Canada eyeing reservists to bolster force in Afghanistan

CBC News

House Member
Sep 26, 2006
www.cbc.ca
Canada's army is at least 3,000 soldiers short of meeting the nation's military commitments in Afghanistan and needs a serious boost in manpower, a commander in the Canadian Forces says.

More...

m_levesque

Electoral Member
Dec 18, 2006
Montreal, Quebec
Canada's army is at least 3,000 soldiers short of meeting the nation's military commitments in Afghanistan and needs a serious boost in manpower, a commander in the Canadian Forces says.

More...

If we got some sense and brought our people home, we wouldn't have a shortage. This is such an evil war and it is one of the few times I am actually ashamed of being a Canadian.

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
Im curious, what makes this one worse than Korea, WWII, WWI, the Boer war..

Or really ANY war we've been in? I mean, it would be one thing if you said all war is evil, but what makes this such an evil war over the other ones?

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
Now, does that mean you think all use of force is evil? or only when it is deemed "war"?

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
Why are they there again ?

Because we sat in NATO for all those years. When the piper comes a calling its time to pay up. If we don't think she should have to honour this agreement, we should have left before we were called upon.

We are likewise part of NORAD, If we don't want to risk being drawn into a conflict there we should leave now, not when we are called upon. You can't sit in a defensive alliance demanding they protect you should you be attacked, then leave when someone else is attacked and its your turn to help defend them (whether or not they need your help, this isn't a charity, they defend you and you defend them)

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
Because we sat in NATO for all those years. When the piper comes a calling its time to pay up. If we don't think she should have to honour this agreement, we should have left before we were called upon...

When did NATO get into the nation building business?

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
NATO is why we went in.

Common descency that you don't bomb a country to crap then run away and leave them in anarchy and misery is why we are still there.

I mean we could, but then they would come after us soon enough. And I wouldn't blame them. If you bombed my house, all the power stations and water pumps around..I'd probably go after you myself.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006
Golden Horseshoe, Ontario
Common descency that you don't bomb a country to crap then run away and leave them in anarchy and misery is why we are still there

OH okay, I thought it was so that women could go to school and to defend our country, I must have missed Afghan mission V4.1 when it came out :D

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
NATO is why we went in.

Common descency that you don't bomb a country to crap then run away and leave them in anarchy and misery is why we are still there.

I mean we could, but then they would come after us soon enough. And I wouldn't blame them. If you bombed my house, all the power stations and water pumps around..I'd probably go after you myself.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

that's nice. doesn't answer my question, not directly, but no one ever does.

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
newsflash for the cheerleaders...

Operation Enduring Freedom was NOT a NATO operation, ergo NATO didn't bomb the crap out of anything.

Sean D

Nominee Member
Nov 9, 2006
There is many reasons we are there, why is that someone one to narrow it down to one or two???

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Because we sat in NATO for all those years. When the piper comes a calling its time to pay up. If we don't think she should have to honour this agreement, we should have left before we were called upon.

We are likewise part of NORAD, If we don't want to risk being drawn into a conflict there we should leave now, not when we are called upon. You can't sit in a defensive alliance demanding they protect you should you be attacked, then leave when someone else is attacked and its your turn to help defend them (whether or not they need your help, this isn't a charity, they defend you and you defend them)

Could you please tell us who attacked who, and what the vital interests are that we're protecting and who the enemy is and who defended us from what or who, and what the phuck tune is that demented piper playing?:laughing7::laughing7::wave: