Knock out some babies, or your marriage is kaput!

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
This should get some thongs in a knot...

An initiative filed by proponents of same-sex marriage would require heterosexual couples to have kids within three years or else have their marriage annulled. Initiative 957 was filed by the Washington Defense of Marriage Alliance. That group was formed last summer after the state Supreme Court upheld Washington’s ban on same-sex marriage.

http://www.nwcn.com/statenews/washington/stories/NW_020507WABinitiative957SW.546c6a4d.html

Nothing better to do in Washington state, I guess...:?

Dr. Menegele and the rest of the Reichsministry would be proud.

Actually, who cares? I hope the measure passes. I hope they let same sex couple get married. That way, in about 3 to 4 years they will become victims of their own law, since it's doubtful that "Adam" and "Steve" will be producing any offspring either.

But really I think same sex couple should be allowed to marry. Don't see why they get to avoid the "bliss" of marriage.. :)

Last edited:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
This thing is so preposterous it's not funny. I have known couples who have gotten married and tried for several years in vain to have children. After they finally adopted a child, they found she was expecting and went on to have a couple children of their own. I can only assume that whatever the problem was, it sorted itself out. I know several couple who had that experience and I think this, and the fact that some people simply don't want children make this initiative almost as silly as compulsory homosexuality.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
This thing is so preposterous it's not funny. I have known couples who have gotten married and tried for several years in vain to have children. After they finally adopted a child, they found she was expecting and went on to have a couple children of their own. I can only assume that whatever the problem was, it sorted itself out. I know several couple who had that experience and I think this, and the fact that some people simply don't want children make this initiative almost as silly as compulsory homosexuality.

plus why would we expect couples to have MORE babies, when worldwide, there is an overpopulation problem. couples who dont have kids should be allowed to do so

marygaspe

Electoral Member
Jan 19, 2007
plus why would we expect couples to have MORE babies, when worldwide, there is an overpopulation problem. couples who dont have kids should be allowed to do so

I don't think we have an overpopulation problem at all. Canada has lots of space. I think some parts of the world are over-populated, but not all.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
on average, the world as a whole, is overpopulated. canada is one of the very few places which isnt.

This doesn't mean canada should start popping out babies by the million.

i did mention that it's a worldwide problem in my first post

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
I don't think we have an overpopulation problem at all. Canada has lots of space. I think some parts of the world are over-populated, but not all.
On average, the world is overpopulated, if we spread out the rest of the world, gave em new homes in Canada, we would still be all overpopulated.

But the real reason for this is an about take. If you claim gays can't get married because they can't have kids and the purpose of marriage is to have kids...well then..lets see those babies.

marygaspe

Electoral Member
Jan 19, 2007
On average, the world is overpopulated, if we spread out the rest of the world, gave em new homes in Canada, we would still be all overpopulated.

But the real reason for this is an about take. If you claim gays can't get married because they can't have kids and the purpose of marriage is to have kids...well then..lets see those babies.

I think we have a greed, not an overpopulation, problem There is enough food to feed us all, but some of us won't share! Some countries have far too much. I mean, our biggest health problem in Canada is overweight people..think about it..we are too fat in a world where millions are starving.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!

actually that's a valid point being made there. marriage is not about kids directly. it's about love.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
I think we have a greed, not an overpopulation, problem There is enough food to feed us all, but some of us won't share! Some countries have far too much. I mean, our biggest health problem in Canada is overweight people..think about it..we are too fat in a world where millions are starving.

export our fat people as a food product?

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Without trying to hijack this thread, there is an overlying problem here. Every new baby represents another potential user of energy. Global warming will soon dictate that we have to cut down the population or it will be cut down for us.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
we were taught at school that populations tend to boom, level and crash. we were also shown that our population seems to be leveling and so we can expect a crash phase sooner or later

marygaspe

Electoral Member
Jan 19, 2007
Without trying to hijack this thread, there is an overlying problem here. Every new baby represents another potential user of energy. Global warming will soon dictate that we have to cut down the population or it will be cut down for us.

Do you really think so, or is this more pc propaganda?

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
global warming has been shown to be a definate phenomenon. it has also been shown that global warming will probably cause global problems like rising sea levels. it stands to reason that this is going to be an issue for the human race, and the population levels.

propaganda has been in effect here, but only to try and pretend global warming isnt happening

marygaspe

Electoral Member
Jan 19, 2007
i
global warming has been shown to be a definate phenomenon. it has also been shown that global warming will probably cause global problems like rising sea levels. it stands to reason that this is going to be an issue for the human race, and the population levels.

propaganda has been in effect here, but only to try and pretend global warming isnt happening
Maybe, I often think they have hijacked our media with tales of doom and gloom in this area., I do not doubt it being serious, but how serious I question!

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006

Borlaug increased food production in the developing world to the levels where they could easily feed their populations and never suffer mass starvation. The Immediate result was that rather than as a society reap the rewards, to scramble as individuals to pump out as many offspring as you could try and feed.

This made the problem worse and harder to solve than before.

Until a nation gets it population undercontrol and has a declining birthrate, it will continue to starve.