Montreal Man Fires His Gun and Chases Away Home Invaders

no color

Electoral Member
May 20, 2007
1967 World's Fair
Let this be a message to future home invaders, us homeowners will not be intimidated, we will protect our family and property with whatever means necessary. It would be nice though if one of his shots actually hit the suspect(s). No matter, I'm sure police will catch these guys soon especially with help from the homeowner in providing a detailed description.

Here's the story:

Villeray man chases invaders with gun

The Gazette

Police were questioning a man in his mid-20s last night after he chased away two men who broke into his Villeray home by shooting several gunshots in their direction.

The suspects broke into the man's home on de Lanaudière St. near Everett St. about 9:15, Montreal police Constable Anie Lemieux said.

The victim charged at the home invaders with his gun and fired several shots in their direction as they left the home and fled in a car, she added. One shot broke a window in the getaway car, Lemieux said.

Police had not made any arrests in the case yet.

It was not known if either of the suspects was hurt.

link:
http://www.canada.com/montrealgazet...=c4e424cf-b273-48e3-9184-3fae3d9ffa45&k=66248

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Here's the scary part:

The gentlemen that stood is ground may well be charged.

He is in violation of the law as he fired at them while they were fleeing.

He is also in violation of the law if they were not displaying weapons.

Idiotic, I know. But there it is.

My only advice to him would be elect trial by judge and jury..........pray I'm on the jury.

:)

harleyhunny

Time Out
Feb 25, 2008
International
Villeray man chases invaders with gun

The Gazette

Police were questioning a man in his mid-20s last night after he chased away two men who broke into his Villeray home by shooting several gunshots in their direction.

The suspects broke into the man's home on de Lanaudière St. near Everett St. about 9:15, Montreal police Constable Anie Lemieux said.

The victim charged at the home invaders with his gun and fired several shots in their direction as they left the home and fled in a car, she added. One shot broke a window in the getaway car, Lemieux said.

Police had not made any arrests in the case yet.

It was not known if either of the suspects was hurt.

link:
Oh my goodness can't have those poor criminals harmed can we?

Good on this guy. Hurrah! I would have done the same thing!
Maybe the guy feels his family and home, life etc is worth being charged for.
Hopefully the so called compassionate Canadian will rush to his cause like they do criminals.
Nawwww! Won't happen. We are not supposed to defend ourselves in Canada are we. We have to get a group together to support us, and fight for us. Bah!
If this guy does get charged it is a misdemeanor. Bet those peices of ****s won't be back to his house any time soon.
Wow I like this story, gives a ray of hope that some will stand and fight in Canada. Whew! I was beginning to worry that we had a country of cowards. Maybe the government will take notice if more citizens stand up to criminals. Maybe then they will give stronger sentences that actually act as a deterrent to future crime. We are too soft on criminals in this country, and they have more rights, than anyone. Thanks to those moronic bleeding heart liberals, that slithered in when no one was looking, or really paying attention.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Personally Colpy, I don't think the laws of equal force are stupid, nor do I think it's dumb to expect that we won't shoot fleeing men in the back. It's ridiculous to me to expect otherwise frankly.

Most of the 'home invasions' I've heard people talk about around here are drunks trying to get into the wrong house. We once woke up with someone passed out on our couch when I still lived at home with my parents. He was appalled that he was in 'the wrong apartment' when he woke up and stumbled out. Can you imagine if we'd just shot him on his way into the house? Or as he realized his mistake and bolted in embarassment? Frick, trigger happy people frustrate me.

Show your weapon, call the police, fine. Shoot if they threaten or move at you. But shooting at a fleeing person? That's just insane. People shouldn't be allowed to own guns if they can't muster a certain amount of self control and cool headed rationality in these sorts of situations.