Summer of the Gun II

Quote: Originally Posted by ColpyView Post

Look, I hate to say this, but there is literally nothing that can be done about will continue, at some rate or the other. The murder rate in Canada is about 2 per 100,000. That is very low, bettered by very few nations on earth. (The USA has a rate of 6 per 100,000......Jamaica has a rate of 32 per 100,000)

The murder rate among the blacks in TO (read Jamaicans) is about 10 per 100,000........the rate among our northern native population is even worse.

I'm not sure social solutions are even possible.........perhaps mentoring in the schools, safe houses for the kids in rough sections of town, increased police presense.............and the expulsion of non-Canadians convicted of ANY offense, and long-time imprisonment for gang-related or violent crime.

But there will still be murder.

I disagree with that. I think there is plenty that could be done before it comes to murder. But once it's done it's done. We can't have it both ways though. We have to choose one over the other. When it comes to violence we can be reactive or proactive. Both cost money.
Gang related murders will continue in Toronto and there does seem little that can be done. Canada's imported the problem and if there are fingers to be pointed they can overwhelmingly successfully be pointed at our successive immigration ministries. It's a sad and unapologetically stupid tale. The Globe once more points out in a key editorial yesterday that fatherless families in Toronto's black community and the high dropout rate amongst its young guarantee ever more disciples for gangs and the culture they perpetuate.
August 5, 2007

Teen killed in Regent Pk.

19-year-old shot to death in stairwell becomes city's 50th homicide