Why is Canada so solar power inept ?

Quote: Originally Posted by #juanView Post

I agree with most of what you say Andy, but the topic was solar heating and how inept Canada is in that field. Solar power is not a great idea everywhere. Solar power is very expensive and quite likely, for the money, maybe a passive approach would be better. eg. better insulation, and wasting less energy.

And why do we need it again,? I must have missed that. The point is we don't need solar power, what we need is someone with enough guts to tell the hydro techies that the jig is up and we're onto their tricks of selling KW's south to the highest bidder.

Latest flyer ad for the best deals!

Better hurry!!!!There's not enough soil in Canada. But I'm selling my RockSmasher II for 40.$ so you can make your own soil. I've got a special on my Super RockSmasher for 60.$ Guaranteed to crush 20lbs a minute. Better get smash'n before all that soil blows away.

(Now that I got Canadians making their own soil at no cost to me, i can sell all our native soil to our American friends for more bucks.)

Last edited by AndyF; Jan 26th, 2007 at 10:06 AM..
Quote: Originally Posted by AndyFView Post

And why do we need it again,? I must have missed that. The point is we don't need solar power, what we need is someone with enough guts to tell the hydro techies that the jig is up and we're onto their tricks.

We don't need solar power??????? You better think that statement out a little further, you've missed something else.
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaverView Post

We don't need solar power??????? You better think that statement out a little further, you've missed something else.

Gosh, and when I'm creating my .5 KW on my panel, what is hydro doing with the 3400 KW in excess it just made in the time it took me to write this.?

Think man, think

Gosh, and when I'm creating my .5 KW on my panel, what is hydro doing with the 3400 KW in excess it just made in the time it took me to write this.?

Think man, think

I quess thier selling it to the states.What's your problem with that.?
You must be rich if you can dumpon .5KW, thats enough to light my house and the back yard.And if you bank it for a while you can run a coffee pot.

And why do we need it again,? I must have missed that. The point is we don't need solar power, what we need is someone with enough guts to tell the hydro techies that the jig is up and we're onto their tricks of selling KW's south to the highest bidder.

Latest flyer ad for the best deals!

Better hurry!!!!There's not enough soil in Canada. But I'm selling my RockSmasher II for 40.$ so you can make your own soil. I've got a special on my Super RockSmasher for 60.$ Guaranteed to crush 20lbs a minute. Better get smash'n before all that soil blows away.

(Now that I got Canadians making their own soil at no cost to me, i can sell all our native soil to our American friends for more bucks.)

Somewhere around here there is another topic or two about global warming. Alternate energy sources, such as solar, are sought in the forlorn hope that we can come up with an energy source that doesn't emit even more greenhouse gasses.

In the meantime we are bringing in at least a couple hundred thousand immigrants every year and they need energy to run their houses, cars, etc, just like we do. We should be cutting back the energy we sell below the line by whatever is needed by the increase in population.

These are just rambling thoughts. Maybe there is something of use here.....
Gorsh yeah Juan...

many of these folk burned dung....
What I belive we all are going off the track like this thread was started for somthing else and now we are discussing what .....
L Gilbert
Why is Canada so solar power inept ?

I say it's inept at this because it's inept at just about everything else. It's almost incapable of proceeding with any semblance of reason.
L. G., that is horse feathers. A Canadian invented photo voltaic cells...among other things..

Canadian Science
Posted: January 15, 2007
A group of scientists from Canada's National Research Council's Institute for Information Technology in Ottawa used an advanced high resolution colour 3D laser scanner to record the Mona Lisa at the invitation of the Louvre. An article in the January 2007 issue of Art News magazine describes how the Canadian imagery shows that the woman was wearing a previously invisible gauze veil only worn by pregnant women in the Renaissance period. You can check out the data yourself at the NRC Giaconda website (external - login to view).

U of Toronto Scientists Reverse Diabetes in Mice
Posted: December 15, 2006
An auto-immune researcher together with a pain researcher at Toronto's Hospital for Sick Children (U. of Toronot) as well as one in Calgary have found a link between diabetes and the nervous system. Hans-Michael Dosch (external - login to view) led a team that was able to inject pain receptor neuropeptides into diabetes-prone mice to reverse established diabetes with no bad side effects.

