French Cuisine

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
http://edition.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/01/05/france.cannibal.reut/index.html

Prisoner: I ate parts of cellmate

PARIS, France (Reuters) -- A French prisoner who killed his cellmate "very probably" ate some of the victim's body parts, a prosecutor in the northern town of Rouen said on Friday.
The victim's body was discovered in a prison cell on Wednesday, with a large wound to the chest. The alleged killer, who shared the cell, told investigators he had removed and eaten his victim's heart.
Investigators initially discounted the possibility of cannibalism after the victim's heart was "found intact in its usual place and in its membrane which was also intact," Rouen state prosecutor Joseph Schmit said in a statement.
However an autopsy revealed that pieces of muscle from the victim's rib area and part of his lung were missing.
"The absence of these anatomic elements, which have not been found on the scene of the crime, render the confessions of cannibalism by the presumed perpetrator of the crime very probable," Schmit said.
The case comes less than a year after a court in Germany sentenced Armin Meiwes, the cannibal who killed and ate a willing victim, to life in prison.
The alleged Rouen killer and another cellmate who admitted he had not been asleep at the time of the crime, were in temporary custody and would be placed under formal investigation for premeditated murder, Schmit said.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
It doesn't surprise me. The French are used to eating awful food. From eating snails and frogs' legs, all dipped in garlic, it's not so long before they start eating people.

If they just stick to tasty fish and chips, steak and kidney pie or shepherd's pie then they woiuld never get the urge to eat people.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
It doesn't surprise me. The French are used to eating awful food. From eating snails and frogs' legs, all dipped in garlic, it's not so long before they start eating people.

If they just stick to tasty fish and chips, steak and kidney pie or shepherd's pie then they woiuld never get the urge to eat people.

Blech, yuck patooey!!

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto

Fish and chips and shepherds pie I can handle, Kidney pie I find to be revolting .

Numure

Council Member
Apr 30, 2004
Montréal, Québec

Not that snails or frog legs are healthier...

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Steak and kidney pie would be great if the kept the kidneys out of it. :puke:

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
I've never tried it, I'd probably give it a go though(kidney pies that is).

RomSpaceKnight

Council Member
Oct 30, 2006
London, Ont. Canada
I haven't had a good steak and kidney pie in years. My mum made awesome S&K pies.

He probably did not eat the heart as he did not have a butter or cream sauce to go with it. What's french cuisine if not smothered in buttery creamy sauces. As bad for your heart as fish and chips.

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
LOL Rom, what is in Steak and Kidney pie anyway? Yep the French love to smother their food with rich sauces and frankly the stuff taste awful. I'd rather have "Fish and Chips" anyday than my neighbour for supper. Or should I say cell mate?