www.thechronicleherald.ca/Canada/1044154.html (external - login to view)
TORONTO (CP) — Fallen media baron Conrad Black’s eldest son has been charged in connection with a traffic collision in downtown Toronto that left a man injured.
Thirty-year-old Jonathan David Black was charged Sunday with failing to stop after an accident, careless driving, driving while under suspension and operating a motor vehicle without insurance.
Black, a former model, will appear in court on April 28.
"We’re alleging that the collision involved a vehicle that rear-ended a second, stopped vehicle and we’re also alleging that the driver of that vehicle backed up and then left the scene," Det. Wally Watts told The Canadian Press.
Watts said a vehicle has been seized and is being tested at the Centre For Forensic Sciences in Toronto.
He said police interviewed a man on Sunday morning about the Thursday night collision near Toronto’s financial district and as a result laid charges.
Watts said the male driver of the stopped vehicle suffered neck and shoulder "soft tissue" injuries and was treated and released from hospital.
Black is the eldest of three children from the former newspaper magnate’s first marriage.
Conrad Black began serving a 6 1/2 -year jail term at a Florida prison earlier this month after being convicted in July of defrauding Hollinger International shareholders and obstruction of justice. His lawyers have filed an appeal of his convictions.