Twins separated at birth met and married

Reuters

Council Member
Jun 2, 2007
LONDON (Reuters) - A couple discovered after they had married that they were twins who had been split up at birth and adopted by separate families, according to a member of Britain's House of Lords.

Reuters

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
I thought exactly the same thing, but hot on the heels of that thought was: "Oh my gawd - those poor people - they must be devastated and seriously messed UP from that news". I hope they didn't have children, that would only make it so much worse.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I thought exactly the same thing, but hot on the heels of that thought was: "Oh my gawd - those poor people - they must be devastated and seriously messed UP from that news". I hope they didn't have children, that would only make it so much worse.

It's all hearsay at this point Zan. The politician has an agenda and all the info he gives is second hand. Nothing is documented.

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
Well as shoddy as it would be for someone to make a story like that up, it would still be preferable to seeing 2 lives messed with in such a horrible way. If it's a pile of lies, I hope they can hold him accountable. If it's true, I hope they can prove that without divulging the folks' names - that would just compound the grievance done to these folks.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Grievance?

Nobody forces anybody into a relationship.... wait.... ok not in this situation anyways. They chose to be with one another, for whatever unforseeable reasons (How were they supposed to know the twins would start getting freaky with one another?)

They both went into this and it all came to be as we now know.

"Oh Hansel, we have so much in common. We're both orphans."

"Yes Gretel" *fondles hair* "and we have the same eyes and the same nose."

"And we have the same hair, and almost the same teeth."

"Yes, and we both were born in the same hospital on the same birth date and given up for adoption.... Like what a Coinq'i'dink!"

"Wow now we're married and guess what? We're Twins and we were doing it to each other.... Zounds! Who would have tunk it?"

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Grievance?

Nobody forces anybody into a relationship.... wait.... ok not in this situation anyways. They chose to be with one another, for whatever unforseeable reasons (How were they supposed to know the twins would start getting freaky with one another?)

They both went into this and it all came to be as we now know.

"Oh Hansel, we have so much in common. We're both orphans."

"Yes Gretel" *fondles hair* "and we have the same eyes and the same nose."

"And we have the same hair, and almost the same teeth."

"Yes, and we both were born in the same hospital on the same birth date and given up for adoption.... Like what a Coinq'i'dink!"

"Wow now we're married and guess what? We're Twins and we were doing it to each other.... Zounds! Who would have tunk it?"

I mean, by the way they explain things, they were never told they had a twin, but we're they just so horny to ask some details about each other's backgrounds? Or were they just so dense not to notice after a bit of talking that you both were born on the same day, the same hospital, and given up for adoption.... Hmmmm.... Wouldn't you think a bit about how odd that is? Even if you're not identical in someway?

This just seems like a lack of common sense and I don't see any reason why they should get anything for their troubles. But who knows... maybe I would have been just as clouded and done the same thing.

heh heh.... now wouldn't my face be red.... ha ha.... Oh man. Dear Diary, you wouldn't imagine what I just found out. Wait a second... *Flips pages back* Geezz... it was all right in front of me.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
I mean, by the way they explain things, they were never told they had a twin, but we're they just so horny to ask some details about each other's backgrounds? Or were they just so dense not to notice after a bit of talking that you both were born on the same day, the same hospital, and given up for adoption.... Hmmmm.... Wouldn't you think a bit about how odd that is? Even if you're not identical in someway?

This just seems like a lack of common sense and I don't see any reason why they should get anything for their troubles. But who knows... maybe I would have been just as clouded and done the same thing.

heh heh.... now wouldn't my face be red.... ha ha.... Oh man. Dear Diary, you wouldn't imagine what I just found out. Wait a second... *Flips pages back* Geezz... it was all right in front of me.

Oh BALONEY!

20-20 hindsight.

QUICK! What hospital was your mate born in?

1 in 365 people is going to have the same birthday..............in my VERY small family, I share a birthday with, my grandson, and and with my daughter-in-laws father. That is 3 people with the same bithday out of a small group.

Male-female twins are (OBVIOUSLY) NOT identical.............

This thing is incredibly unfortunate, a tragedy for those concerned, and they do not deserve condemnation in any form for their misfortune.......

IMHO

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
Exactly Colpy. I cannot ever remember discussing with anyone I dated the possibility that we might be related. It's an anomalous situation.

Praxious - re your questioning whether the situation in the OP is grievous - YES it's grievous. I wasn't assigning blame to anyone for those grievances - how can we do that? This is just one of those situations where we shake our fists at 'fate' and wonder WHY?

My point is that we have the opportunity to NOT compound the harm done by ensuring the privacy of this couple is protected.

As gerryh has already pointed out though, at this time it's still just heresay. Maybe this politician will just turn out to be another bald-faced liar making shyte up to further his own agenda. Wouldn't that be nice?

