German Kitty Saves Baby

I think not
German cat credited with saving baby’s life
Meowing draws attention to abandoned child at risk from hypothermia

BERLIN - A cat saved the life of a newborn baby abandoned on the doorstep of a Cologne house in the middle of the night by meowing loudly until someone woke up, a police spokesman said Saturday.

"The cat is a hero," Cologne police spokesman Uwe Beier said. "Its loud meowing got the attention of the homeowner and saved the baby from suffering life-threatening hypothermia. The homeowner opened the door to see why the cat was making so much noise and discovered the newborn."

Beier said the boy was taken to hospital at 5 a.m. on Thursday, when overnight temperatures fell toward freezing, and had suffered only mild hypothermia. He said there was no indication of what happened to the boy's mother.
Once again animals are amazing. I saw a newsclip after the LA quake where a couple was saved by their cat. Over their bed they had a huge heavy painting. Before the quake started, they were sleeping, and I guess the cat sensed it and woke them up just before the quake hit. Ten seconds later the painting crashed off the wall and crushed their bed.
Wow! That's cool.
I forgot to say that they got out of the bed before the painting fell.....