Canadian Geologists May Solve Bangladesh Arsenic Poisoning with Lentils
Posted: November 29, 2006
Up to 80 million people in Bangladesh and India suffer from arsenic poisoning as a result of the water supply. Two Canadian researchers at the University of Saskatchewan Canadian Light Source Synchrotron are using X-ray absorption spectroscopy to analyse blood and tissues collected from people in Bangladesh. Graham George (external - login to view) and Ingrid Pickering (external - login to view) think selenium in lentils could counteract the poisonous effects of arsenic.

New way to find ice-loving bacteria
Posted: October 13, 2006
A Canadian scientist at Queens University has developed a way to isolate bacteria that survive in extreme cold. Virginia Walker (external - login to view), a professor of biology and President of the Genetics Society of Canada uses microscopic "ice fingers" to isolate bacteria which have properties to interact with, and modify, ice. The bacteria have many potential applications from improving the consistency of ice-cream to the creation of better snow making machines. Read more at the Queens News Centre (external - login to view).

Canadian Software Proves What Neil Armstrong Said
Posted: September 30, 2006
Peter Shann Ford, a Sydney, Australia-based computer programmer used Canadian sound editing software called GoldWave (external - login to view) (from St. John's, Newfoundland) to analyse the first words of Apollo astronaut Neil Armstrong when he set foot on the moon. According to the research, he said, "That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." Not "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind. NOTE: The science of this news story has since come under heavy criticism. Hence the result may not be true.

Canadian Astronaut to Work on Space Station
Posted: September 10, 2006
Canadian astronaut Steve MacLean (external - login to view) is set to make a spacewalk after he successfully rocketed to orbit aboard space shuttle Atlantis Sept. 9. MacLean, on his second spaceflight, joins five other astronauts on the first construction mission to the International Space Station since the Columbia disaster of 2003. The Nepean, ON native will play a crucial role in increasing the station's power. Using the robotic Canadarm, he will manoeuvre a set of solar panels from the shuttle to the station. He will then perform a spacewalk on Sept. 13 to release locks on the panels, allowing them to track the sun. (Elizabeth Howell reporting)

Faintest Stars Detected by Canadian Led Team
Posted: August 18, 2006
Astronomer Harvey Richer (external - login to view) at the University of British Columbia used the Hubble telescope to study white dwarfs in star cluster NGC 6397, which is 8500 light years away. The light detected is the equivalent of a birthday candle on the moon. Astronomers have used white dwarfs in globular clusters as a measure of the universe's age. The universe must be at least as old as the oldest stars. White dwarfs cool down at a predictable rate. The older the dwarf, the cooler it is, making it a perfect "clock" that has been ticking for almost as long as the universe has existed. Richer and his team are using the same age-dating technique to calculate the cluster's age. NGC 6397 is estimated to be nearly 12 billion years old.

Canadian Scientists Discover Gene for Depression
Posted: July 28, 2006
Canadian scientists have identified a gene that makes some people susceptible to major depressive disorders. Speaking at the Forum of European Neuroscience earlier this month, Professor Nicholas Barden of Centre Hospitalier de l'Université Laval in Quebec (external - login to view) explained, “This is a major breakthrough in the realm of psychiatry and will have groundbreaking implications for diagnosis and the development of new anti-depressant treatment.”

Canadian Scientists Develop Drug to Stop Alzheimer's
Posted: June 14, 2006
University of Toronto researchers led by Joanne McLaurin at the Centre for Research in Neurodegenerative Diseases (external - login to view) have found a small sugar molecule called scyllo-cyclohexanehexol (AZD-103) associated with Alzheimer's disease. In mice with Alzheimer's disease the drug prevents the formation of amyloid plaques thereby preventing further cognitive damage and memory loss. It does not reverse existing damage. Human trials have been approved and will begin later this year.

Canadian Helps to Learn Cause of Pioneer Anomaly
Posted: June 11, 2006
Pioneer space crafts 10 and 11 were launched about 30 years ago. Now as they reach the very edge of our solar system they appear to be moving somewhat slower than expected. What is causing this Pioneer Anomaly (external - login to view)? Nobody knows, but a Canadian freelance scientist in Ottawa, Viktor Toth (external - login to view), has written software to analyse vast amounts of telemetry archived over the years, to make it available to the public. It is hoped that the availability of the data will help solve the mystery.