(edited to fix some really bad writing that sounded like I've dated a relative with grievous results lol)

Last edited:

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
The chance of it happening is next to impossible. No wonder they didn't think about it.

The odd thing is I saw a study once where people were asked to visually pick the most physicially attractive members of the opposite sex. All of the people were similar to them in race, hair color etc but everyone of course is different genetically. In that study people were most likely NOT to pick those who were the similar to them genetically. Almost as if our bodies were hardwired to be attracted to people who were genetically different. It was research on the question "do opposites really attract".

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
1 in 365 people is going to have the same birthday..............in my VERY small family, I share a birthday with, my grandson, and and with my daughter-in-laws father. That is 3 people with the same bithday out of a small group.

No, you don't actually share the same actual birthday as your grandson. Your birthday's are on the same day of the month, but you were born on different days. As for your daughterr-in-law's father.... is it the exact same b-day? same year and all?

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
If this goes beyond hearsay, personally, get them a matching set of tubal ligations and call it good. They're not brother and sister in any real sense that registers to them.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
If this goes beyond hearsay, personally, get them a matching set of tubal ligations and call it good. They're not brother and sister in any real sense that registers to them.
That will probably happen no matter who recognizes or doesn't recognize their marriage.

I wonder if they will do more roleplaying. It's gettin damn kinky.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Let's see, all my past relationships have been of a different year, born in different areas of the country, in fact world.

I'm someone who follows family history and where we come from, etc. I know a lot about where I came from, what hospital I was born in, and all that good stuff, just as I am interested in where my girlfriend comes from. It's not out od paranoia, but of interest.

And to answer your question, my situation is not the above, therefore I do not exactly need to know where my girlfriend was born in what hospital, because she's from Australia, so I'm pretty sure we're not related.

colpy said:
in my VERY small family, I share a birthday with, my grandson, and and with my daughter-in-laws father. That is 3 people with the same bithday out of a small group.

Exactly how does that prove me wrong?

Wow, you have the same birth date with your grandson and daughter in law's father.... I take it your grandson wasn't born the same year as you, as well as day? Is the D.In Law's Father the same day and year?

Even if you and he are the exact same age, we're you both given up for adoption at the same time?

No, most people wouldn't be very memorable about what hospital who was born in where.... but those who are adopted and are curious about where they came from and who their family is, then this is one of those things in the back of the mind for most.

Now when you throw all of the above together at once and throw yourself in that situation.... you're telling me you wouldn't have thought perhaps just once that there might be a relation chance at play?

Maybe it's just the upbringing in my own family where most are nurses or in the military, but that was always something in the back of my mind, and I'm not even adopted.

"I'm adopted"

"Wow, so am I"

"Did you goto such and such orphanage?"

"Why yes I did. Where were you born?"

"What a coincidence, so was I. How old are you again?"

"Wow, that's my birthday, exactly."

Cripes it's not hard to open that kind of discussion up and put two and two together.

If one of them never mentioned they were adopted because of embarassment, then it's their own fault for not sharing that information at the start to raise some flags.

Geez, this is just so transparent. Like I said, they either we're completely clueless, or they rushed to sex too fast to really care and then, surprise!

no sympathy form me. Poop happens

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
No, you don't actually share the same actual birthday as your grandson. Your birthday's are on the same day of the month, but you were born on different days. As for your daughterr-in-law's father.... is it the exact same b-day? same year and all?

Exactly, and are you all adopted? That's the key to my point. If you're all not adopted and the dates don't add up, then obviously you're not all twins/trips.

That's all I'm saying. This situation isn't the norm, and I would have figured some questions would have come up before they went all the way through with marriage and the sort.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Exactly, and are you all adopted? That's the key to my point. If you're all not adopted and the dates don't add up, then obviously you're not all twins/trips.

That's all I'm saying. This situation isn't the norm, and I would have figured some questions would have come up before they went all the way through with marriage and the sort.

Ya...it's all their fault...:roll: ...if it even happened........

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
well if someone was really out to blame for this, then that's who'd be to blame. They chose the relationship and they accept the consequences of those decisions. That goes with dating someone with herpes or genital warts.... if you don't check yourself for safety before getting into an unknown sexual relationship, then you have nobody else to blame.

But if they directly lie to you about things, then that reverses of course.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
well if someone was really out to blame for this, then that's who'd be to blame. They chose the relationship and they accept the consequences of those decisions. That goes with dating someone with herpes or genital warts.... if you don't check yourself for safety before getting into an unknown sexual relationship, then you have nobody else to blame.

But if they directly lie to you about things, then that reverses of course.

and blame needs to be laid at someones feet because...................................