Incestuous German pair fight case

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
A German brother and sister who live as a couple and have four children are going to Germany's highest court to try to legalise their relationship.

The 29-year-old brother has already spent more than two years in prison for sleeping with his sister, and could be incarcerated again, his lawyer said.

The pair are currently drawing up an appeal to take before Germany's constitutional court.

They argue they are being denied the right to sexual freedom.

The pair did not grow up together. Patrick, the brother, had been adopted by a couple from Potsdam while his sister, Susan, grew up with their mother.

But when he reached adulthood he wanted to track down his biological parents. He found his mother, and he met Susan.

About six months later, the mother died, and Patrick moved in with Susan. In 2001, their son, Erik, was born. He was subsequently taken into foster care.

Three more children were born between 2003 and 2005. In November of that year, the pair were tried for incest.

Patrick was sentenced to two-and-a-half years in prison. His sister, then 21, was put into the care of youth services.

According to Spiegel online, while Patrick was in prison Susan had a fifth child with another man.

Their lawyer, Endrik Wilhelm, told the BBC News website that the pair are now living together again and plan to lodge their case within six weeks.

Story from BBC NEWS

marygaspe

Electoral Member
Jan 19, 2007
A German brother and sister who live as a couple and have four children are going to Germany's highest court to try to legalise their relationship.

The 29-year-old brother has already spent more than two years in prison for sleeping with his sister, and could be incarcerated again, his lawyer said.

The pair are currently drawing up an appeal to take before Germany's constitutional court.

They argue they are being denied the right to sexual freedom.

The pair did not grow up together. Patrick, the brother, had been adopted by a couple from Potsdam while his sister, Susan, grew up with their mother.

But when he reached adulthood he wanted to track down his biological parents. He found his mother, and he met Susan.

About six months later, the mother died, and Patrick moved in with Susan. In 2001, their son, Erik, was born. He was subsequently taken into foster care.

Three more children were born between 2003 and 2005. In November of that year, the pair were tried for incest.

Patrick was sentenced to two-and-a-half years in prison. His sister, then 21, was put into the care of youth services.

According to Spiegel online, while Patrick was in prison Susan had a fifth child with another man.

Their lawyer, Endrik Wilhelm, told the BBC News website that the pair are now living together again and plan to lodge their case within six weeks.

Story from BBC NEWS
And so we get another odd tale indicating the depths our sense of morality in the world is sinking. Everything must be taken to court. Not that long ago, these people would have hid their relationship, now they fight to have it recognized.Disgusting

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
And so we get another odd tale indicating the depths our sense of morality in the world is sinking. Everything must be taken to court. Not that long ago, these people would have hid their relationship, now they fight to have it recognized.Disgusting

Sure is. I have two sisters, and cannot even imagine being in a "relationship" with either of them...

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
Sure is. I have two sisters, and cannot even imagine being in a "relationship" with either of them...

Thats because when you grow up with someone your biology rewires your brain to not find them attractive.

This happens if they are your biological sibling or not, hell, they could just be the next door neighbour you always played with.

This is one of the reasons Israeli Kibbutz kept failing, all the children raised togethor (which is all of them) just couldn't become attracted to each other.

This case is furthermore very normal. The reason this biological drive kicks in is because people are naturally attracted to people who are their mirror image.

This case is pretty common the world over.

The difference between these two and siblings is the difference between a sperm donor and a father.

On a further note, This should be illegal to discriminate against them. They are consenting adults, what business is it of ours who they love and why?

I find it "icky", I find the thought of homosexul sex "icky" , I find the thought of old people having sex "icky" and I find the thought of my parents having sex "icky". I wouldn't send them to jail for their own private lives though.

Seriously, two consenting adults. Leave them be.

Hell even the whole "having kids" issue is a no go. We don't engage in Eugenics, we don't tell people they can't have kids if they are older and have an increased risk of down syndrome.

We don't have mandatory screening for down syndrome with forced abortions.

And as Icky as it sounds, as any breeder can tell you. Long term Inbreeding can be used to improve genetic stock (proving the early defects aren't allowed to keep breeding back in).

So really, how is this justified of a jail sentance, let alone longer than one for selling a 12 year old crack and ruining his whole life?

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
I have an idea - let them marry each other - the passion will cool... there is a 50% chance a divorce will follow in the future

Zzarchov

Interesting thoughts - I thought siblings were prevented from marriage because of the inborn genetic imperfections becoming magnified.....

Nothing in our world amazes me any more.... is that becoming jaded or what?

I guess if nobody is hurt (except all the offspring if society will allow them to lead normal lives)....and if the siblings are good at parenting...... I hardly think incarceration of any kind will lead to a solution.

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
Actually the genetic defects thing is a half truth, and against every other policy in first world governments. We let people with down syndrome or other crippling defects have children.

With Inbreeding think of a simplified version like this. If you had three kids, one would have all the genetic conditions magnified, one would be average, one would have none of them (this is super simplified with wacked out numbers).

This type of breeding is what causes alot of the odd genetic markers in isolated (healthy) populations that caused things like Green Eyes, Blonde or Red hair.

Plus I think Eugenics policies dictating you can't breed if you may produce "inferior" genetic stock is something countries should move away from, especially Germany.

No more Ubermenschen please.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Zzarchov

LOL - you mean those beautiful blonde haired blue eyed wee robots? I think there is an old Twilight
Zone black and white program floating around the not so wealthy independent television channels about something like that...only they were from outer space....they had "one mind" or something....