Anti-Syrian cabinet minister killed in Beirut

CBC News

House Member
Sep 26, 2006
www.cbc.ca
Lebanese Industry Minister Pierre Gemayel, a prominent anti-Syrian politician and head of the Christian Phalange party, has been shot and killed while driving in Beirut.

More...

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Lebanese Industry Minister Pierre Gemayel, a prominent anti-Syrian politician and head of the Christian Phalange party, has been shot and killed while driving in Beirut.

More...
This is not a surprise. This is what happens when you mess with the "party of peace's masters and suppliers.

But I'm surethis will be largely ignored by the apologists and the anti crowds. How sad. It will be likely dismissed as the actions ofthe Mossad or CIA. They seem to be the scape goats of the day.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
See what I mean? The same old tired line but nothing in the way of proof to refute anything in my post. Absolutely nothing.:munky2:
That was the most pathetic thing you have ever done, lmao. You can't even come back with anything original? You have to steal my material? Boy oh boy, just when I thought you couldn't stoop any lower.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
let's try again -- here's another article on the subject; let's see whether CDNBear answers it intelligently or resorts to more criticism:

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3262657,00.html

Lebanon: New evidence Mossad behind assassination
Lebanese army releases statement citing new evidence that cell nabbed in Lebanon for Majzoub brothers’ assassination in May answered to Israeli intelligence agency Roee Nahmias Published: 06.14.06, 01:05

A notice published by the Lebanese army Tuesday regarding the assassination on May 25 of the Majzoub brothers in Sidon, revealed apparently new details regarding Israel’s involvement in the hit.
“In the last operation, that targeted the Majzoub brother, the network received a prepared booby-trapped door for their car from Israel. They were equipped with photographic and broadcast devices to be sure the brother did leave their house. A raid of the cell members’ house uncovered sophisticated spying devices. The investigation is ongoing in an attempt to arrest the remaining cell members and decode additional terror activities. The detained will be judged soon,” the statement declared.
Israel has dismissed accusations that it was behind the assassination, which killed senior Islamic Jihad leader in Lebanon Mahmoud Majzoub and his brother Nidal in a car bomb blast.

'Network connected to Israeli Mossad'

The Lebanese army message added: “In continuation of the previous message regarding the exposure of a terror network answering to Israeli intelligence and the arrest of its central members, and in their continued questioning, the Lebanese intelligence authority has discovered those involved in the assassination of the Majzoub brothers.”

“From the intelligence administration’s inquiries, it has become clear that the network has been connected to the Israeli Mossad for
a few years. Its members trained in Israel and outside of it, and received their missions from the Mossad. For the purpose of this assassination, the cell was equipped with communication devices and advanced secret observation devices, as well as with detailed maps of locations in Lebanon, phony documents, suitcases with secret compartments,” the statement added.
According to Lebanon, “The cell was headed by Mahmoud Rafeh, who confessed to the assassination as well as to a host of other acts, including the assassination of senior Hizbullah official Ali Hassan Deeb (Abu Hassan Salameh) in 1999; of Ali Salah in 2003; of Jihad Jabril, the son of Ahmad Jabril in Beirut in 2002; planting explosives on the a-Zaharani highway; attempted assassinations of senior Palestinian officials, and more.”

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Bear/Thomaska

LOLOL that was wild!!

You two arguing over who Gopher hates most hahaha....

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
If this was CKA, I would ask if that was a picture of your mother, but then I thought not, that would be the other end. But I won't because this site has a better set of rules and a better atmosphere.

I read your article and noticed a difference between the two events, the one in the OP, is a Christian Parimentary member and the other is an Islamic Jihadist.

Could I see the Mossad being behind that? Oh you bet your bippy I would. So I guess there is no reason to refute it, other then the source. The Lebonese Army, lol. I have experience with the Lebonese Army gopher. Some of them are really cool guys, funny as hell and decent sh*ts all the way round. Others would rather piss on you becuase you have Jewish blood in you. All in all though gopher, they have the same cred with this old boy, as the US agencies that wished up the WMD.

