Terror: 'We're Going to Get Hit'

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
Newsweek
Jan. 22, 2007 issue - Intel director John Negroponte gave Congress a sobering assessment last week of the continued threats from groups like Al Qaeda and Hizbullah. But even gloomier comments came from Henry Crumpton, the outgoing State Department terror coordinator. An ex-CIA operative, Crumpton told NEWSWEEK that a worldwide surge in Islamic radicalism has worsened recently, increasing the number of potential terrorists and setting back U.S. efforts in the terror war. "Certainly, we haven't made any progress," said Crumpton. "In fact, we've lost ground." He cites Iraq as a factor; the war has fueled resentment against the United States.
Crumpton noted some successes, such as improved joint efforts with foreign governments and a weakening of Al Qaeda's leadership structure. But he warned of future attacks. "We don't want to acknowledge we're going to get hit again in the homeland, but we are," he said. "That's a hard, ugly fact. But it's going to happen." Crumpton cited no specific intel, but said the most worrisome scenarios involve lone operatives who slip into the country and take directions through cyberspace. "How do you penetrate that?" he asked. Citing family financial pressures, Crumpton leaves office in two weeks. A State official, anonymous when discussing personnel matters, said no one has been nominated to replace him, so it could be a while before the post—a top counterterror job—is filled.
—Michael Isikoff

AndyF

Electoral Member
Jan 5, 2007
Ont

When one goes about usurping and muddying someone else's living room, that is pretty much what you can count on. It's the nation's children that will suffer for it, and they won't have a clue why.

AndyF

darleneonfire

Electoral Member
Jan 12, 2007
Ontario
When one goes about usurping and muddying someone else's living room, that is pretty much what you can count on. It's the nation's children that will suffer for it, and they won't have a clue why.

AndyF

True enough. I was deeply saddened, for example, over the 9/11 events, like everyone else, but I am honest enough to admit that the Americans brought it on themselves. How many lives have their soldiers disrupted in countless other countries around the world. Why-ever would they be surprised when someone has the gumption to return the "favour"?

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
True enough. I was deeply saddened, for example, over the 9/11 events, like everyone else, but I am honest enough to admit that the Americans brought it on themselves.

The Canadians that were killed in 9/11, I imagine they brought it on them selves as well?

AndyF

Electoral Member
Jan 5, 2007
Ont
darleneonfire:

Yes. It never dons on them that they created their own image. I read an article by a prominent US citizen, forget the date/time, but he was concerned that the people weren't taking more of an active part in watching their electives, and he remarked that the recent presidents have no diplomatic skills.

Eisenhower and Dulles conspired the United Fruit overthrow for their own gains. Then we have the audacious U2 spy plane flyovers where they were caught spying.

Then we have the provocation by the US military of the eastern USSR where they taunted them and that caused a disaster. In this one they used commercial airliner flyway, and when a US military plane flew in proximity of the Korean airlines KAL007, the USSR radar picked it up as one plane, then it showed the two planes deverging. So the controller scrambled a jet fighter to shoot it down and they did, meddling again. If the US hadn't been playing their games, many would be living today.

A similar disaster, really murder, occured in the Iranian airline downing. The US had an enquiry and they found none of their people blameable for their actions, in fact some were promoted. An independant did a research and found the frigate that fired the missle had disobeyed orders by his commander not to get in closer into Iranian waters, and that is where he fired the missle. Nothing mentioned in the finding

I think the people are overly trusting of their own government to the point where the civil servants get to police themselves. They are being deceived if they think they can expect retribution immediately. The people retaliate through generations using the "Hatfield and McCoy" principle.

AndyF

mapleleafgirl

Electoral Member
Dec 13, 2006
windsor,ontario
The Canadians that were killed in 9/11, I imagine they brought it on them selves as well?

wrong place at the wrong time i guess. america is such a big terrorist nation. did they feel bad for the people they napalmed in vietnam?why cant they keep their soldiers home where they belong anyway?

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
darleneonfire
True enough. I was deeply saddened, for example, over the 9/11 events, like everyone else, but I am honest enough to admit that the Americans brought it on themselves. How many lives have their soldiers disrupted in countless other countries around the world. Why-ever would they be surprised when someone has the gumption to return the "favour"?
darleneonfire:

Yes. It never dons on them that they created their own image. I read an article by a prominent US citizen, forget the date/time, but he was concerned that the people weren't taking more of an active part in watching their electives, and he remarked that the recent presidents have no diplomatic skills.

Eisenhower and Dulles conspired the United Fruit overthrow for their own gains. Then we have the audacious U2 spy plane flyovers where they were caught spying.

Then we have the provocation by the US military of the eastern USSR where they taunted them and that caused a disaster. In this one they used commercial airliner flyway, and when a US military plane flew in proximity of the Korean airlines KAL007, the USSR radar picked it up as one plane, then it showed the two planes deverging. So the controller scrambled a jet fighter to shoot it down and they did, meddling again. If the US hadn't been playing their games, many would be living today.

