Colombia clowns killed on stage

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
Two circus clowns have been shot dead during a performance in the eastern Colombian city of Cucuta, police say. The attacker jumped into the arena and fired before fleeing, police chief Jose Humberto Henao told Efe news agency.
Local reports say the audience of about 20 people, mostly children, thought the shooting was part of the show before realising both men had been killed.
Last year, a prominent circus clown, known as Pepe, was also shot dead by a unknown assailant in Cucuta.
The motive for the latest killing remains unclear, police said. Local media reports suggest two attackers may have been involved.
One clown was shot in the head as he performed on stage, about an hour into the Circo del Sol's evening show.
The second, named as 18-year-old Franklin Leal, from Cucuta, was then shot as he stood by the ticket booth, according to the newspaper La Opinion.
The travelling circus had set up in a suburb of Cucuta, capital of Norte de Santander province near the Venezuelan border, about 10 days earlier, the paper says.

Story from BBC NEWS:

snfu73

disturber of the peace
It's revenge on clowns for being so creepy and slipping their way into childhood nightmares...I'm thinking?

It is very odd...unless these clowns were messed up into some deep gang related stuff or something. I guess clowing doesn't pay alot, so a clowns gotta do watta clowns gotta do.

Doryman

Electoral Member
Nov 30, 2005
St. John's
It's revenge on clowns for being so creepy and slipping their way into childhood nightmares...I'm thinking?

It is very odd...unless these clowns were messed up into some deep gang related stuff or something. I guess clowing doesn't pay alot, so a clowns gotta do watta clowns gotta do.

Wasn't another clown killed in that same Colombian town last year? It's like that town in Stephen Kings "IT", only the clown and the kids have switched places... innocent clowns wandering about town while sinister children peer at them from under sewer grates... eeeeyyaaeeeewwww