Complete Miscarriage of Justice

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005

british columbia news

Wednesday, May 10, 2006
Malik says he'll answer questions at Air India inquiry

Ripudaman Singh Malik wants to expand his religious schools in Surrey, B.C. (CBC.ca image)
(CBC) - One of the men acquitted in the Air India bombing trial says he'll gladly answer all questions if he's called to testify at the public inquiry into the disaster.

Ripudaman Singh Malik was at city hall in Surrey, B.C., on Monday, looking for permits to expand his Khalsa school for Sikh boys and girls.

Asked about the possibility he might be called to appear at an inquiry into the 1985 bombing of Air India Flight 182, he said: "Of course … if I'm called, then I'll answer all the questions."

Malik was acquitted last year, along with Ajaib Singh Bagri, on all charges related to the bombing.

Canada's worst case of mass murder, the bombing killed all 329 people on board Air India Flight 182. Two baggage handlers at Tokyo's Narita Airport died in another connected bombing.

Inderjit Singh Reyat is the only person convicted in the attacks. He was sentenced to five years in prison in 2003 for manslaughter and assisting in the construction of the bomb.

Last week, Prime Minister Stephen Harper announced a full public inquiry into the investigation of the disaster.

Calls for an inquiry became louder after Malik and Bagri were set free in March 2005 after a lengthy trial when the judge ruled the Crown's case was weak.

What a farce! Inderjit Singh Reyat was convicted of building the bomb for Malik, but Malik was aquitted of all charges.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Yeah.

I admit that my first thought on their acquital was "They got to the judge", a suspicion not lessened by the judge's opinion, especially the part where he discounted Malik's old lover's story as untrue because no one could stay in love with someone they suspected of such acts.

WHAT!?

This guy is a judge? Either unbelievably niave, or.........

Personally, I think Malik should be immediately deported. He was, after all, a member of Babbar Khalsa, a terrorist group.

The Indians would know what to do with him.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
#juan said:
Inderjit Singh Reyat is the only person convicted in the attacks. He was sentenced to five years in prison in 2003 for manslaughter and assisting in the construction of the bomb

8O

That's all he got?

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I think not said:
#juan said:
Inderjit Singh Reyat is the only person convicted in the attacks. He was sentenced to five years in prison in 2003 for manslaughter and assisting in the construction of the bomb

8O

That's all he got?

No. The stupid trial went on for over twenty years. Inderjit Singh Reyat will serve at least twenty years in total. I agree with Colpy in that my first reaction was that, somebody got to the judge. I see no reason to change that opinion.