Canada on way to brave new world of surveillance

tehowe

Feb 8, 2008
Taranna
Canada on way to brave new world of surveillance

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/story.html?id=c66fff5b-177f-4105-b03b-9f6af6032dd3&k=8028

"Within five years, Petriu expects to be able to provide software for a smart system that will, in real time, analyze data from a range of sensors and monitoring devices -- including video, audio, infrared, biological and radiation -- to help police zero in on people bent on doing harm.

Petriu dismisses the privacy and civil liberties concerns his research raises. "Unfortunately, too much unchecked liberty is abused by other persons," he says."

---------

Here's a novel idea: Tyranny is the real danger, not the sporadic, random actions of criminals.

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
The elite are once again getting too big for their britches I think. Is it time to dust off the guillotine yet?

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Put your faith in technology...

Four or five RCMP officers can't tell if a person speaks English or is dangerously disturbed and presenting a danger to people around him...so taser him... And if he dies...OH WELL the worlds a little safer....

Now we will have the assurance of technology to rely on....

It's helped us in so many ways before...

Rubbish....

Another sure indicator that Ontario (all politicians) are completely incompetent and more than prepared to shovel taxpayer money to "business".

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
decision making is made at the top but not by those who have the inteligence or forethought of anything , They're too busy correcting past mistakes to do anything of service any more. This way if anything like this ever gets implemented it will wash the hands of the top leaders of any moral delema as the machine doesn't discriminate.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Not yet, but stock up on ammunition.

uhhh ... unless I go to an underground source (of which there are many) ammo has been a bit hard to purchase ever since I said "screw you" to gun control. Fortunately, I have a goodly stock on hand - just not quite enough to sustain a small war.

Woof!