Canada-U.S. trade relationship safe: Wilkins

CTV News

Executive Branch Member
Sep 26, 2006
www.ctv.ca
Despite a Democratic win in U.S. midterm elections last week, the strong trade relationship between Canada and the U.S. is not in jeopardy, said Ambassador David Wilkins.

More...

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Talk about a keen sense of the obvious!

Sure it's perfectly acceptable to the United States to forgive and forget....yeah right!

Why aren't more Canadians after Stephen Hapless's head for the "give back a billion dollars" to the American lumber industry that they stole" than there are...?

The United States is more than happy with trade relations with Canada, why shouldn't they be?

If you impose an illegal tariff at the border not to worry Stephen Hapless will simply dip into the public coffers to distribute the wealth of all Canadians among those most affected by this blatant theft at the border....

The United States (Bloomberg of New York in particular) thrive on laying the blame for America's failing electricity grid on Canadian demand instead of being truthful and identifying the failure at an American utility company....

The United States fears the possible consequences of same-sex marriage being allowed in Canada because that means that Oral Roberts and Jimmy Swaggart could get married in Canada and form the largest most influential right-wing "Christian" CON-GAME ever seen!

As long as Stephen Hapless and the Keystone MP's in Ottawa dance to the ringing of tills and place their buddies business profits ahead of principled leadership....

Everything will remain perfectly OK.

Let's investigate the possibility of inviting as many Americans as we can to move to Canada and keep our forests and our water for people who don't think that the world was created for American profiteering at the cost of blood for anyone who isn't an American!

I'd like to see the United States deal with its problems without pointing fingers at anyone and everyone it can as their "fault" instead of admitting that their government is more corrupt and least interested in the welfare and security of the people of the United States than it is with making sure that multinational empires controlled by the morons in Congress and the Senate make gargantuan profits....

I certainly hope that Americans are as fed up with and as dubious of their government's intentions and motivations as the vast majority of everyone else in the world who isn't an American is!

The people of New Orleans paid the price, and with the crap that the Bush administration has been behind to obfuscate the impact of global climate degredation contributed to in a significant way by human industry and the burning of fossil fuels....

America sould be actually located in Egypt...

It's obvious that the administration of the United States of America wants its citizens to live in DeNile so why shouldn't Americans start flying the Egyptian flag????

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
MikeyDB

I don't know what has set you off today - but you have reached the celler in civility - I hope tomorrow is a better day for you. I have enjoyed many of your posts - today you are feeding off some flamers - and it is pretty ugly to read.

This can't be good for your condition and I sincerely hope you cut back the aggression and let a bit of calm into your thoughts right now.

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Yes I suppose you're right Curiosity...

Someone who actually argues with your concept of U.S. / Canadian relations is probably not going to make it onto your Christmas card list..

Woe is me....NOT!

If you've got some factual information to contribute or a perspective that isn't pseudo-psychological in nature then please feel free but coming up with nonesense like "Canada should be more independent when it comes to American policy is ridiculous!

There are missile emplacements and a variety of listening posts set up throughout Canada's north as the legacy of decades of the Cold War. When the communist regime collapsed from the internal corruption that inevitably spreads through capitalism as practiced in the west....see Exxon or any of two dozen examples of wonderful American style capitalism's exercise.... did that collapse correspond with a cutback in military spending by the United States....NO

When millions throughout the world protested against the invasion of Iraq by the United States, did America listen....NO

When America steals from Canadians (not just billions in a flagrant abuse of the NAFTA accord) but ghrough many different schemes hatched by American industry does America own up to its corruption....NO

When the majority of the rest of the world holds the United States of America responsible for the carnage that the U.S. has foisted on nations all over this planet does America accept any responsibility....NO

I'm so tired of hearing about how we should all hug and celebrate with Americans when the history of this planet is (at least from the good ole days of 1776) as been nothing but one giant struggle after another and those struggles rotate around the greed and dishonesty of America....

I like the American people and have lived among them.

I just wish to god they'd grow up.

Toro

Senate Member
I just wish to god they'd grow up.

Some would say the same thing about the adolsecent anti-Americanism that is rampant amongst a certain portion of the Canadian population who have decided they despise the US first then look for reasons to do so.

Exhibit A

I'd like to see the United States deal with its problems without pointing fingers at anyone and everyone it can as their "fault" instead of admitting that their government is more corrupt and least interested in the welfare and security of the people of the United States than it is with making sure that multinational empires controlled by the morons in Congress and the Senate make gargantuan profits....

Perhaps the Far Left should stop pointing fingers at the United States for all the problems in the world and arrogantly proclaiming that they know what is best for the American people. They are a small portion of the Canadian populace who are, primarily, consigned to bit parts in Canadian politics, but have the height of arrogance to proclaim those who do not march lockstep in their ideological rigidity as "morons".

Talk about a keen sense of the obvious!

Yes, lets.

This is an example of the immature fire, ready, aim, "woe is me" crowd

The United States (Bloomberg of New York in particular) thrive on laying the blame for America's failing electricity grid on Canadian demand instead of being truthful and identifying the failure at an American utility company....

If one were remotely paying attention rather than wallowing in dogmatic rhetoric, one would find that the Americans are being more than "truthful", and are identifying the failures of and solutions to the American electrical grid.

You can read the latest update from the North American Reliability Council here.

One can criticize the US government and the American nation for many things. But the juvenile, default position of the Blame-America-First crowd of the Far Left is tiresome and boring.