Ghost Ship...

north49guy
This is pretty strange, check it out.
news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070420/...lia_yacht_dc_2 (external - login to view)

L Gilbert
Aliens.
Pirates.
God.
Satan.

eh1eh
Maybe they should check for missing money or valuables in their port of origin.

L Gilbert
Goblins.
Leprachauns.
Witches.
Practical jokers.

tamarin
Sounds like a scene from one of those Left Behind books that some folks gobble up.

DurkaDurka
I am totally convinced of the existence of Goblin Ships, not even JC could tell me different.

eh1eh
Quote: Originally Posted by DurkaDurkaView Post

I am totally convinced of the existence of Goblin Ships, not even JC could tell me different.

Jullia Childs is dead.

DurkaDurka
Quote: Originally Posted by eh1ehView Post

Jullia Childs is dead.

Jewish Calendar you mean?

eh1eh
Quote: Originally Posted by DurkaDurkaView Post

Jewish Calendar you mean?

Nope, Johnny carson.

DurkaDurka
Quote: Originally Posted by eh1ehView Post

Nope, Johnny carson.

damn you eh!

Libra Girl
Apparently the 'Mary Celeste, or Marie Celeste,' mystery has now been explained according to a documentary I watched a while back... I'm not really technically astute, and can't remember all the details now, but it would seem that the Mary Celeste was carrying quite a large cargo of alcohol and fuel, and I think that a day or two prior to the last log entry had been through a storm. I believe the suggestion was that the crew feared an explosion when alcohol fumes began to build up, it would seem that the alcohol had somehow leaked or something... anyway, apparently they abandoned ship. Of course, we all now know that the 'explosion' didn't happen.

s243a
There must of been a lot of fuel if they found it and the engine was still running.

Libra Girl
Quote: Originally Posted by s243aView Post

There must of been a lot of fuel if they found it and the engine was still running.

I wish I had a better memory with regard to the documentary... but, in any event, I believe the Mary Celeste was in fact, found adrift. I don't think her engines were running.

s243a
Quote: Originally Posted by Libra GirlView Post

I wish I had a better memory with regard to the documentary... but, in any event, I believe the Mary Celeste was in fact, found adrift. I don't think her engines were running.

Now that's not as spooky.