Hate Crime kills Muslim Woman who had 6 children

Researcher87

Electoral Member
Sep 20, 2006
In Monsoon West (B.C)
FREMONT, Calif. (AP) - An Afghanistan-born mother of six who was gunned down in California while wearing traditional Muslim dress was mourned Saturday during an interfaith service to unite local residents rattled by what some called a hate crime.
Women in Islamic head coverings sat near Christians and Jews during the memorial to honour Alia Ansari, 38, who was fatally shot Oct. 19 as she walked to pick her children up from school.
Church leaders hoped the service at Centerville Presbyterian church would bring together people of different faiths in Fremont, a San Francisco Bay-area suburb of 200,000 that is home to the largest Afghan community in the United States and a neighbourhood called "Little Kabul."
"Our commitment is to say: 'How can we be better neighbours in the midst of a changing community?"' said Rev. Greg Roth, the church's pastor.
"There was a longing to do something positive."
The memorial was held in a church gymnasium to make people of different faiths feel comfortable, Roth said.
During the service, Ansari was remembered as a faithful woman who helped her family navigate a challenging move to the United States. Her family sat in the front row, often clutching each other and sobbing as speakers read passages from the Qur'an.
A traditional Muslim memorial was held for Ansari in Fremont's Central Park on Friday before her body was flown to Afghanistan for burial.
Ansari was walking in a residential neighbourhood when a gunman pulled up in a car and fired at her before driving away. Her body was found outside a home near the sidewalk. Her three-year-old child witnessed the shooting but was unharmed.
Hours after she was killed, police arrested a 27-year-old man they described as "person of interest" in the case. The man was being held on a parole violation and has not been charged.
Fremont police have not labelled Ansari's killing a hate crime but some community members believe she was targeted because she was wearing a hijab when she was shot.
Samina Sundas, national chair of the American Muslim Voice, said the murder appears to be a hate crime but added Fremont is "doing a tremendous job of taking a tragedy and turning it into a community-building effort."

http://start.shaw.ca/start/enCA/News/WorldNewsArticle.htm?src=w102891A.xml

Good job everyone, especially the anti-Muslim ones on this board. You prove the point.

Last edited:

Researcher87

Electoral Member
Sep 20, 2006
In Monsoon West (B.C)
Yeah, so people bitch and complain about Muslim people and how they are taking over and trying to convert us with their Islamic evilness. However the evidence especially in this case shows it is the West that is the ones that would be the first to act in violence and murder innocent people.

I feel extremely sorry for this Muslim woman's children and I hope the bastard who committed this crimes gets what he deserves.

Researcher87

Electoral Member
Sep 20, 2006
In Monsoon West (B.C)
No one! Well I guess the right of America and Canada support such Christian crusaders who fill women wearing the Hijah with red hot led.

Any then they make a big stink about a Muslim here or there that might not want to protect the Israeli embassy or who wants to wear a Hijah. And doesn't hurt anyone.

However, I always believe the actions speak louder than the words and we know who are the true murderers when it comes to religion.

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
Foolish! Of course, it's an outrage that this woman was murdered. But I trust it's an isolated case. It doesn't mean the whole western world is going to hell in a hurry. Locally, schools have been plagued with swastika grafitti for the last month. Does that mean we're all about to embrace Aryan Nations? Of course not. The defacement has been amply condemned and they've already caught one of the jackasses. Similarly, in the case you profiled, I'm sure people of good will are coming together to express their anger at this killing. And get something done about it.

Mediana

Nominee Member
Oct 15, 2004
La Belle Province
Yeah, so people bitch and complain about Muslim people and how they are taking over and trying to convert us with their Islamic evilness. However the evidence especially in this case shows it is the West that is the ones that would be the first to act in violence and murder innocent people.

I feel extremely sorry for this Muslim woman's children and I hope the bastard who committed this crimes gets what he deserves.

Apparently the Afghans aren't any more tolerant... they want you to mind your own business. :(

Afghan elders resent help from outsiders after slaying

Men say they feel only members of the community should participate in mourning for Fremont mother

http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/cctimes/news/15872026.htm

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
isolated case

There have been many reports of vicious attacks upon Muslim, ME, or Arabic-Americans. Unfortunately, these attacks have not gotten much media attention. Attacks upon Sikhs, as an example, got some attention as they serve to show American ignorance because they are NOT Muslims and because they led to a fatality.

A Muslim cab driver who is a friend of mine reports that he is frequently stopped and hassled for ID by white cops. He also indicated that some of his colleagues have been harassed as well. These reports are fewer today after some investigatory work have exposed the white cops tactics. But they shouldn't happen at all. Cops should be going after crooks, not after law abiding citizens.

Bigtory has no place in a modern and civil society. Everyone (regardless of religious or racial origin) needs to be held accountable for violations of the public peace.

