sink you lower and lower in my eyes.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss

Our cattle used to mount up on the wrong sex CONSTANTLY. My dog used to take other male dogs, and what's even worse, he'd try to help out the cats when they went into heat.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I'd like to point out that I've had plenty of discussion surrounding homosexuality, with priests and nuns alike. And while many will explain church doctrine regarding it, none would suggest like sanctus here that the church has any place routing it out of society. And many disagree with the church stance, and speak at length about condemning hateful views like his.