Possible US recession?.... Gold $1000!!

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
Gold hits $1,000 for first time

The price of gold reached a record, trading at $1,000 an ounce for the first time, pushed higher by a weak US dollar and fears about the US economy. Concerns about a possible US recession are seeing investors buy up commodities such as gold as an alternative to company shares and the US dollar.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7294040.stm
------------------------------------------------------------
I guess, one has to be really rich to be crazy enough to pay a thousand dollars for 31 grams of gold!!! :roll: It doesn't make sense to me. Where is the gold? Is it stored somewhere? Do the buyers actually get to hold the gold in their hands, as shown in the picture?

jjaycee98

Electoral Member
Jan 27, 2006
British Columbia
I have 1/2 ounce-mmm actually several

In Coins that I bought several years ago. Trying to sell them on E-Bay at the moment. May do better with a broker though.

There are a number of coins for sale there so I guess lots of people do buy and do hold Gold in their hands.

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
In Coins that I bought several years ago. Trying to sell them on E-Bay at the moment. May do better with a broker though.

There are a number of coins for sale there so I guess lots of people do buy and do hold Gold in their hands.
I would be interested, if it were a bit cheaper... say, around $35!!:lol:

Have a nice Sunday!