Liberals furious at Harper's Taliban accusation

CBC News

House Member
Sep 26, 2006
www.cbc.ca
Prime Minister Stephen Harper accused the Liberals on Wednesday of caring more about Taliban prisoners than Canadian troops serving in Afghanistan.

More...

crit13

Electoral Member
Mar 28, 2005
Whitby, Ontario
It's hard to deny the truth when we have Liberal MP's actively defending Taliban murderers while asking for the resignation of Canadian generals.

Harper was just calling a spade a spade and as per usual the Liberals get their feathers ruffled every time anyone points out a truth about them.

The Liberals are looking more pathetic by the day.

I wonder who Dion will turf next week when they don't bow down on their knees and kiss his ring?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
This does not surprise me as the liberals here in the US act the same way. They could care less about our soldiers and only rant about Al Queda in Guantanamo. The only time they speak of soldiers is when something bad happens or one goes AWOL to protest the war.

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006
Golden Horseshoe, Ontario
Sure but I figured "antics" were the rule of the day- what Harper said is simply idiotic and meant to get the mouth-breathers all worked up in some kind of hate-festival rather than being intellectual about things

Saying that he is "speaking the truth" or "calling it like it is" is a REAL stretch tho

Sparrow

Council Member
Nov 12, 2006
Quebec
I don't care who it is, the US or Canada, if we mistreat prisoners we lower ourselves to the same level as the enemy. The only way we have a right to judge how other regimes treat their people is if we are above reproach.
Something that people forget, Harper included, is when you point your finger at someone there are 3 fingers pointing at yourself.

Reactions: Tonington

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
It's the last empty headed comment from cons who love war no matter what.....

"If you don't support the war then you don't support the troops and love the terrorists."

I mean really, are cons that stupid?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Odd phrase to lead in with in a post decrying intolerance eh??
It's antiquated and has not the meaning it once did my friend. I used to use it all the time until someone pointed out its origins. Something I wasn't aware of, as are many. btw, do you know what an apple is?
Sure but I figured "antics" were the rule of the day- what Harper said is simply idiotic and meant to get the mouth-breathers all worked up in some kind of hate-festival rather than being intellectual about things

Saying that he is "speaking the truth" or "calling it like it is" is a REAL stretch tho
Given the circumstances, I'ld say it was bang on.
It's the last empty headed comment from cons who love war no matter what.....

"If you don't support the war then you don't support the troops and love the terrorists."

Nope, they threw out the bait and all the lil fishies jumped to bite it. I think the better question would be, are the Liberals really that dumb, to fall for it every time?

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California

Most of the ones I know don't think that way fortunately.

I think the PM's comment was out of line, and yes, stupid. If people can't even see the other side's humanity, then things are going downhill fast.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
If you choose to think that way then nobody can stop you, but you still look foolish like the con you are.

Stop pretending Bear, I know what you are.:lol:

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
If you choose to think that way then nobody can stop you, but you still look foolish like the con you are.

Stop pretending Bear, I know what you are.:lol:
You don't know shyte. Your posts and history is more then ample proof of that.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
No, no, your history proves it little bear.

You're a coward and it shines through....troll some more bear....sign in and sign out like a little troll.:lol:

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
No, no, your history proves it little bear.

You're a coward and it shines through....troll some more bear....sign in and sign out like a little troll.:lol:
Ah nothing like proving how lil one knows, I'm signed and I haven't signed out.

But since you have resorted to childish name calling as a rebuttle, I'll take this as a win.

Thanx.

When you've grown up, PM me, I'm always around.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
You've even admitted you were a troll so nice try pal and your little pawn is red troll boy.

Move on coward.:lol:

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
You've even admitted you were a troll so nice try pal and your little pawn is red troll boy.

Move on coward.:lol:
Still childish banter, tsk tsk, are you going to call me a pedophile next, that seems to be your MO.

btw, I'm a fisherman, I love trollin' for lil libby's that can't back up their tripe. I tend to throw the small fry's like you back, but seeing as it's been slim pickin's as of late, you'll do.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
You can't back up anything, you make grand claims but no proof.

Try making a stand coward and I'll take you seriously.

Until then troll enjoy your online life.:lol:

I'm sure you'll sign in and sign out real quick for a response unless you slink away to try and prove I'm wrong.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
You can't back up anything, you make grand claims but no proof.
Give me a topic I've posted in that I haven't backed up my assertions in?

Try making a stand coward and I'll take you seriously.
Go look in any thread on the ME and say that again. Or put something up I can stand for and I'll oblidge.

Until then troll enjoy your online life.:lol:
?

I'm sure you'll sign in and sign out real quick for a response unless you slink away to try and prove I'm wrong.
Once again, and I'll type real slow, so you can follow along, I ' m s i g n e d i n .

And just incase that didn't workout for ya...

Use Invisible ModeInvisible mode allows you to browse the forums without appearing in the 'Currently Active Users' lists.Use Invisible Mode

Control Panel

Besides that, why would that be a bother to you? Is that all you have? Is that the biggest problem you face in life, me popping in and out? Me thinks you need a life!!!

Last edited: