Anti-war protester Cindy Sheehan brings message north

unclepercy

Electoral Member
Jun 4, 2005
Baja Canada
So, were you impressed with Cindy Sheehan?

Bruce Ward, CanWest News Service; Ottawa Citizen
Published: Friday, May 05, 2006
OTTAWA - U.S. peace activist Cindy Sheehan derided Prime Minister Stephen Harper Thursday night as "just another Bush clone'' who cares more about being ``buddy-buddy'' with the U.S. president than honouring the lives of Canadian soldiers killed in Afghanistan.

"I guess he really wants to ingratiate himself with the Canadian people because I know Bush is really popular here,'' Sheehan said in a sarcastic jibe during an anti-war event at Ottawa's Carleton University Thursday.

"And you overwhelmingly elected him because he has such a huge majority here in Canada that he has a mandate to say we're not going to honour our soldiers by lowering the flag or allowing the TV pictures to be shown of the coffins,'' she said.

Rest of article: http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/story.html?id=53635dfa-72dd-4f68-bac6-522087d869a4&k=1825

What in the world does she hope to accomplish?

Uncle

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
For Canada to pull out of Afghanistan.

I'm surprised. I support her totally on Iraq because its illegal, but if she was against war in general what did she expect her son to do when he joined up in the military. He is there to go to war, even if it is illegal.

Johnny Utah

Council Member
Mar 11, 2006

Cindy Sheehan is nothing more then a "Attention Wh0re" and hopefully the Canadian people see her for just that and show her the door!

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
Your a sick miserable little person Johnny Utah. She lost her child and you call her a whore. What kind of person are you.

She is open to her opinion no matter what it is.

Semperfi_dani

Electoral Member
Nov 1, 2005
Edmonton
RE: Anti-war protester Ci

Johnny Utah..you took the words right out of my mouth.

She had her 15 minutes of fame, her arguments are so deftly one sided, She annoys the hell out of me. Add oppurtunistic woman using the death of her child to futher her own ambition.

Johnny Utah

Council Member
Mar 11, 2006
Jersay said:
Your a sick miserable little person Johnny Utah. She lost her child and you call her a *censored*. What kind of person are you.

She is open to her opinion no matter what it is.
She can keep her opinions in her own dam Country! She lost her son no really? Yet here she is in Canada trying to tell the Canadian Government and people what is right and isn't right. She's so busy with her new Career she has yet to place a Headstone on her son's grave..

Casey Sheehan's grave is as yet unmarked with a standard headstone.
Obviously, it's a picture in a cemetery. What cemetery and whose grave? Yes, it's sadly the grave of Casey Sheehan. After two years, and a DOD payment of $250,000 life insurance to the "Peace Mom", she has not had the time or bothered to have a headstone placed on this young hero's grave. And, she doesn't even have to pay for one, the DOD will provide one:

"The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) furnishes upon request, at no charge to the applicant, a government headstone or marker for the grave of any deceased eligible veteran in any cemetery around the world. For all deaths occurring before September 11, 2001, the VA may provide a headstone or marker only for graves that are not marked with a private headstone.

Flat markers in granite, marble, and bronze and upright headstones in granite and marble are available. The style chosen must be consistent with existing monuments at the place of burial. Niche markers are also available to mark columbaria used for internment of cremated remains."

She can find time to protest on at least 3 continents, get arrested various times, go on vacation in Hawaii, have photo ops with the Marxists in Venezuela but can't seem to find the time to properly mark her son's grave.

oh yea — Cindy Sheehan recently treated herself to a brand new Volkswagen Beetle convertible. She still can't be bothered to buy a grave marker for her son though.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/war/sheehangrave.asp

So does she still deserve sympathy? Last year when Katrina hit her Thunder was stolen since then she's been trying to get it back. Even attacking Sen Hillary Clinton's stand on the Iraq War and now she's in Canada trying to tell the Canadian Government and people how Canada's Fallen Heroes should be honored?
:roll:

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
Johnny Utah said:

Cindy Sheehan is nothing more then a "Attention Wh0re" and hopefully the Canadian people see her for just that and show her the door!

No matter how much I may agree with some of her views... I agree with that photo more. lmao

Semperfi_dani

Electoral Member
Nov 1, 2005
Edmonton

The way i see it, call her like she acts. If she acts like a opportunistic bitch, she deserves to be called one.

Johnny Utah

Council Member
Mar 11, 2006
Re: RE: Anti-war protester Ci

Semperfi_dani said:
The way i see it, call her like she acts. If she acts like a opportunistic bitch, she deserves to be called one.
According to the Vacaville Reporter, the administration of Casey's resting place is being handled by his father, Patrick, and a headstone to mark the burial site is in the works:
[Cindy] Sheehan said that Casey's grave site was now being handled by her soon-to-be ex-husband Patrick.

Patrick Sheehan said that the small plaque currently marking Casey's grave is something all graves receive before a headstone is constructed. Casey's headstone is in the works, he said, and is being built by a local monument company.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/war/sheehangrave.asp

So it's up to her soon to be ex husband to get her son's grave a proper Headstone because Cindy Sheehan is to busy with her new Career. We don't see Casey Sheehan's Father or other relatives on the Anti-War Bandwagon like Cindy Sheehan, why is that?

And for the record President Bush did meet with Cindy Sheehan already..
http://www.thereporter.com/search/ci_2923921

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Sheehan has become a political figure, she runs around the world condemning Bush and all who support him. Stop and think for a moment she may actually believe she is doing the right thing in her own mind. Remember when she got arrested in DC and the fringe left went nuts on freedom of speech? That just goes to show the narrow-mindedness of a few. She KNEW she would get arrested, that's why she did what she did, to gain publicity.

And whatever else anybody might call her. She is still the mother of a fallen soldier, this pain doesn't magically go away.

unclepercy

Electoral Member
Jun 4, 2005
Baja Canada
Johnny Utah said:

LOL ! I so agree with you, Johnny. In history, her name won't go down with a pink bow on it.

Uncle

Semperfi_dani

Electoral Member
Nov 1, 2005
Edmonton

Her and so many other mothers..but you don't see other mothers going into other countries telling their governments how to behave.

Hey, its sad that her son died. There are a ton of issues. But at some point, take your 15 min and leave.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Semperfi_dani

If I had a child that was killed in a war, I would grieve for a while, and then try and stop more kids from getting killed. I won't say it will be the right or wrong thing to do, I am just saying I wouldn't sit home staring at my child's pictures. I could easily become a male Sheehan, it's in my nature. I would provide a voice of opposition. A society that agrees on everything the government does is either living in a utopia (HA) or brainwashed. Can't have that.

This is the way I see her, all she gets from me is sympathy.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Rove hasn't found much to smear her on. If she can survive the political attack dogs she must be ok.

Johnny Utah

Council Member
Mar 11, 2006
I think not said:
Sheehan has become a political figure, she runs around the world condemning Bush and all who support him. Stop and think for a moment she may actually believe she is doing the right thing in her own mind. Remember when she got arrested in DC and the fringe left went nuts on freedom of speech? That just goes to show the narrow-mindedness of a few. She KNEW she would get arrested, that's why she did what she did, to gain publicity.

And whatever else anybody might call her. She is still the mother of a fallen soldier, this pain doesn't magically go away.
It's sad her son died but her son hasn't even become the issue anymore it seems. Look at the groups she's hooked up with from the fringe left, Code Pinko, Moveon.org and Michael Moore to name a few who have done nothing but use her and when their done with her they will kick her to the curb, and I do feel sorry for her for that reason..

When she held her protest last year outside Bush's Ranch, she named her camp "Camp Casey" that angered some Korean War Vets( it was something like that) There's the family members of the fallen in Iraq who went to her camp and removed the crosses with the names of their children or relatives placed there without permission..

Johnny Utah

Council Member
Mar 11, 2006
Re: RE: Anti-war protester Cindy Sheehan brings message nort

Kreskin said:
Rove hasn't found much to smear her on. If she can survive the political attack dogs she must be ok.
Karl Rove doesn't have to do anything, Cindy Sheehan will sink herself. She will not survive when the Fringe Left and Democrats kick her to the curb..

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
Somewhere between ITN and Johnny Utah lies
the truth about assessing the value of Cindy Sheehan.

In this horrible game of politics, it is ashame for
Sheehan if the respectability of her loss gives way
to her becoming a cartoon.

Both sides of the war know this.