Bhutto follows her father

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
The madness that is Pakistan, continues.

Benazir Bhutto killed in attack

Benazir Bhutto had been addressing rallies in many parts of Pakistan

Pakistani former Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto has been killed in a presumed suicide attack.
News of her death was confirmed by a military spokesman and members of her Pakistan People's Party (PPP).
Ms Bhutto had just addressed an election rally in Rawalpindi when gunfire and an explosion occurred. At least 15 other people are reported killed in the attack and several more were injured. Ms Bhutto had twice been the country's prime minister.

Last edited:

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Power is addictive, she new what she was doing, she offered nothing but maintenance of the status-quo. I don't think destabilization was in Mushariffes interest but I do think it was in the interest of you know who. A divided chaotic Pakistan profits who?

hermite

Not so newbie now
Nov 21, 2007
950 Snowupthearse Rd. Can
Quoting darkbeaver Al-Kaduh seems to be a powerful well financed organization that is able to strike any where on the globe at any time.

Don't they? Seem to be, that is. Or maybe they're just a bunch of crazies, sitting in their mom's cave's basements, taking credit for everything.
Me, too :canada:

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Musharraf himself has also been a target.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A50544-2004Jan2?language=printer

Anyone with strings attached to the US are targets.

Meanwhile, President Bush has condemned this attempt to undermine Pakistan's democracy...

..."The United States strongly condemns this cowardly act by murderous extremists who are trying to undermine Pakistan's democracy," said Bush, who looked tense and took no questions....
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/12/27/AR2007122700986.html

Comments by US presidential canididates and links to Pakistani blogs here:
http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/usa/2007/12/reaction_to_benazir_bhutto.html

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
That is scary and has been scary for a while. What is pathetic is that some on this thread are already trying to put Bush behind this murder. Maybe start another stupid frigging conspiracy.grow up a-holes.

I'm sure Logic is getting it all tied together as we speak....I await his verdict with baited breath...

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
If anything good can come from this it could be moderates finding enough anger to start their own version of jihad.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Moderation works for some things not for others, the murderers of 9/11 don't believe in moderation, they believe in full spectrum domination, because they know nothing else will save them this time. haha

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
The video of her coffin being carried out of hospital is a powerful image.

She sure had heart and determination. I hope young women in that area of world find their own determination from this event to confront the cave-dwellers.

Reactions: tracy