Harper shouted down by Liberals

CBC News

House Member
Sep 26, 2006
www.cbc.ca
Liberals objected to Stephen Harper raising a media report that said a Liberal MP's father-in-law was allegedly interviewed in connection with the Air India bombing case.

More...

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
lmao, what a sleazy thing to have done. Harpo really ahs sunk a bit on the cred scale with this one. But you can't argue the optics. Liberals soft on crime, terrorist bill, Liberal Ministers hanging out at anti semetic pro Palestinian peace(?) rallies, while the flags of the Hezbollah are drapest everywhere, Liberal Minister just slightly related to a figure in the Air India bombing. Priceless stuff this, the smell just won't shake off these guys...

btw snfu, the story in the Sun is quite true, the woman who wrote has been a steady source of info for many dailies, not all of them "rags".

Sparrow

Council Member
Nov 12, 2006
Quebec
I don't know if you are like me but I cannot watch the parliment TV channel, they look like a bunch of children in a schoolyard fight. They look like idiots!

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
HEY, I resemble that remark, lmao. Just kiddin', I'm with ya Sparrow.

Last edited:

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Liberals objected to Stephen Harper raising a media report that said a Liberal MP's father-in-law was allegedly interviewed in connection with the Air India bombing case.

More...

Ahh...the fine art of distraction. Keep people focused on what the other guy is doing so they don't notice what you're up to till it's too late to object.

Something like this really has no political relevance, but it makes for good copy. All Harper has to do is keep stringing issues like this out till the next election and no one will ask any serious questions of exactly what the Conservatives have planned for the country. Wag the Dog.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I don't know if you are like me but I cannot watch the parliment TV channel, they look like a bunch of children in a schoolyard fight. They look like idiots!

I second that motion, it's very embarrassing, even though we probably disagree with lots of american
policies, at least when you watch their congress etc, they talk to each other in a much more
down to earth and intelligent manner, even though there is much disagreement, they don't look as stupid as our parliament.

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Great source...the Vancouver SUN...tabloid trash.

I dunno...the antics in the house are not always high brow. But, I think that Harper is...an idiot. I applaude the sentiment behind the actions...if not the actions themselves.

Vancouver Sun is owned by Canwest Global.. how is that tabloid trash? Canwest has the #1 newscast in the nation... Global National /w Kevin Newman

It seems the press that is favorable of Harper is considered "tabloid trash", as you say... Sun Media (owner of TQS and SunTV, and Canoe Media) seems to be objectional to Harper, and unlike the rest of the media, gives them a fair representation in their newspapers, and the Libs, and Lib supporters call it tabloid trash.

If you can't answer the question, you disredit the questioner.. typical Liberal party tactic.

RomSpaceKnight

Council Member
Oct 30, 2006
London, Ont. Canada
All the Suns are tabloid rags one step up from the National Enquirerer. With most papers you have a choice a tabloid rag or a pretentious elitist snob rag. Even my beloved London Free Press took a bit of a downturn after being bought out by SunMedia.

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
SunMedia is good because it supports Harper.

And anyone who supports Harper is good, and people who support Dion are bad.

Period.

thorswolf

Feb 21, 2007

As they say in Parliament: "Hear, hear!"

Anybody else wondering about the root cause here? The party politics system that just doesn't work?
Never mind the fact that they DO argue like kids, the entire "Whatever I say is right, and whatever you say is wrong" concept on which the entire leadership of our country is based is fundamentally flawed. It means that we get one party in power who does what they think is best, while the Opposition rants "No, no, no, that's wrong!" Then the old Oppostion gets elected to govern and does what IT thinks is best, while the new Opposition screams "No, no, no, that's wrong!" and we muddle along that way from election to election.

I mean, c'mon. Everybody knows that there are times when you are wrong and they are right. The Opposition just opposes and fights the Gorvernment tooth and nail for every dollar allocation or new legislation. This is not leadership of a country. It's control of a power. A real leader would admit that "Yes, we screwed up, we're human". And it would be nice to hear the Opposition say "We commend the Government on this fine initiative", all in the best interest of the Canadian public. There's another thread in here on elections, and I for one would like to see some major changes happen sooner rather than later.

Perhaps I'm asking too much; it takes a big person to admit publicly that they are wrong, or that the adversary is right... and I haven't seen a big person on Parliament Hill in quite a while.

My 2% of a dollar.