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
oh yes..she was wearing a hijab..obviously a hate crime.
and anytime any muslim commits any crime, its somehow related to terrorism (can't be bank fraud cause your a greedy bugger, now its bank fraud so you can fund terrorists)

Ever think maybe she was shot because she was involved in something under the table? Perhaps she or her family is involved in the drug trade?

Given the amount of poppy farmers in afghanistan it is entirely possible she was killed to send a message to one of her siblings who shorted some local drug lord, or that even if her family isn't involved , perhaps one of her family members ratted out a neighbour for growing poppies.

But no , any possibility that this murder is anything but a hate crime cannot even be investigated... because the only time muslims are shot is because its a hate crime, period..no further investigation.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Its hard to say from the information provided if the murder was a hate crime. But bias against Muslims definitely has increased since 9/11:

Workplace Bias Against Muslims, Arabs on Rise, Advocates Say

A tally of complaints jumped in 2005. Some victims may fear reporting to authorities.
By Alana Semuels, Times Staff Writer
October 3, 2006
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-eeoc3oct03,1,3563037.story?ctrack=1&cset=true

Human Rights Watch Report
November 2002

In the aftermath of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks, Arabs and Muslims in the United States, and those perceived to be Arab or Muslim, such as Sikhs and South Asians, became victims of a severe wave of backlash violence. The hate crimes included murder, beatings, arson, attacks on mosques, shootings, vehicular assaults and verbal threats. This violence was directed at people solely because they shared or were perceived as sharing the national background or religion of the hijackers and al-Qaeda members deemed responsible for attacking the World Trade Center and the Pentagon.

The post-September 11 violence against Arabs and Muslims was not unprecedented. Over the past twenty years backlash hate crimes against Arabs and Muslims in the United States have become predictable, triggered by conflict in the Middle East and acts of terrorism associated with Arabs or Muslims. The hate crimes that followed the September 11 attacks nonetheless were unique in their severity and extent. While comprehensive and reliable national statistics are not available, Arab and Muslim groups report more than two thousand September 11-related backlash incidents. The Federal Bureau of Investigation reported a seventeen-fold increase in anti-Muslim crimes nationwide during 2001. In Los Angeles County and Chicago, officials reported fifteen times the number of anti-Arab and anti-Muslim crimes in 2001 compared to the preceding year.

In many cases, government officials responded quickly and vigorously to the backlash violence. President George W. Bush and numerous state and city officials publicly condemned anti-Arab and anti-Muslim hate crimes. In addition, as this report documents, state and local government across the nation undertook a series of steps seeking to contain acts of violence and bring perpetrators to justice. Nevertheless, aspects of the U.S. government's anti-terrorism campaign-the detention of twelve hundred mostly Middle Eastern and South Asians because of possible links to terrorism, the effort to question over five thousand young Middle Eastern men, and the decision to fingerprint visitors from certain Middle Eastern and Muslim countries-reinforced a public perception that Arab and Muslim communities as a whole were suspect and linked to the "enemy" in the U.S. war against terrorism.

In this report, Human Rights Watch documents the nature of the September 11 backlash violence and the local, state, and federal government responses to it.

http://www.hrw.org/reports/2002/usahate/usa1102.htm

Researcher87

Electoral Member
Sep 20, 2006
In Monsoon West (B.C)
Like I expected there are some that just want to make excuses. Maybe she was a drug dealer, why should only the men mourn the dead lady.

It was a hate crime, and it doesn't matter who mourns for the lady it is the action that counts and the murder that occured.

northstar

Electoral Member
Oct 9, 2006
First this was a crime, pure and simple, the victim happened to be a Muslim, so naturally the Muslims' are claiming a 'hate-crime'.

Second, the poor lady and her children were the victims of Mohammad who decided to write a book to justify his nastiness, and then two centuries later it was made into 'HOLY SCRIPTURES' to justify criminal activity and to justify a lifestyle of tyranty and murder. SO l am sure this poor woman and her child are in the real heaven, rather then Mohammad's version where boy children are a reward...

Third, Muslims have had a great injustice done to them by Mohammad, and more recently by Al Queda in the declaration of war in the name of Allah. The call on all good Muslims to follow and become Jihads' [O.B.LADIN}, was a great dis-service to all those Muslims who have tried to distance themselves from the teachings of the Quran, and returned to the roots of the bible in Christianity.

And all the rioting, complaining and social mis-conduct of Muslims throughout North America is a terrible slight on those Muslims' who have decided that they won't be a part of anti-social behaviour and are currently searching theie holy documents to find the sense and non-mainpulative peacefulness in Mohammad's self-rewarding teachings.

Researcher87

Electoral Member
Sep 20, 2006
In Monsoon West (B.C)
First this was a crime, pure and simple, the victim happened to be a Muslim, so naturally the Muslims' are claiming a 'hate-crime'.

Second, the poor lady and her children were the victims of Mohammad who decided to write a book to justify his nastiness, and then two centuries later it was made into 'HOLY SCRIPTURES' to justify criminal activity and to justify a lifestyle of tyranty and murder. SO l am sure this poor woman and her child are in the real heaven, rather then Mohammad's version where boy children are a reward...

