Ok Iran fans, defend this...I know you will...

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
because it of course does not represent Islam:roll:

Hashemi Rafsanjani: Hitler Wanted to Expel Jews Because 'They Were a Pain in the Neck'

Hashemi Rafsanjani, former Iranian president and current Chairman of the Assembly of Experts, said Friday that Hitler’s treatment of Jewish people in Europe was due in part to their being “a pain in the neck.”
Rafsanjani’s comments came during a sermon for "International Jerusalem Day" on Iranian TV.
Video: Click here to watch Rafsanjani's speech (memritv.org).
Rafsanjani noted that Jews caused problems for European governments because they “had a lot of property” and “controlled an empire of propaganda.” He also said that the Nazis were successful in saving Europe from the evil of Zionism.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Their propaganda is about as accurate as our propaganda. Most people think 6 million Jews died in the holocaust. Its more accurate to say that approximately 6 million people died in the holocaust and the majority were likely Jews. But how many people in the west know that gypsies, slavs, the infirm... were also victims and they likely represent a significant minority.

So Iranians have their own propaganda. Apparently Iran doesn't have any homosexuals either. The above propaganda doesn't make Iranians less informed than westerners who believe Saddam Hussein aided al Queda and was behind the events of 9/11.

I refuse to be forced between choosing between Islamic fundamentalism and American imperialism. Surely there has to be so middle ground which recognizes both extremes are extremist.

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006
Golden Horseshoe, Ontario
I refuse to be forced between choosing between Islamic fundamentalism and American imperialism. Surely there has to be so middle ground which recognizes both extremes are extremist.

Excellent post with a perfect closing statement.

I call BS on propaganda wherever it crops up, here, there, aywhere... Like Afghanistan, where we've "turned" so many "corners" I'm surprised anyone can still see straight

It's fun to watch folks try and call others "traitors" on this board tho, no need to discredit such ridiculous tactics, folks employing those methods do all the work for themselves while feeling smug and righteous, so it's just funny

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Hitler wanted to ''purify'' Jews.

Sicko Republican Ann Coulter said the other day that it was a good idea after all.

Yep. The 'perfected Jew' theory. Long live the 'Christians' like her. :roll:

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Their propaganda is about as accurate as our propaganda. Most people think 6 million Jews died in the holocaust. Its more accurate to say that approximately 6 million people died in the holocaust and the majority were likely Jews. But how many people in the west know that gypsies, slavs, the infirm... were also victims and they likely represent a significant minority.

So Iranians have their own propaganda. Apparently Iran doesn't have any homosexuals either. The above propaganda doesn't make Iranians less informed than westerners who believe Saddam Hussein aided al Queda and was behind the events of 9/11.

Excuse me?

Other inmates of the extermination camps have already been taken into account, and NOT included in the 6 million figure.

The Germans killed a total of about 10 million in the concentration camps, including Jews, Gypsies, the physically and mentally infirm, political prisoners, resistance fighters, and even some hard-core allied POW escapers.

At 6 million, the Jews were by far the largest group.

What the hell does this have to do with being informed?

In case you haven't noticed, the United States is a REAL democracy, with rule-of-law. They do not stone people to death for sexual acts, they don't require the agreement of a council of religious fundamentalists for one to run for office, they do not oppress women, they don't wish to wipe Israel off the map, and on and on.

The Yanks have some problems, yes.

But to find some sort of moral equivalency between the United States and Iran is simply ludicrous.

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
Excuse me, Colpy?

He was comparing the false dichotomy of the OP of "either you agree with Islamic Fundamentalism or you agree with American Imperialism". I happen to disagree with both of them, I am pretty sure Earth_as_one does as well. There is no implied moral equivalence there; just the implication that two views are both morally bankrupt.

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
Heck I want to see a lot of big changes in the middle east, but when I take a look at a map and see Iraq on one side of Iran and Afghanistan on the other, I have some big fears that they are going to be the wrong changes for the wrong reasons. :(

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
because it of course does not represent Islam:roll:

Hashemi Rafsanjani: Hitler Wanted to Expel Jews Because 'They Were a Pain in the Neck'

Hashemi Rafsanjani, former Iranian president and current Chairman of the Assembly of Experts, said Friday that Hitler’s treatment of Jewish people in Europe was due in part to their being “a pain in the neck.”
Rafsanjani’s comments came during a sermon for "International Jerusalem Day" on Iranian TV.
Video: Click here to watch Rafsanjani's speech (memritv.org).
Rafsanjani noted that Jews caused problems for European governments because they “had a lot of property” and “controlled an empire of propaganda.” He also said that the Nazis were successful in saving Europe from the evil of Zionism.

