thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
Reactions: Zzarchov

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
You have to feel sorry for her because she likely doesn't know anything about it. Somebody handed her the cartridges and pointed her to the camera. Without a closer examination, I couldn't tell if they were from an M-16 0r a Kalashnikov or what...

May 28, 2007
Honour our Fallen
You have to feel sorry for her because she likely doesn't know anything about it. Somebody handed her the cartridges and pointed her to the camera. Without a closer examination, I couldn't tell if they were from an M-16 0r a Kalashnikov or what...
I hate to tell you there old canadian standard 303 issue...she prolly got paid by the camera guy with canadian tire money.....

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan

Well, after shooting several thousands of them, I am pretty sure they are 5.56mm (or cal .223) cartridges. Which would make them "ours". Or just about any NATO countries ammo. At least the journal-jizzmers know which ammo will cast the worst light on the US...:roll:

They don't look big enough to be soviet 7.62 rounds...

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I hate to tell you there old canadian standard 303 issue...she prolly got paid by the camera guy with canadian tire money.....

This is a 303 round. You will notice that it doesn't have near as abrupt a bottle neck, or calibre reduction as the rounds the lady is holding. I would tend to agree with thomaska.

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
Who knows what other nefarious things our barbaric troops could sling at old Iraqi women besides unexpended ammo?????

I invite all, but especially Durka to photoshop the picture...should be fun!

These are actually the bullets that killed Kennedy.

So there. That question is answered.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I hate to tell you there old canadian standard 303 issue...she prolly got paid by the camera guy with canadian tire money....

sheeeesh..like i wqas serious.

My mistake. I replied as though you knew what you were talking about....my bad....:roll:

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Sorry, the page you requested was not found.

The story or page you were trying to access may have expired.
If you are having trouble locating a destination on Yahoo! News, try visiting the Yahoo! News home page or browse through the News site index. Also, you may find what you're looking for if you try searching below.

^^^^
Guess that's Yahoo's way of saying "D'oh!"

Wolf

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
And I thought the Canadian army was still using the 7.62x51 NATO round (commonly called the 308 Winchester) which seems to be what the old woman is holding.........

Impetus

Electoral Member
May 31, 2007
I think Das has it right. (don't mess with him!)

From left to right: the .308 Winchester, the .300 Savage, the .30-30 Winchester, and the 7.62 x 39 Soviet.

Muz

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
You're absolutely right, Canada is now using the 5.56mm round and they are not supposed to be in Iraq......the only reason I mentioned the 7.62mm round is because it is still used by a lot of Nato countries and it looked like what the old lady was using because of the relatively short neck, which most handloaders don't like in reloading.