Sensational Scientists wins national book award
Posted: May 1, 2006
The book based on this website, SENSATIONAL SCIENTISTS (external - login to view) by Barry Shell, published by Raincoast Books, won the 2005 Canadian Science in Society Youth Book award.

New Book: Sensational Scientists
Posted: February 2, 2006
Tired of reading this website on your computer? The 24 major profiles on science.ca are collected in a new book. SENSATIONAL SCIENTISTS (external - login to view) by Barry Shell, published by Raincoast Books is available now in most bookstores across Canada. Soon to be released in the USA. Read the review at CM Magazine (external - login to view).

Common antidepressents may affect the immune system
Posted: January 27, 2006
A team of Canadian and US researchers co-lead by Dr. Peta O'Connell at the Robarts Research Institute (external - login to view) in London, Ontario have found that SSRI drugs like Prozac, Zoloft, and Paxil that treat depression may also affect the user’s immune system. It appears that serotonin is passed between key cells in the immune system, and that the chemical is specifically used to activate an immune response. Researchers do not know yet if the effect will be beneficial or a damaging to the human immune system.

Canadian Team Tops Space Elevator Contest
Posted: October 24, 2005
A team from the University of Saskatchewan managed to get their robot the highest up a tether "to space" as a first step in a NASA initiative to build a space elevator. The idea is to use a thin but unimaginably strong ribbon tethered to an orbiting satellite. People and cargo would travel up the ribbon to space. This is the first year of the contest, and though nobody won the $50,000 prize, the Canadian team's robot reached 12 meters, higher than any of the the other six competitors. More at New Scientist.

Canadians Win Lasker Prize for Stem Cell Discovery
Posted: September 18, 2005
Ernest McCulloch and James Till of the University of Toronto (external - login to view) won this biggest prize in medical science for ingenious experiments in 1961 that first identified a stem cell - the blood-forming stem cell - which set the stage for all current research on adult and embryonic stem cells.

Einstein Festival at University of Waterloo
Posted: August 22, 2005
EinsteinFest at the Perimeter Institute (external - login to view) explores our rapidly changing civilization at the turn of the century and sets Einstein’s prolific contributions in context with the science, philosophy, politics, art and music of the day.

Canadian Scientists Make Photovoltaic Breakthrough
Posted: January 10, 2005
Graduate student Steve McDonald working in Ted Sargent's University of Toronto Electrical Computer Engineering group (external - login to view) has developed a low-cost plastic-based optoelectronic material that can harvest light energy at about 5 times the efficiency of current photovoltaic cells. What's more the material can be sprayed on clothes or cellphones. The group's discovery was published in Nature Materials (external - login to view) this week.

California Sturgeon Found in Canadian Waters
Posted: December 7, 2004
A lost tribe of green sturgeon has been found as part of the global census of marine life led by Canadian marine biologist Ron O'Dor (external - login to view) at Dalhousie U. in Halifax. “Researchers were tagging the sturgeon in the rivers of California. We regarded them as purely river fish, but were unsure quite how far they travelled. Then we got a surprise. The tagged fish started showing up in the open ocean off Vancouver Island in Canada. That kind of thing just makes you think how little we know, even about familiar fish.”

Canadian Government Mounts Science Website
Posted: October 19, 2004
Get the latest Canadian science news at science.gc.ca (external - login to view) a government of Canada website devoted to Canadian science and technology news, careers, and achievements. Kind of like science.ca, but better funded.

Spinal Cord Damage May be Repairable with Canadian Technique
Posted: August 23, 2004
University of Toronto researchers headed by Molly Shoichet (external - login to view) have published a method to facilitate nerve cell repair that could ultimately lead to treating severed spinal cords. Full story at University of Toronto News (external - login to view)

Probiotics--Good Bacteria
Posted: July 26, 2004
Canadian scientist Gregor Reid at the University of Western Ontario, in London, Ontario studies the billions of good bacteria that live in and on our bodies. He has patents for food supplements called probiotics, mostly lactobacillus strains, that can combat intestinal and ******l infections. "We've shown that beneficial bugs stop the expression of seriously harmful toxins from bad bacteria such as E. coli 0157:H7, hamburger disease," says Reid. Find out more at the Canadian Research and Development Centre for Probiotics (external - login to view).

