Doctor jailed for raping unconscious wife

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
  • An Adelaide doctor who repeatedly raped his wife while she was unconscious on sleeping pills has been jailed for 10 years.
The pathologist, who can't be named, stored photographs of his crimes on his computer, the South Australian District Court was told.
Some photographs were of him using foreign objects during anal and vaginal rapes, the court heard.
District Court Judge Marie Shaw today jailed the man for 10 years with a non-parole period of six years.
The doctor was found guilty of 13 counts of raping his wife in 2002 and 2003 and five counts of indecent assault around the same time.
The wife was "degraded in a most revolting way", Judge Shaw said.
"Your offending represents betrayal of the most absolute, complete and malevolent kind," she said.
The woman told the court she took various sleeping tablets, including the powerful drug Stilnox, while trying to combat chronic insomnia.
She testified she often woke up with bruises, which her husband blamed on "thrashing around" in her sleep.
The woman said that in late 2003, she noticed her husband had left the computer on, with the monitor switched off.
She turned the monitor on, and called police after finding a photograph of her asleep.
The doctor claimed his wife stage-managed the sexual encounters and told him to take photos of her while she pretended to sleep.
He told a jury it was his wife's fantasy to appear to be asleep while he performed sexual acts upon her, such as inserting objects including a wine bottle into her vagina and anus.
The doctor claimed the sex was consensual, and would be interrupted several times as he took the camera to a computer to download images.
"I have no confidence that you were telling the truth when you gave evidence," Judge Shaw said, describing his behaviour as predatory.
"You cold-bloodedly photographed what you did and methodically went about storing those photographs," Judge Shaw said.
AAP

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Poor Doc what was the need to rape his own wife

I am going to sincerely hope that your 'poor doc' comment is a matter of language barriers. He deserves no sympathy. and there is only ever one reason for rape....to try to make yourself feel more powerful by degreading someone else.

vinod1975

Council Member
Jan 19, 2007
Harare , Zimbabwe
Hey karrie

Forget about this "poor Doc" , and lets play ENGLISH LANGUAGE game to break the language barriers, and lets see who will stop due to language and when its an ENGLISH....

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Hey karrie

Forget about this "poor Doc" , and lets play ENGLISH LANGUAGE game to break the language barriers, and lets see who will stop due to language and when its an ENGLISH....

I don't quite know what you mean vinod.

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
Hey karrie

Vin, you KNOW I would NOT hurt your feelings. Sweetheart the way you put your sentences together make it difficult to understand you. I KNOW your heart is kind and you have a sharp mind but sometimes its difficult to understand.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
First correct your english then we will start

----------------------------

No means to disrespect

Oh, so you meant to express pity for the doctor then.

Good to know. I always like to know which people in the forum sympathize with rapists.

No means to disrespect.

marygaspe

Electoral Member
Jan 19, 2007
Poor Doc what was the need to rape his own wife

Good question. I am divided on an answer. I'm not sure I accept the feminist BS that a husband can rape his legally bound wife. I know this puts me out of step with most other women, but there you have it. I do think drugging her was a bit much, but rape? Well, he is her husband after all!

mapleleafgirl

Electoral Member
Dec 13, 2006
windsor,ontario
Good question. I am divided on an answer. I'm not sure I accept the feminist BS that a husband can rape his legally bound wife. I know this puts me out of step with most other women, but there you have it. I do think drugging her was a bit much, but rape? Well, he is her husband after all!

i wonder why he used dope though? i mean, she is his wife and isnt she like supposed to have sex with him anyway? there has to be more to the story.

darleneonfire

Electoral Member
Jan 12, 2007
Ontario

You're kidding! I don't care who the man is, husband or not, it's the same. Nobody has a god-given right to force me to have sex with him.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
As Karrie said, rape is a power thing. Probably his wife wouldn't go for that type of behaviour, so he knocks her out and performs his perverse power trip sex acts.

Also, just because they're married does not mean shes required to have sex with him. I'm sure he expected it, who knows maybe they were having sex and she just shut the door on some of his fantasies.

csanopal

Electoral Member
Dec 22, 2006
Toronto, ON
As Karrie said, rape is a power thing. Probably his wife wouldn't go for that type of behaviour, so he knocks her out and performs his perverse power trip sex acts.

Also, just because they're married does not mean shes supposed to have sex with him. I'm sure he expected it, who knows maybe they were having sex and she just shut the door on some of his fantasies.

BS, it is the feminist movement that is trying to upsurp marriage. It is impossible to rape your own wife. That is one of her duties as your wife.

Sparrow

Council Member
Nov 12, 2006
Quebec
Any man who has sex with a woman who is unable to conscent or refuse, whether she be his wife or not is rape. This is not making love or sex, it is a power trip. I would have a good punishment for him and it wouldn't be a baseball bat. However I cannot write it here because you can be sure I would get BANNED.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
BS, it is the feminist movement that is trying to upsurp marriage. It is impossible to rape your own wife. That is one of her duties as your wife.

Do you even know what the definition of a rape is?

Is there some handbook where wifely duties are listed?

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
i'm not showing sympathy for this guy but it seems the whole judgement was based on whether the judge believed the guy's story. Maybe there was more evidence. I hope so.

csanopal

Electoral Member
Dec 22, 2006
Toronto, ON
Any man who has sex with a woman who is unable to conscent or refuse, whether she be his wife or not is rape. This is not making love or sex, it is a power trip. I would have a good punishment for him and it wouldn't be a baseball bat. However I cannot write it here because you can be sure I would get BANNED.

If it is my wife, one of her duties is to have sex with me. She's my wife, what the hell else would a guy get married for if he couldn't have sex with his wife when he wants to?