A similar disaster, really murder, occured in the Iranian airline downing. The US had an enquiry and they found none of their people blameable for their actions, in fact some were promoted. An independant did a research and found the frigate that fired the missle had disobeyed orders by his commander not to get in closer into Iranian waters, and that is where he fired the missle. Nothing mentioned in the finding

I think the people are overly trusting of their own government to the point where the civil servants get to police themselves. They are being deceived if they think they can expect retribution immediately. The people retaliate through generations using the "Hatfield and McCoy" principle.

AndyF

This is idiocy on a grand scale.

Try to keep your inferiority complex under control...........

My God, do you actually think the 9-11 tragedy happened because the Americans spied on the Russians, or even because the Americans accidentally shot down an airliner filled with NOT Arabs, but Persians?

How about the American attempt to stabilize Somalia back in the early 90s? You know, when they went in with the UN to try and end the rule of warlords that were causing mass starvation? Muslims all.

How about the American defense of Muslims in Kosovo?

What about American aid to Muslim rebels in Afghanistan in their war with the Russians?

How about the American defense of the Muslims of Saudi Arabia and Kuwait from the secular state of Iraq in 1990?

Indeed, the presence of American troops in their Holy Land around Mecca and Medina is the reason for Osama's Jihad against the USA. Their aid to the democratic nation of Israel is only secondary. That is, of course, insanity.

But, of course, you wouldn't want to actually admit your friends were attacked without reason! NOOOOOO, that would mean you might have some responsibility to come to their aid! We couldn't have that, could we now?

Disgusting.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
wrong place at the wrong time i guess. america is such a big terrorist nation. did they feel bad for the people they napalmed in vietnam?why cant they keep their soldiers home where they belong anyway?

That's right.

The Americans should keep their soldiers home.

That way, we could all be wearing swastikas and shooting "Heil Hitler" at each other.

Or we could be undergoing benovelent re-education in a Canadian Gulag under the supervision of the dictatorship of the proletariat.

Geezus! These people are our allies, and our friends. Yes, they have become involved in things and places they should have stayed away from, such as Vietnam, and yes on occassion their actions have been reprehensible.......as in Latin America.

But had they "stayed home" over the last 75 years, we'd be in one hell of a mess.

These are our ALLIES!

mapleleafgirl

Electoral Member
Dec 13, 2006
windsor,ontario
RIGHT!

You cheer the deaths of 2,500 innocent people.

And I'm whacked?

uh-huh.

well the americans have killed lots of innocent people all over the world, like right now in iraq.do you feel bad for them too?point is, they got no business going out of their own country. those guys just gave them back what they deserved.lets america see how it feels, know what i mean?

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
well the americans have killed lots of innocent people all over the world, like right now in iraq.do you feel bad for them too?point is, they got no business going out of their own country. those guys just gave them back what they deserved.lets america see how it feels, know what i mean?

You missed my post above.

You are free at least in part because the Americans were willing to go outside their country.

The war in Iraq has turned into a disaster, mostly because American idealism prevented them from understanding that the Iraqis would not jump at the chance for a free and open society.

The vast majority of the killing there is Iraqi killed by Iraqi.

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Durka Durka

Of course they brought it on themselves!

Life is about choosing Durka, you can choose to be a part of the machinery of buy and sell, make-a-buck, anything for a dollar, “progress at any price”, everything’s for sale, consumption is freedom etc. etc. or you can choose to not be a part of the artifice of greed.

Was there some “moral” component involved…did they “deserve” to die a terrible senseless tragic death for simply working in the World Trade Center?

NO!

If asked why those people were at the office that morning, perhaps a typical answer would be; “I work here.” Unlikely you’d hear anyone say; “I’m here to perpetuate a system of economics that punishes the poor the elderly the ill and the disabled, the uneducated, third world nations and glamorizes consumption by elevating greed to the highest virtue.”

No, just a simple “I work here” as response is far more likely.

No correlation made between what their labors produced, what their labors meant to millions of people… whose existence never crossed their minds.

Aside from representing the financial capital of western greed hubris and disdain for the greater majority of fellow human beings scrabbling about in the dust, the World Trade Center was and of course it is being re-built as we speak…a monument to the postmodern non-absolute vagaries of a civilization embracing its own self-destruction in the name of ersatz “progress”.

Am I suggesting that the world would be a “better place” without commerce and trade?

NO!

I am suggesting that people directed, conditioned, brainwashed and “convinced” into believing that their actions are but miniscule movements in the machinery of commerce had no understanding or appreciation for the resonating effect of those miniscule actions on the lives of people all over this planet. Responsibility to each other doesn’t appear on the ledger of any corporations or banks books. It has no “value” can’t be commodified and is more than likely COMMUNIST in its origins as a concept…..

Nor by and large would any of them have really given a damn.

