"Women's town" to put men in their place

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
How's this for political correctness?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070426/od_nm/china_womentown_odd_dc;_ylt=AquZorxcuZs_YtRHbYXA5K7tiBIF

BEIJING (Reuters) - Chinese tourism authorities are seeking investment to build a novel concept attraction -- the world's first "women's town," where men get punished for disobedience, an official said Thursday.

The 2.3-square-km Longshuihu village in the Shuangqiao district of Chongqing municipality, also known as "women's town," was based on the local traditional concept of "women rule and men obey," a tourism official told Reuters.

"Traditional women dominate and men have to be obedient in the areas of Sichuan province and Chongqing, and now we are using it as an idea to attract tourists and boost tourism," the official, surname Li, said by telephone.

The tourism bureau planned to invest between 200 million yuan ($26 million) and 300 million yuan in infrastructure, roads and buildings, Li said.

"We welcome investors from overseas and nationwide to invest in our project," he added.
The motto of the new town would be "women never make mistakes, and men can never refuse women's requests," Chinese media have reported.

When tour groups enter the town, female tourists would play the dominant role when shopping or choosing a place to stay, and a disobedient man would be punished by "kneeling on an uneven board" or washing dishes in restaurant, media reports said.

The project, begun in the end of 2005, was expected to take three to five years to finish.

Last edited:

able

Electoral Member
Apr 26, 2007
Obviously, a budding feminist got into someone's stash, shared it, and found someone dumb enough to think this was a good idea. The next problem is, where do they find really dumb people with money to invest in it. Then comes the toughest part of this cockamammy project, where do they find the male tourists willing to pay money to be humiliated and degraded. I have to wonder if the people involved in this project have been watching North American tv, and believe that the white male here actually enjoys the daily degradation he gets on the wasteland known as normal tv.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Then comes the toughest part of this cockamammy project, where do they find the male tourists willing to pay money to be humiliated and degraded. I have to wonder if the people involved in this project have been watching North American tv, and believe that the white male here actually enjoys the daily degradation he gets on the wasteland known as normal tv.

Hmmm.... Affluent business men are into all sorts of submission play. I think they could probably find all sorts of men to frequent their little project.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
There are North Americans who live this kind of lifestyle. I wonder if they would find this appealing.

What is "kneeling on an uneven board"?

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
There are North Americans who live this kind of lifestyle. I wonder if they would find this appealing.

What is "kneeling on an uneven board"?

I'm assuming they mean a rough board. Bumpy, lumpy, uncomfortable. Sounds like fun. lol.

s_lone

Council Member
Feb 16, 2005
Montreal
Maybe Afghanistan should start its own little business with its 'unique city where women obey to men'...

wow... what a thrill

able

Electoral Member
Apr 26, 2007
I know that the rich and powerful white male enjoys being subjugated and humiliated on tv, problem is, in real life, that type of person doesn't exist in large enough numbers to fill a phone booth. Correct me if I'm wrong, but in China, the men outnumber the women, and they are not degraded as the white male is. How long before the Red Guard, Chinese army or some other liberal faction in the peoples republic decide to make this town the target for the artillery range. Of course, it would make an excellent tank driving facility, and then again, what if the bus is stopped before it gets to the town. That is when all males would be removed from the bus, the liberal minded men who stopped the bus would then proceed to beat them to death. China is NOT North America, they do not take kindly to losing face, and death is a common punishment for drugs or anything else that suits a momentary need. Count on it, if this town does get off the ground, and it doesn't bring in the mental cripples, then everyone associated with the project will disappear. And they won't be seen again. This has to be some kind of sick joke, because China is still a country where death is only a trigger pull away from happening.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I know that the rich and powerful white male enjoys being subjugated and humiliated on tv, problem is, in real life, that type of person doesn't exist in large enough numbers to fill a phone booth. Correct me if I'm wrong, but in China, the men outnumber the women, and they are not degraded as the white male is. How long before the Red Guard, Chinese army or some other liberal faction in the peoples republic decide to make this town the target for the artillery range. Of course, it would make an excellent tank driving facility, and then again, what if the bus is stopped before it gets to the town. That is when all males would be removed from the bus, the liberal minded men who stopped the bus would then proceed to beat them to death. China is NOT North America, they do not take kindly to losing face, and death is a common punishment for drugs or anything else that suits a momentary need. Count on it, if this town does get off the ground, and it doesn't bring in the mental cripples, then everyone associated with the project will disappear. And they won't be seen again. This has to be some kind of sick joke, because China is still a country where death is only a trigger pull away from happening.

In real life, the men who enjoy being subjugated are probably higher in numbers than you'd ever dream. Until you meet a working domme, you'd have no clue just how much money there is to be made. And men are men are men. Asian men are no different than white men, and their affluent society is just as known for the perversions engaged in. I highly doubt that, if this type of thing is serious, that the tourism authorities are going to start, or be allowed to start, a tourist town which would prompt the rest of the same government to kill everyone involved.

able

Electoral Member
Apr 26, 2007
Is Tiannaman Square so far in the past that it never happened? Make no mistakes, China is only one act away from violent reaction. Those kids in the square weren't putting on an act, they were terrified, and they knew that the lid could blow off, and that blood would flow in rivers. Executions are still common, and justice is swift. If you are convicted in the morning, you will be buried before dark.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Is Tiannaman Square so far in the past that it never happened? Make no mistakes, China is only one act away from violent reaction. Those kids in the square weren't putting on an act, they were terrified, and they knew that the lid could blow off, and that blood would flow in rivers. Executions are still common, and justice is swift. If you are convicted in the morning, you will be buried before dark.

I hadn't realized (admittedly I was still quite young at the time), that Tiannaman square had been a tourist trap that the government sprang on unsuspecting students. Or, are you perhaps comparing apples to oranges?

able

Electoral Member
Apr 26, 2007
I am comparing China to China, the lid is lifted slightly, and is suddenly slammed shut. Unfortunately, there will always be those who are smashed by the lid.

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
I think your forgetting able, this isn't some budding feminist dream, its the local culture there. Its a matriarchal culture.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
just another example of sexism by women being seen as funny and pleasing.

If men had set up a town where women weren't allowed, women the world over would be bitching about it

Libra Girl

Electoral Member
Feb 27, 2006
just another example of sexism by women being seen as funny and pleasing.

If men had set up a town where women weren't allowed, women the world over would be bitching about it

Master, far be it for me to er... admonish you, but there are many, many places set up around the world where women are not permitted to go... the middle east is one example of where women are not only conspicuous by their absence, but also, in many cases must walk so many paces behind their desp.. er husband. Here in England there are several 'men's clubs' of which women are excluded from... yes, White's does still exist. :p

:notworthy: