Bush insults Al Jazeera on the Thames editor

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
This kinda stuff reminds me of why I used to like ole Presidente Jorge Arbusto...

NEW YORK At a recent press conference at Camp David, President George Bush insulted BBC political editor Nick Robinson, the Daily Mirror reports.

Robinson, who has asked Bush pointed questions in the past such as whetherthe president was “in denial” over the Iraq war, posed a question to Bush about whether he could trust visiting British Prime Minister Gordon Brown not to “cut and run” from Iraq.

Bush replied with a dismissal: “Are you still hanging around?”

Later on, Bush poked fun at the bare-pate of Robinson, joking, “You’d better cover up your bald head, it’s getting hot out.”

The respected British reporter shot back, “I didn’t know you cared.”

Bush responded with a cool, “I don’t.” The Mirror reports that Bush then “snorted disdainfully” and “walked away to laughter.”

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003619296

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
This kinda stuff reminds me of why I used to like ole Presidente Jorge Arbusto...

NEW YORK At a recent press conference at Camp David, President George Bush insulted BBC political editor Nick Robinson, the Daily Mirror reports.

Robinson, who has asked Bush pointed questions in the past such as whetherthe president was “in denial” over the Iraq war, posed a question to Bush about whether he could trust visiting British Prime Minister Gordon Brown not to “cut and run” from Iraq.

Bush replied with a dismissal: “Are you still hanging around?”

Later on, Bush poked fun at the bare-pate of Robinson, joking, “You’d better cover up your bald head, it’s getting hot out.”

The respected British reporter shot back, “I didn’t know you cared.”

Bush responded with a cool, “I don’t.” The Mirror reports that Bush then “snorted disdainfully” and “walked away to laughter.”

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003619296

So where do people get the idea that Americans are pompous?

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006
Golden Horseshoe, Ontario
Jazeera on the Thames??

OH I get it- it's supposed to be "wit", all muslims being terrorists and anyone who doesn't pump their fists and yell "YEE HAW" about the illegal invasion of Iraq should be marginalized or better yet, rounded up and shot

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA damn some folks are STUPID ;)