Successful short men!!

dancing-loon
Why Height Doesn't Matter

Four short men who have survived ridicule and prejudice share their success secrets

On the campus of James Madison University, in Harrisonburg, Virginia, stands a bronze statue of the school's namesake. This life-size replica of the fourth U.S. president is just 5'4" tall; it seems almost as if a toy human were filling the biggest job in the world. If you sit nearby during summer open house, you'll witness surprise and skepticism from visitors as they stop, circle, and study it. What's with the double takes? Why do so many people assume that a commander-in-chief must be tall and robust? And why is Madison's size an issue at all? He's a founding father, an author of the Constitution. And he's a short guy.

Such is the short man's curse.

That curse has probably never been more pervasive than it is in today's appearance-is-everything society. The short man (and by short, we mean below the national average of 5'9") must not only conquer the usual challenges that guard success but also withstand ridicule and even prejudice. Studies have revealed that short men are less likely to be hired, promoted, or paid as well as their taller colleagues, and are less prized by women.

Come and read to discover the famous four Shorties:

http://lifestyle.sympatico.msn.ca/Wh...abc&date=False
-----------------------------------------------------------
I looked high and low and couldn't find our original thread about short men.
Dear moderators, feel free to move this post over, IF you can find the org. thread!!

quandary121
dancing-loon no im not short im 5/11 ok lol

karrie
A closet short man!!

The trick is to put just one key word into the search, and track back to about the day you were discussing it. 'Short' turned the thread up for me quickly. It can be a tricky search function though, it doesn't like any word four letters or less.

gopher
Interesting how all four men are exceptionally gifted. Now let's see similar stories of guys who are not so gifted.

lone wolf
Napoleon had pretty good gig happening - before he tackled Russia....

Woof!

dancing-loon
Quote: Originally Posted by gopherView Post

Interesting how all four men are exceptionally gifted. Now let's see similar stories of guys who are not so gifted.

Oh, Gopher... why don't you start with yourself??

gopher
Me??? I'm not even remotely gifted.

Zzarchov
Im very gifted, why just this christmas I got a pony, and a toy rocketship and a ...

scratch
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

Napoleon had pretty good gig happening - before he tackled Russia....

Woof!

How about Mickey Rooney and Michael J. Fox. Fox I feel for.

Nuggler
"Australian/American Actor from Mad Max 2. Some people insist he is only 5ft 8 and constantly wears elevator shoes to give him an extra boost. In 1990 a newspaper said "he says he's 5 foot 10 although he says he's read that he's 5 foot 4", although some insist "Mel Gibson struggles to hit 5ft 8in...the Braveheart star's size has caused some problems on set in the past. When Mel was filming The Year Of Living Dangerously with 5ft 11in Sigourney Weaver, he had to wear built-up shoes and even stand on a box for some scenes to be eye level with"

I'd like to be on eye level with Sigourney, also.

Too bad about his mouth, though.

Nuggler

Me??? I'm not even remotely gifted.

"Hell, son, yer as gifted as they come!! Ah mean GIFTED, SON, GIFTED!!" ::quoting Foghorn Leghorn in one of his many dramatic roles in the movies.

MikeyDB
Didn't Randy Newman write a song just for "Short People"....?

gopher
Yup. And somebody wrote an answer song called Tall People.

It went something like this: 'we don't like tall people cause they walk around with their asses in the sky ...'

LOL!

dancing-loon
Is this the "Shorties Club" talking???

Tall men, I find, are often real Teddy Bears, cuddly and warm and non-aggressive.... the kind I prefer! Guess what else? They scare all the little weasels away just looking at them!!

Risus
This topic is silly. There are more successful tall men than there are short men, but maybe that is just because there are more tall men around.

dj03
Ralph Klein was an escaped munchkin from Oz. Love him or hate him, he was short and never lost an election.

gopher
Quote: Originally Posted by dancing-loonView Post

Is this the "Shorties Club" talking???

Tall men, I find, are often real Teddy Bears, cuddly and warm and non-aggressive.... the kind I prefer! Guess what else? They scare all the little weasels away just looking at them!!

Aha! Loon shows her prejudice!!

Remember -- God punishes!

gopher
... but that's OK as I only like wealthy women.

dancing-loon

... but that's OK as I only like wealthy women.

See? That settles it!! You take the wealthy women, and I the tall and cuddly guys!!

Risus... you are so right! It's a silly topic, but what else do you want us to talk about?

Why don't you all come over to the Zimbabwe thread... nice picture to look at. Give your opinions! Make data feel welcome! He comes all the way from Germany..... nice guy, very knowledgeable.