It’s the “economics of scale”…. American business ethos champions “buy low and sell high”, not unique by any standard to America and western societies, but unique in the sense that America “culture” teaches its people that a person’s “value” their “worth” to the world (and themselves) is product of how much money they have, what kind of car they drive, where they live in a house that’s far larger than they need….

A fervent belief that consumption is the hallmark of successful human evolution and that anything standing in the way of satisfying the groomed appetites of a consumer society is inherently and obviously EVIL.

If that requires that we sponsor oppressive regimes (including the self-destructive one that emerged in North America after the industrial revolution) or the ones that behead non-conformists, relegate women to chattels/property, “necessitates” building the largest and most formidable military engine ever seen by the human race to enforce it’s unconscionable behaviour…then so be it.

To the western mind the notion of Peace on Earth is…MY PIECE ON EARTH.

Is there something inherently wrong or evil in simply going to work in the morning? No of course not, you don’t work…you don’t eat!

These people chose to be there that morning. If they’d been working in Halifax or Paris or Tokyo or anywhere else in the world on that morning, they wouldn’t have suffered an untimely death at the hands of a criminal conspiracy with aspirations of divine calling…. They’d still be alive.

It’s far more comfortable and more easily integrated into what passes in our modern societies for “principles”, to believe that our actions don’t carry with them any responsibility to anyone else. We see it all the time. Union Carbide demonstrated their embrace of humanity in Bhopal….but hey it didn’t happen in America so it was really NO BIG DEAL….Exxon demonstrates the modern truism of internal combustion engine-centric economies with the Exxon Valdez, a slight splash on the pages of the worlds newspapers, but the number of tanker “accidents” is far larger and gone on far longer than anyone wishes to admit…

But these, these are dismissed easily…they were accidents…that the rationale behind building the plant in Bhopal was that Union Carbide could free itself of tethers and restrictions these “nut-bar” environmentalists bludgeoned governments into imposing isn’t as readily discussed. Exxon is simply satisfying the appetites of a society cultured into a love affair with the automobile and the drive-thru….

There’s PROFIT in building obsolescence into everything from vehicles to television sets to running shoes… There’s PROFIT in encouraging competition for social acceptance based on “ownership”. There’s PROFIT in erecting as sub-class of ethnic minorities to clean pools, collect the garbage, do all those dirty nasty chores that good decent white folk shouldn’t really have to do…..

Alternate energy sources have only ever been “tinkered-with”, kind of a curiosity to the energy combines. Why would any enterprising industrialist be interested in anything other than profit???? So long as the price of a barrel of oil (regardless of the political and human-dynamics involved in that choice) was low enough to offer the opportunity to reap astronomical profits….who cares????

Yes these people brought it on themselves…as do we all.

Western governments make choices about the longevity and quality of life of millions around the world on a daily basis. Choosing to forego concerns over whether an industry or a resource is a sustainable commodity that can offer long-term advantage to the locals….WHO CARES ABOUT THE LOCALS??

As long as there’s a profit to be made…by that one or two percent who control the wealth of nations…insurrections, pollution, “regime-change”, revolutions, climactic and planetary disasters aren’t line-items on the books…why should anyone be concerned…..?

Does our rejection of our own humanity give license to these hooligans to murder our friends and our families?

OF COURSE NOT!

JUST AS OUR GREED DOESN”T GRANT LICENSE TO PERPETUATE A DEPLORABLE IMBALANCE. An imbalance that is addressable, that is not an insurmountable element of the human condition, but a choice we’ve made.

Those people had it coming…AND SO DO WE ALL!

MagnoliaApples

Electoral Member
Apr 26, 2006
So let me ask something, If the americans are so great then why are they in Iraq? They have no reason being there! There is not one connection that links 9/11 to Iraq. That was the most stupid counter attack decision in history.

If they were as honorable a group as you're saying then don't you think that they should be sending 21,500 of their honorable men to Darfur instead of Iraq?

I mean, let's face it.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
So let me ask something, If the americans are so great then why are they in Iraq? They have no reason being there! There is not one connection that links 9/11 to Iraq. That was the most stupid counter attack decision in history.

If they were as honorable a group as you're saying then don't you think that they should be sending 21,500 of their honorable men to Darfur instead of Iraq?

I mean, let's face it.

Why should the US act on Dafur when even the noble UN turns a blind eye to the slaughter?

MagnoliaApples

Electoral Member
Apr 26, 2006
What do they care about the U.N? They've act without them anyways, even if it is illegal. I was saying that if the U.S really do have noble intentions and want to help fight terrorism, Darfur is the exact place where they should start.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
What do they care about the U.N? They've act without them anyways, even if it is illegal. I was saying that if the U.S really do have noble intentions and want to help fight terrorism, Darfur is the exact place where they should start.

I won't try to pretend there is/was anything noble about the US invading Iraq. The Iraq invasion was a huge blunder.

I read your previous post to mean "they shouldn't be invading, they should be peacekeeping in Dafur", sorry.