Man Strangles Grandmother With Cord For Holiday Lights

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
A 20-year-old Daytona Beach, Fla., man is accused of killing his grandmother by strangling her with an extension cord being used for holiday lights and then slitting her throat apparently over money for drugs, according to a Local 6 News report.
Investigators said Linda Hummer was found in a pool of blood by her daughter at the woman's home located at 916 Tracy St. Saturday afternoon. Hummer's grandson, Christopher Culp, was charged in her death.
Police said Culp went by her home Friday night offering to decorate her home for the holidays.

"Last night, he came to (Hummer's) house asking for $40, which he used, according to police, for crack cocaine," Local 6's Samantha Knapp said. "He came back again looking for more money but this time, police say, he did not intend to ask."
Culp allegedly confessed to police that he strangled his grandmother with a cord and then cut her with a kitchen knife in her home.
A neighbor checked Hummer after he heard the woman's daughter calling for help in the home.
"I get closer and I looked and said, 'Oh my God, somebody slit this lady's throat,'" neighbor Wenford Leachman said. "Her throat was slit all the way across."
Culp was charged with second-degree murder in connection with his grandmother's death.

Copyright 2006 by Internet Broadcasting Systems