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
Let me see Hezbollah is threatening to have a mass riot or is that rally to force Lebanon to get on it's knees and allow this terrorist organization to have the majority of Political Seats and veto power. Excuse me but Hezbollah should get it's mangy ass back to Shyria. Let's face it Hezbollah is nothing more than paid Syrian thugs to over throw a Legit Country. Hello;:blob7: :blob7: :kermit: :naka: and people scream at the US for meddling in other countries politics? Well well, the pot calling the kettle black me thinks.

Lebanon's Agony

Hezbollah is the prime suspect in a brutal, intimidatory assassination

The assassination yesterday of Pierre Gemayel, a Christian Lebanese Cabinet minister who was an outspoken critic of Syria, is a brutal act calculated to bring down the pro-Western Government in Beirut and sabotage attempts to curb the influence of Hezbollah. Both the target and the timing underline the cynical attempt to stir sectarian conflict, blunt the Lebanese opposition to Syria and its Hezbollah allies and intimidate the Lebanese Government and all those proposing the setting-up of an international tribunal to try suspects in the killing of the former Prime Minister, Rafik Hariri.
Mr Gemayel, who was the Industry Minister, came from a leading Christian political family. His grandfather founded the Phalange party. His uncle Bashir was elected President but assassin-ated in September 1982, soon after the Israeli invasion, and was succeeded by Amin, Pierre’s father. All were staunchly anti-Syrian. All were seen as strong defenders of the Christians’ leading role in the country.
NI_MPU('middle');The timing is also far from coincidental. It comes amid political turmoil caused by the resignation of six pro-Syrian Shia Cabinet ministers and on the eve of massive planned street demonstrations by Hezbollah and its allies attempting to topple a government they accuse of being allied with the United States. And within hours of the last resignation, the Cabinet defiantly voted to approve United Nations plans for a tribunal to try the suspects in the 2005 Hariri assassination. The UN has already linked that killing to Damascus; and there are many very senior Syrians deeply worried about what any trial would reveal.
Hezbollah has every reason to applaud the assassination. After the Israeli invasion, it saw an opportunity to capitalise on popular acclaim throughout the Arab world and increase its power and representation in the Cabinet. It is still well armed (despite the woolly UN plans for disarmament), it still dominates the south and it is still relentlessly determined to keep up the attacks on Israel. The Government has so far resisted pressure to surrender power to Hezbollah militants; Mr Gemayel has paid the price. How deeply Damascus is implicated is unclear. Mr Gemayel is the third anti-Syrian public figure to be murdered since the Hariri assassination. But Syria is increasingly isolated and its expulsion from Lebanon has made President Assad’s position precarious. He has an incentive at the moment to display reasonableness and moderation, especially at a time when the Americans appear ready to re-engage in a dialogue over Iraq. Not all those around him, however, share such a concern. Those in the army and brutal security agents who were corruptly enriching themselves in Lebanon are determined to avenge their expulsion and intimidate their opponents. Within Hezbollah there are also strong factions determined to stop any rapprochement with the West. This, they fear, would reduce Syrian support for Hezbollah, and any comprehensive settlement in the region would not only nullify their role as the main opposition to Israel but undercut claims to maintaining a standing militia within Lebanon. Killing Mr Gemayel, militants argue, would swiftly kill off any US-Syrian dialogue. Poor Lebanon, as often, is the victim. There are too many forces at work for whom death is an opportunity to be leveraged.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
If this was CKA, I would ask if that was a picture of your mother, but then I thought not, that would be the other end.

See that folks?

Now who's the one insulting who?

Bear's childishness has gone from name calling to insinuating about somebody's mother.

Since others have defended him in the past, let's see what they have to say about that one.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
If this was CKA, I would ask if that was a picture of your mother, but then I thought not, that would be the other end.

See that folks?

Now who's the one insulting who?

Bear's childishness has gone from name calling to insinuating about somebody's mother.

Since others have defended him in the past, let's see what they have to say about that one.
I said if it was CKA, I would, but this ite is better then CKA, so I won't. Geeze get a grip. Is that some form of paranoia, or do you just have nothing to bolster your post?

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
It appears Gopher is on the attack tonight, he's made no attempt to have dialog regarding the subject Bear I suggest you ignore him.