One Million Scientists in Canada
Posted: May 6, 2004
According to the latest census data (2001) 1,003,810 out of a total national workforce of 15,872,070 Canadians chose science-related careers. That's 6.3%. Based on earlier studies this level of science participation is similar to countries such as France, USA and Germany, but lags behind England, Sweden and Japan. You can view the details at Statistics Canada's Website (external - login to view). NOTE: Male/Female ratio is 79% male, 21% female scientists in Canada.

Canadian Scientist Has New Earthquake Theory
Posted: March 31, 2004
Earth Sciences professor Andrew Calvert (external - login to view) of Simon Fraser University in Burnaby, British Columbia has connected the occurrence of hundreds of earthquakes in the last 10 years to the grinding of overlapping rocks trapped between two of the tectonic (structural) plates that form the surface of the Earth. Read his article in Nature (external - login to view).

Canadian Discovers a Better Way to Fix Nitrogen
Posted: February 10, 2004
A Canadian chemist has invented a new way to turn nitrogen into ammonia, one of the most important reactions in the chemicals industry. The research, published in this week’s Nature, could lead to improvements in a 90-year-old chemical reaction that makes the fertilizer that helps feed about 40% of the world’s population. Read more at Michael Fryzuk's website at the University of British Columbia (external - login to view).

Canadian Nobel Prize Winner Dies
Posted: October 16, 2003
Bertram Neville Brockhouse (external - login to view) died Monday, Oct 13 at the age of 85. Brockhouse was the only Canadian-born Nobel laureate to spend his entire life in Canada. He shared the 1994 Nobel Prize in physics for designing the Triple-Axis Neutron Spectroscope.

Alexander Graham Bell Not Canadian and Not Telephone Inventor
Posted: July 21, 2003
While many people think that Alexander Graham Bell was Canadian, he was not. He was a Scottish-born American with a summer home in Canada. Now it comes to light that he may not have been the first to invent the telephone. That distinction now goes to the Italian-American immigrant Antonio Meucci (external - login to view).

Canadian Geometer Coxeter Dies
Posted: April 7, 2003
H. S. M. (Donald) Coxeter died March 31, 2003 at the age of 96. Known as the "Greatest Living Classical Geometer", Coxeter was a huge contributor to the area of mathematics known as "plane geometry"--something he took to the highest levels. Learn more about Coxeter (external - login to view).

Canadian Gets Antibiotics From Mosquitoes
Posted: March 18, 2003
Simon Fraser University biologist Carl Lowenberger wants to know why mosquitoes don't get sick from the infectious diseases they carry. He has isolated several immune system molecules (peptides) from mosquitoes that protect them from harmful pathogens. Perhaps these molecules can become the basis for improved antibiotic drugs for humans. More at Lowenberger's homepage (external - login to view).

Canadian Space Shuttle Experiments
Posted: January 17, 2003
Two Canadian experiments are flying aboard space shuttle mission STS-107: the OSTEO-2 bone loss experiment (external - login to view) conducted by Toronto scientists Leticia G. Rao, Tim Murray and others; and an experiment by teams in Quebec, Ontario and Saskatchewan on growing protein crystals that could help fight cancer and diabetes.

Canadian Research Revises Meteor Science
Posted: December 2, 2002
Earth's upper atmosphere is hit once a year by objects that release energy equivalent to a five kiloton bomb, a Canadian meteor physicist, Peter Brown (external - login to view), of the University of Western Ontario claimed in a recent Nature article. Brown bases his findings on data from US Department of Defense satellites scanning the Earth for evidence of nuclear explosions.

Canada Creates Large Virtual Supercomputer
Posted: November 2, 2002
A team of computer scientists at the University of Alberta have developed CISS (Canadian Internetworked Scientific Supercomputer (external - login to view)), the software and social infrastructure for a Canada-wide metacomputer. CISS open source software will go nationwide November 4, 2002 to attack a chemistry problem involving the energies of chirality or "right or left handedness" of molecules. This problem which would normally take 3 - 6 years of computing time should complete in one day on CISS. While software is a major component, Paul Lu, a CISS researcher says, "Much more time and arm-twisting has been spent to convince people to include their systems in CISS. We accept, and are trying to work with, human nature. Technologists ignore human factors at their own peril."

