Liberal MP Stronach leaving politics to return to Magna

CBC News

House Member
Sep 26, 2006
www.cbc.ca
Liberal MP Belinda Stronach is quitting politics to return to Magna International, accepting an executive position with the auto parts company her family controls.

More...

Reactions: GenGap

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
I call her Belinda the Bimbo.

What a b * t c h

Canada' Paris Hilton of politics, remember he extra-marital affair with Ty Domi?

Good riddens to the woman, she was never in it for the public service, but for the power.

And besides any of this, she was one of the worst public speakers in politics.

snfu73

disturber of the peace
I call her Belinda the Bimbo.

What a b * t c h

Canada' Paris Hilton of politics, remember he extra-marital affair with Ty Domi?

Good riddens to the woman, she was never in it for the public service, but for the power.

And besides any of this, she was one of the worst public speakers in politics.
Ahhh...the usual attacks against women politicians...make them out to be ****s, bitches, attack their relationships (because no MALE politician ever had an affair) etc. I liked her. I think if she had stuck with politics, she would develop well. She had a shaky, rough start. I think she tried to jump in too hard, too fast with shooting for leadership right away. I don't think she is gone for good. I think she added something to parliment.

Reactions: GenGap

RUEZ

Nominee Member
Feb 12, 2007
PG
This is the first thing she's done right. She quit before she was eligible for the golden pension.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
This is the first thing she's done right. She quit before she was eligible for the golden pension.

I was wondering about that Ruez, and trying to remember if she had served the required two terms. Glad she haden't. Course if she had, a person of her wealth would donate all her parliamentary pension to charity:roll:.....................NOT.

Hope the door didn't hit her on the ass on the way out.

Fuggly:munky2:

PS: She left to "accept" a position in the family's bla bla bla:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:.........too rich. (pun intended)

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
addendum to above blather

What is remarkable is that a person as wealthy as her, but wasen't interested in being in the spotlight, and who didn't have to even think about such mundane things as phone bills or car payments, could really WORK.....FOR...the people of Canada. Could really do some good.

No one could hold them up, bribe them, or threaten them financially. They would be ablsolutely free to try and help give the "good government" our parliament is supposed to attempt.

Instead, we get a party hopping twit who bails when the excitement dies off. Really, who cares why.

:angryfire:Madnugly:munky2:

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
I think she senses bigger things for her self with Magma... namely: Magma has been rumoured to be a possible buyer of Chrysler, hello CEO position.

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006
Golden Horseshoe, Ontario
I wasn't trying to "educate" ya, I just thought it was too funny to not point out- hell, I'll probably refer to it as "magma" from now on, since a few of my buddies in the auto industry seem to think that their jobs are getting turned into slag by it anyways

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Instead, we get a party hopping twit who bails when the excitement dies off.

You mean, bails when the party she helped create deserts its foundation and abandons its soul.

With such idiotic comments from the whiny stupid CPC people, no wonder she's going back to private business. She'll probably be running Chrysler soon.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
What is remarkable is that a person as wealthy as her, but wasen't interested in being in the spotlight, and who didn't have to even think about such mundane things as phone bills or car payments, could really WORK.....FOR...the people of Canada. Could really do some good.

No one could hold them up, bribe them, or threaten them financially. They would be ablsolutely free to try and help give the "good government" our parliament is supposed to attempt.......
Unfortunately, most richer types have no idea of any other type of life and act accordingly. Perhaps if they'd be forced to live in the streets, start a small business, or something first, they'd be more conscientious.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Here we have a woman who undoubtedly has more than a few management skills, and who tried politics for a while but is returning to the business that she ran successfully for a number of years. There seems to be a double standard here. People are calling her a bitch, a whoore, etc. presumably because she had relationships with several different men. Belinda Stronach is single. How many guys in her position would be celibate? Not me.

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
And Belinda left the Conservatives to join the Liberals only to look across the floor and see more Liberals. What she'd left became what she joined. Must have been confusing for her.

ottawabill

Electoral Member
May 27, 2005
Eastern Ontario
The funny thing about Belinda is she always seems to help the other party. When she quit the conservatives, she aloud Martin to stay in another 6 months. Giving Harper the time to "look better" before an election call, Now she has left the liberals making everyone quite aware that the liberals have no chance to get back in. As well, as the Liberals talk about more women in their government the most high profile women they had has quit!!

She's made no one happy,,and have soured politics for anyone who had any hope that people ran for reasons outside of their own personal investments...

Oh what coulda been Belinda....too bad...