Dallas Man Shoots, Kills Second Burglar In 1 Month

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
Maybe this guy should start putting heads on a pike outside his business....

(CBS 11 News) DALLAS For the second time in one month, a business owner in west Dallas has shot and killed a burglary suspect.

The second fatal shooting occurred in the 2000 block of Chalk Hill Road.

Dallas police believe James Walton was sleeping when his burglar alarm sounded late Saturday night.

Police say he found two suspects at his business, Texas Allied Welding Supply. He shot and killed the first suspect, 37-year-old Jimmy Gannon.

The second suspect was also shot, but was not seriously injured.

According to investigators, the two suspects may have been looking for copper.

Robert Brown, one of Walton's neighbors, said he's proud of the shooting. He said it brings "a sense of pride of your neighborhood, taking care of your own. I like it."

Last month, Walton shot and killed Raul Laureles after he tried to break into his business.

"People have the right to defend their property and their own life," said Dallas Police Sergeant Andrew Harvey. "We'll refer to the grand jury and make sure they hear [the case]."

Walton was questioned by police, but was not arrested.

http://cbs11tv.com/topstories/local_story_287212318.html

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
That must be just a local TV station............This kind of story of someone either saving his life or property with a firearm......is not usually picked up by mainstream media.....;-)

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Does anyone remember the story last year, about the Canadian dude who beat the crap outta some drunken teen he found crouched down in the dark in his house? Then the cops were investigating whether or not he had committed a crime by beating the invader. I wonder what happened with that case?

flutterby

Time Out
Oct 3, 2007
since when is it necessary to kill a burglar? this man sounds a little trigger happy.

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
You know what would cut down on the death toll?

Not breaking into other peoples homes and businesses.

Their deaths should be labelled suicide.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
What is going to happen is the second suspect is going to go to jail, study law, and then proceed to sue Walton, tying him up in frivolous litigation and make him wish he had killed that one too...........:roll:

flutterby

Time Out
Oct 3, 2007
was he threatened physically? were they armed? i think not, or the writer would have referred to them as robbers, not burglars.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
was he threatened physically? were they armed? i think not, or the writer would have referred to them as robbers, not burglars.

It doesn't matter... it's legal to shoot someone in Texas, if you are protecting your property.

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
:Update:

The unhinged left sends the hispanic Journalist of the year to harrass a senior citizen because he was defending his property from low life thieves.

Senior Reduced To Tears By Reporter After Shooting

Update: The reporter, Rebecca Aguilar has been suspended. Ironic considering she appears to have also just been named Hispanic Journalist of the Year.

So much for bloggers stalking people in the news. Leave it to a real journalist to go over the top. Police say there was no crime comitted by him. He's a senior citizen, a veteran, and ultimately he's reduced to tears by a reporter following up on a story after his business was broken into twice in three weeks. Video below.
"Are you a trigger happy kind of person? Is that what you wanted to do, shoot to kill?"
story here: A Ledbetter-area business owner fatally shot a suspected burglar Sunday morning – the second time in three weeks that he killed an intruder, Dallas police said.
James Walton, owner of Able Walton Machine & Welding in the 2000 block of Chalk Hill Road in West Dallas, was alerted to the intruder when his motion sensor system activated about 9 a.m. Sunday, police said.

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
It's thought provoking alright...

As a competative shooter, I keep handguns and ammunition stored in my residence. If I were to use these tools to defend my property and my well-being in Canada, I would lose my firearms and the right to own guns and ammunition. In Canada, the rule is ....look the other way and call the police.....

This second ammendment thing while I believe taken to the extreme in the name of protecting individual "rights", speaks to a fundamental component of living in the social construct. There will be people who for both legitimate and less than legitimate reasons will feel it's an oppotunity missed if they don't steal something from you....

Our willingness to "give the benefit of the doubt" to the aggressor has resulted in a generation of youngsters who believe they have a "right" to behave however and with whomever they choose.

From packing guns to schools and universities to invading peoples homes, Canadian and American society have had their right to peaceful co-existence marginalized by the teary-eyed moaners who would reduce every conflict to debate.

Good for any American protecting his home his business his loved-ones or him/herself!

Reactions: DaSleeper

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
It's thought provoking alright...

As a competative shooter, I keep handguns and ammunition stored in my residence. If I were to use these tools to defend my property and my well-being in Canada, I would lose my firearms and the right to own guns and ammunition. In Canada, the rule is ....look the other way and call the police.....

This second ammendment thing while I believe taken to the extreme in the name of protecting individual "rights", speaks to a fundamental component of living in the social construct. There will be people who for both legitimate and less than legitimate reasons will feel it's an oppotunity missed if they don't steal something from you....

Our willingness to "give the benefit of the doubt" to the aggressor has resulted in a generation of youngsters who believe they have a "right" to behave however and with whomever they choose.

From packing guns to schools and universities to invading peoples homes, Canadian and American society have had their right to peaceful co-existence marginalized by the teary-eyed moaners who would reduce every conflict to debate.

Good for any American protecting his home his business his loved-ones or him/herself!

I have been counselled in the past, that if I were ever in such a situation, shooting to incapacitate or merely wound is inadvisable. For several reasons, but the foremost being that the criminal invading your house or business, will more than likey retain some lawyer to sue you or your family for civil rights violations.

The police officer who I talked to said to shoot to kill, and if possible, shoot till the weapon is empty. Don't reload or anything, but do all you can to make it appear you were scared for your well-being. Because if you don't, more than likely, the family of the recently deceased will also try to sue you.

Like you said Mikey, they will feel like they missed an opportunity if they don't at least try to deprive you of your property or money.