Canada's Space Telescope
Posted: August 2, 2002
UBC astronomer Jaymie Matthews (external - login to view) says Canada's first space telescope contains "the most accurate light meter in the world." The telescope should be able to "see" into distant stars and to detect the light from possible planets orbiting them. The telescope was extremely cheap to build, costing 300 times less than the Hubble telescope. It will be launched in April 2003 atop a Russian rocket. Matthews hopes the Canadian telescope will confirm or disprove the existence of other planets which so far can only be inferred from the wobble of some stars.

Canadian offers natural solution to spruce budworm problem
Posted: May 12, 2002
Carleton University researcher Dr. J. David Miller (external - login to view) believes that a family of needle-loving fungi holds the key to stopping the 10 to 15 year cycle of destruction wreaked by the spruce budworm, Choristoneura fumiferana, on Canadian and American forests. Miller discovered that older, natural (not-replanted) forests harbour a "good" anti-budworm toxin-producing fungus. He has found a way to safely innoculate seedlings with it.

Canada's Sharing Attitude Attracts Top Scientists
Posted: April 10, 2002
Leading neurologist David Colman will move himself and his research team of 15 researchers from New York to Montreal where he will become the director of the Montreal Neurological Institute (external - login to view) at McGill. Colman's stated major reason for the move: "In the States, the individual scientist is stressed, and that creates a system where everyone grabs, and no one is encouraged to share. In Canada, there is a lot more collaboration and sharing."

Canada Underinvests in Science
Posted: March 12, 2002
A study by Save British Science (external - login to view) claims that, of the G7 nation governments, only Canada and Italy invest less in research and development per capita than the UK. Canada invests only 0.21% of its Gross Domestic Product in research. The report also claims Canadian businesses spend US$358 per worker on research and development compared to Americans who spend US$1065 per worker.

Canadian Scientists Go Faster Than the Speed of Light
Posted: February 2, 2002
Physicists, Alain Haché and Louis Poirier, at the University of Moncton, using what they call a "coaxial photonic crystal" have managed to send electromagnetic pulses a significant distance at three times the speed of light. The remarkable project breaks no laws of physics. In essence, they use cavitation at the tail of the pulse to drive the front wave forward. The result could exert a profound influence on information networking systems. PhysicsWeb has the story (external - login to view).

Canadians begin catalogue of human proteome
Posted: January 11, 2002
Now that scientists have worked out the human genome, the next task is to figure out the human proteome, the total set of proteins the genome encodes. Researchers at the University of Toronto are using supercomputers to do it. In this week's Nature, working with colleagues in Heidelberg, Germany, Canadian geneticists led by Mike Tyers and Michael Moran use a supercomputer to unravel the highly complex interaction of the thousands of proteins coded in the genome of yeast. Their key finding: each protein is involved in numerous interactions and therefore new designer drugs targeted to specific proteins could have serious side effects. Visit Tyer's Lab website (external - login to view) to get an idea of the complexity involved.

Canadian Scientists Question National Security ID Schemes
Posted: December 11, 2001
Canadian computer scientists Andrew Clement (U of T) and Felix Stalder (Queens) claim on a website sponsored by Computer Professionals for Social Responsibility (external - login to view) that none of the recently proposed national identification schemes spawned by the events of Sept 11 clearly state which problem they try to solve and how exactly they would contribute to reducing the danger of terrorism. The scientists point out that such ID systems do endanger our civil liberties. Even more, by relying on the wrong approach to security, the new measures may actually create a false sense of security that leaves us more vulnerable than before.

Vancouver bio tech firm to supply US military
Posted: December 4, 2001
A Canadian biotechnology firm is working with the U.S. Army to develop a nasal spray vaccine that would protect against plague. ID Biomedical (external - login to view) will help ward off the threat of "Black Death" as a bioterrorist weapon. The Vancouver company's proteosome vaccine technology causes protective immune responses at the mucosal surfaces lining the respiratory tract, including the nose, throat and lungs.

