Canadians kicking Taliban A$$

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Looks like they were kickin some ass. That's great stuff. Thanks for sharing.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
wow, that video was amazing. I couldn't imagine being in a situation like that. Great post Thomaska!

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
I've always known you guys were righteous ass-kickers, history says so too...must be a refreshing slap in the face to some of the dhimmi surrenderists lurking about on CC.

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
I hear the Vandoos who are there at the moment are giving them a good fight too. To everyones dissmay they are agressivly seeking them out. Blowing away the preconcieved notion that the french canadians would be laid back and retreat at any opposition. Tho killing is not admired or to cheer about due to the context they can be proud of themselves. Bravo

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
It doesn't matter that they're Taliban or not....

We know that the poppy fields are a source of income and present a conjoint interest to the drug lords and the terrorists in Afghanistan, but what do our good American friends do about it?....

The United States dropped thousands of gallons (tons) of defoliant on South East Asia to deny Charlie ground cover....but a few thousand acres of poppy fields that are supporting tribal/drug-trade/terrorism represents too much high-order thought for America...?

The point is that so long as there's a sculpted piece of video that demonstrates that Canada and Canadian troops are playing by the American rule book....everyone (that means the Whitehouse and defense contracting machinery) is happy happy....

If you come to my ****ry with your ideas about "democracy" and I look at how that "democracy" works in your nation.... then you say you're going to wage war on me and kill the nasty evil people...whom you couldn't find or fight for years now.... and I'm expected to quiely lay down and set aside my reservations about being told by a bully with a gun what I should believe and what I should think and told about how I should run my life....guess what....I'll kill ya back....

When you send young men and women to kill other folk in their homes, it shouldn't suprise anyone that folk who had no use for and didn't entertain killing anyone eventually join the Taliban or the warlords or the drug cartels in fighting....

If Canada and the United States really don't want something more than an opportunity to reap enormous profits (defense industry and cozy-trade-deals-among "friends", they'd either do something right or get the hell out....

But hey the Sephen Harpers and the George Bushs of the world are more than prepared to write a check on your children's futures.....

Last edited:

triedit

inimitable
Would legalization of the poppy crop bring more to the economy and take down the taliban hold?

I admire the military members greatly, but on a personal level I think this video glorifies war. Perhaps if they had shown someone actually injured or something besides the "glory" of shoot outs I could get behind it.

Video is a year old...are we making a difference?

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
There is not a single piece of evidence that they are killing the talibans, this what make me laugh about credible people like you are.

Those who are fighting against chicken-canadian-troops, could be the afgan, who knows?certainly not you or your source.

You just barely rate contempt.

Calling you a douche bag would be conferring an honor that is orders of magnitude above what you deserve.

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
It doesn't matter that they're Taliban or not....

We know that the poppy fields are a source of income and present a conjoint interest to the drug lords and the terrorists in Afghanistan, but what do our good American friends do about it?....

The United States dropped thousands of gallons (tons) of defoliant on South East Asia to deny Charlie ground cover....but a few thousand acres of poppy fields that are supporting tribal/drug-trade/terrorism represents too much high-order thought for America...?

The point is that so long as there's a sculpted piece of video that demonstrates that Canada and Canadian troops are playing by the American rule book....everyone (that means the Whitehouse and defense contracting machinery) is happy happy....

If you come to my ****ry with your ideas about "democracy" and I look at how that "democracy" works in your nation.... then you say you're going to wage war on me and kill the nasty evil people...whom you couldn't find or fight for years now.... and I'm expected to quiely lay down and set aside my reservations about being told by a bully with a gun what I should believe and what I should think and told about how I should run my life....guess what....I'll kill ya back....

When you send young men and women to kill other folk in their homes, it shouldn't suprise anyone that folk who had no use for and didn't entertain killing anyone eventually join the Taliban or the warlords or the drug cartels in fighting....

If Canada and the United States really don't want something more than an opportunity to reap enormous profits (defense industry and cozy-trade-deals-among "friends", they'd either do something right or get the hell out....

But hey the Sephen Harpers and the George Bushs of the world are more than prepared to write a check on your children's futures.....

Well at least you direct your ire at the politicians and not the soldiers.

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
This isn't WW I, II or even the Cold War, we're not fighting a conventional force. For every local fighter we kill we create enemies out of every relative they have.

The US and ARVN killed close to 1,000,000 VC/NVA in Vietnam and still lost. The Soviets bombed the crap out of Afghanistan and drove millions of people out of the country and still lost. All we're doing is creating more resistance and more of our people are going to die in IED attacks and ambushes while idiots cheer like it's a hockey game.

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
This isn't WW I, II or even the Cold War, we're not fighting a conventional force. For every local fighter we kill we create enemies out of every relative they have.

The US and ARVN killed close to 1,000,000 VC/NVA in Vietnam and still lost. The Soviets bombed the crap out of Afghanistan and drove millions of people out of the country and still lost. All we're doing is creating more resistance and more of our people are going to die in IED attacks and ambushes while idiots cheer like it's a hockey game.

I must have missed the cheering for IED deaths.

Although a few whacko posters here on CC have indeed admitted they relished the smell of dead American soldiers. Or Canadian, I don't think it matters to them. They are either trolls, or are as deluded by "peaceful" Islam as the far right is by Bush

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Our idiots cheer when we kill "Taliban", their idiots cheer when they kill our soldiers, it's all part of the same sick cycle.

The Karzai government itself is coming to the realization that there needs to be a political settlement to the conflict, maybe it's time we caught up.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
The "Taliban" isn't or was it ever just one organization. Some of the same forces that were part of the taliban are now part of the Karzai government and I'm sure they'll switch back if the political situation changes. It's also got support from Pakistan and fundamentalist movement in Saudi Arabia. With Pakistan as a staging area and a constant supply of new recruits from both Afghanistan and Pakistan the opposition to Karzai and NATO isn't going to end due to military action. Like I said every local we kill or send off to be tortured or executed by the government is going to create new recruits.