Yes and the U.S. destroyed Iraq for no reason, created 2 million refugees, destablized the region, made terrorist recruitment easier and empowered the leaders in Iran.....what's your point?

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Excuse me, Colpy?

He was comparing the false dichotomy of the OP of "either you agree with Islamic Fundamentalism or you agree with American Imperialism". I happen to disagree with both of them, I am pretty sure Earth_as_one does as well. There is no implied moral equivalence there; just the implication that two views are both morally bankrupt.
N is correct, I disagree with both viewpoints. I also disgree with oppression and injustice.

In the case of refugees fleeing Europe duing the 1930's and 40's... I would have been in favor of letting into Canada as many we couldn't prove guilty of a crime. That means Jews, Gypsies, Slavs, the infirm... Because that would have been the compassionate thing to do.

What's going on in Gaza isn't so different from the events leading up to the Warsaw Ghetto uprising. Sure the Nazis were more ruthless, but the root cause of violence is superiority and entitlement based on race and religion.

Palestinian civilians are the new Jews. Israel's leaders are the new Nazis. We still haven't learned how to live in peace because we are more motivated by selfishness than by compassion.

Last edited:

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
N is correct, I disagree with both viewpoints. I also disgree with oppression and injustice.

In the case of refugees fleeing Europe duing the 1930's and 40's... I would have been in favor of letting into Canada as many we couldn't prove guilty of a crime. That means Jews, Gypsies, Slavs, the infirm... Because that would have been the compassionate thing to do.

What's going on in Gaza isn't so different from the events leading up to the Warsaw Ghetto uprising. Sure the Nazis were more ruthless, but the root cause of violence is superiority and entitlement based on race and religion.

Palestinian civilians are the new Jews. Israel's leaders are the new Nazis. We still haven't learned how to live in peace because we are more motivated by selfishness than by compassion.

If CNN had been around in 1940, Hitler & Co. may have been better stage managers and a bit more discrete.

Woof!

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario

Really eh. Everyone knows the Jews in the Ghetto were firing rockets at the Nazi's every day. :p

The Ghetto had a nice ocean view, with lots of olive trees and farm land, and greenhouses...thousands of greenhouses. And tunnels leading to Hungary where the Jews could smuggle in all kinds of weapons and stuff to keep up their resistance. :p:p

Yeah, not much different.

Reactions: Zzarchov

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario
Really eh. Everyone knows the Jews in the Ghetto were firing rockets at the Nazi's every day. :p

The Ghetto had a nice ocean view, with lots of olive trees and farm land, and greenhouses...thousands of greenhouses. And tunnels leading to Hungary where the Jews could smuggle in all kinds of weapons and stuff to keep up their resistance. :p:p

Oh yeah and the billions of dollars of donations from Germany and Italy to the Jewish Authority, so they could improve the infrastructure of the Ghetto. Lets not forget that. :p

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury

:lol: Jee-zuz.... Don't bogart that joint!

Woof!

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006

From wikipedia:

...In 1940, the Nazis began concentrating Poland's population of over 3 million Jews into a number of extremely overcrowded ghettos located in various Polish cities. The largest of these, the Warsaw Ghetto, concentrated approximately 400,000 people into a densely packed central area of Warsaw. Thousands of Jews died due to rampant disease and starvation...
Gaza is one of the poorest and most densely populated areas on earth. Israel routinely deports undesirable non-Jews to Gaza. The place is surrounded by walls, barbed wire, guard towers and mine fields. Israel controls almost everything entering and leaving Gaza. Israel has razed thousands of homes. People suffer chronic shortages of food, medicine, potable water and fuel. Israel has cut essential services like electricity and destroyed basic infrastructure like sewer systems. Disease and malnutrition are rampant.

...As the frustrated Germans diverted additional resources to end the standoff, ghetto residents spent the next three months preparing for what they understood would be their last stand. Hundreds of camouflaged bunkier shelters were dug beneath houses, connecting the buildings through the sewage system and linking up with the central water supply and electricity. The Warsaw Ghetto was divided into military districts, with organizations responsible for each district.
Ghetto fighters were armed with pistols and revolvers, a few rifles and one machine gun (some sources claim there were three). The insurgents had little ammunition, and relied heavily on improvised explosive devices and incendiary bottles. A few more weapons were supplied throughout the uprising, or captured from the Germans...
Gazans also fight with what they can improvise, steal and smuggle in. They have also built bunkers and tunnels. They are shelled and bombed by Israeli tanks, heavy artillary, naval ships and aircraft.

I agree its not the same, but there are enough similarities....