Parasite genome stripped to bare essentials
Posted: November 23, 2001
"This is an exciting time for parasitology," says Patrick J. Keeling of the University of British Columbia, in a News and Views article in this week's Nature magazine refering to the discovery by French researchers that the parasitic microsporidion Encephalitozoon cuniculi has a genome less than 0.1% the size of the human genome and is even smaller than the genomes of many bacteria. Its genes have little ‘junk’ DNA between them. This has nearly erased the genomic record of the organism's evolutionary history, making it difficult to determine how it originated. According to Keeling, other emerging genome sequences will "usher in an age of comparative parasite genomics." If E. cuniculi is an indication, he concludes, "many ‘rules’ are about to be broken." Visit Keeling's lab. (external - login to view)

Male garter snakes mimic females to get warm
Posted: November 15, 2001
Australian scientists studying Canadian garter snakes (Thamnophis sirtalis parietalis) suggest in this week's Nature magazine that slow and sleepy male garter snakes might mimic females to fool other males into warming them up. These 'she-males' produce female pheromones at the end of hibernation, causing them to become engulfed in large 'mating balls' of amorous males — sometimes containing more than 100 snakes.

Canadian scientist explains source of ocean colour
Posted: November 4, 2001
"The single most important independent factor responsible for the colour of the open ocean is free-floating, microscopic phytoplankton," says Shubha Sathyendranath (external - login to view), an expert in underwater optics at Dalhousie University. Sathyendranath is the first person to use satellites to map diatom distribution in the North Atlantic.

Science Teachers Association of Ontario Conference
Posted: September 9, 2001
The creator of this website, Barry Shell, spoke at the STAO Conference : A Science Odyssey (external - login to view) Nov 1-3, 2001. The talk focused on the functions, features, and production of science.ca with free open-source Unix software and low cost computer hardware.

Canadians Solve Missing Neutrino Mystery
Posted: July 19, 2001
The 30-year-old "Missing Solar Neutrino Mystery" has been solved in Canada. The first, long-awaited, scientific results from the Sudbury Neutrino Observatory were released in early July 2001. These results offered the first direct and definitive proof that electron-neutrinos produced in the sun's core undergo transformations into muon- and tau-neutrinos en route to the earth. See the details at www.sno.phy.queensu.ca (external - login to view).

Global Change Conference
Posted: July 10, 2001
The Global Change Open Science Conference is being held in Amsterdam July (10-13) just prior to the continuation of the Kyoto Protocol (COP6) meeting in Bonn. This novel conference will present the latest global change research and spell out the major challenges that are facing humanity. For more information, see the International Geospere and Biosphere Programme (external - login to view).

Women at the Frontier of Excellence
Posted: April 7, 2001
The late great Nobel laureate Michael Smith donated much of his prize winnings to promote Canadian Women in Science. The Society for Canadian Women in Science and Technology used the money to produce Women at the Frontier of Excellence. 8AM - 6PM, April 7, 2001.
Energy Independence. Uranium can come from many different sources including Canada, the USA, Russia, and Australian mines , in which CANADA is on top of the list
L Gilbert
Quote: Originally Posted by #juanView Post

L. G., that is horse feathers...........

My comment sure did it's purpose in bringing the topic back.
Sorry, couldn't resist. lol
Um, thanks for the info, though.
I do read science journals, SciAm, Science Magazine, and The New Scientist, BTW.
WE have invented ,created and been the pioneers of some of the greatest & needed ,but then we either have to sell out and let the Americans ,claim it ,

why are we only North Americans now

I am a Canadaian first ,and Im going for solar ,small, just my water heater this year ,but I will be off that grid ,actually I ll be selling my power back (WELL THATS THE GOAL ) LOL--

oh my godness I have a goal !--- a goal; that doesnt destroy ,fight ,take anything from anybody
and the by product might make me smell good in the end a hot shower!!lol
Njoy your hot shower.....
Quote: Originally Posted by temperanceView Post

WE have invented ,created and been the pioneers of some of the greatest & needed ,but then we either have to sell out and let the Americans ,claim it ,

why are we only North Americans now

Canadian inventors are in the same position as probably most American inventors in that developement money comes from large business interests who tend to suck up and overpower any new widget that comes along. Since most of the big money on this planet is American, selling out to American corporations is the natural course of events. A lot of inventions would be stillborn without that developement money.
Last edited by #juan; Jan 27th, 2007 at 12:21 PM..
I think not
#juan makes a good point, inventions thrive where money flows.

No money, no R&D.
Yes its true " No Money No R & D " but I am not 100% agreed to this as I belive in charity begains at your own home, CANADA is famouse for collecting too much of TAX so need to ask where all those TAX'es goes and if somthing is very important which require money I belive goverment can ask from the nation to donate as much as possible coz once we achive what ever we are trying achive from R & D I belive that will give nation What is so called DEVELOPMENT