Third, Muslims have had a great injustice done to them by Mohammad, and more recently by Al Queda in the declaration of war in the name of Allah. The call on all good Muslims to follow and become Jihads' [O.B.LADIN}, was a great dis-service to all those Muslims who have tried to distance themselves from the teachings of the Quran, and returned to the roots of the bible in Christianity.

And all the rioting, complaining and social mis-conduct of Muslims throughout North America is a terrible slight on those Muslims' who have decided that they won't be a part of anti-social behaviour and are currently searching theie holy documents to find the sense and non-mainpulative peacefulness in Mohammad's self-rewarding teachings.

Since Islam is the last Abrahemic religion aspect, it is better than Christianity for one.

Second, what the f+ing hell are you smoking. This is her fault that she was killed.

Then if a Christian gets himself killed it his hisd f*ing fault for being a stupid christian.

Cite where rioting has occurred in North America, North American Muslims have been extremely peaceful.

Hotshot

Electoral Member
May 31, 2006
Good job everyone, especially the anti-Muslim ones on this board. You prove the point.

First, make sure you have ALL the facts before babbling on. There is NO INFORMATION given concerning the gunman. It couls have been anyone, any race, etc. You simply don't know. You just can't jump to conclusions (Remember the bombing in Oklahoma, who was blames and who was fould guilty)
Besides all that, you are an imbicile to claim anti-muslims on this board have proven anything.

northstar

Electoral Member
Oct 9, 2006
Originally Posted by Researcher87

First, make sure you have ALL the facts before babbling on. There is NO INFORMATION given concerning the gunman. It couls have been anyone, any race, etc. You simply don't know. You just can't jump to conclusions (Remember the bombing in Oklahoma, who was blames and who was fould guilty)
Besides all that, you are an imbicile....

just had to re-instate the beauty of the above portion your statement and heartily agree...:) :) :)

EastSideScotian

Stuck in Ontario...bah
Jun 9, 2006
Petawawa Ontario
Since Islam is the last Abrahemic religion aspect, it is better than Christianity for one.
Oh please do explain, Id love you to let me know the Knowlage you have of Christainty.

Muslims are not bad people.

But.....Their Religion is not better than Christainity by any means, But Id love you to point out for me how it is...Not only would it be interesting...but I need to slam someone good for poor Knowlage of a topic, and I guess you are that person.

Now I normaly argue that Muslims are good people, becuase I feel they are. Religion vs. Religion Christains got their acts together long ago. Islam has left their people in the middle ages, in most aspects, government wise and Law wise. But please go on and tell me how Islam is better than christainity, and Ill even surprise Northstar with what ill have to tell you...

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
I'll bite Easty what do you know?

The only reference to Abraham I could find is Abraham-man, the dictionary states: Wondering beggar of the 16th century, feign illness or insanity. (perh. after Luke 16) So researcher wants me to believe that Muslims are better cough than Christians because they beg and fake an illness by being insane????

I don't think either Religion is doing man kind a justice these days, the holy rollers make my skin crawl as does Extreme Islam. We have only one radio station in my town, on Sundays they broadcast a mass for shut-ins. It's a Baptist's Service, give me patience the Priest/Pastor Holy Roller preaches that you aren't a true Christian if you don't pray and read the bible all day everyday. Women who work to provide for the family with game boys are evil (his words) and bad mothers. It leaves me speechless with my mouth hanging out, I can often be found on Sundays screaming at this man "You are an asshole." The word of god me bum, you are female controling hateful bigot.

EastSideScotian

Stuck in Ontario...bah
Jun 9, 2006
Petawawa Ontario
I'll bite Easty what do you know?

The only reference to Abraham I could find is Abraham-man, the dictionary states: Wondering beggar of the 16th century, feign illness or insanity. (perh. after Luke 16) So researcher wants me to believe that Muslims are better cough than Christians because they beg and fake an illness by being insane????

I don't think either Religion is doing man kind a justice these days, the holy rollers make my skin crawl as does Extreme Islam. We have only one radio station in my town, on Sundays they broadcast a mass for shut-ins. It's a Baptist's Service, give me patience the Priest/Pastor Holy Roller preaches that you aren't a true Christian if you don't pray and read the bible all day everyday. Women who work to provide for the family with game boys are evil (his words) and bad mothers. It leaves me speechless with my mouth hanging out, I can often be found on Sundays screaming at this man "You are an asshole." The word of god me bum, you are female controling hateful bigot.
Actully Abraham has more to do with Judisim and then Christians and Muslims...... and he wasnt around in the 16th centurey he was long dead...so prob the wrong dude....besides checking the dictionary for people...I wouldnt do tat its more of a word referance not a name...

But ask away, I could say all kinds of things but it might not awnser your questions need anything straightend out? id be happy to help