BC Ferry Sinks

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
B.C. Ferries president David Hahn confirmed to CBC Newsworld that all passengers are safe and sound. He wouldn't speculate on what caused the accident.

"I think something went catastrophically wrong,"

Ya think so? :lol:

Johnny Utah

Council Member
Mar 11, 2006

The ship is completely submerged, said the Search and Rescue Centre in Victoria.
:eek:

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
I wonder if they have another one to replace it with?

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I was shocked to see this news this am. Holy mackerel. I live on the North Island and have never had the inclination to take that ferry.The idea of a rinky dink ferry like that through that water for that long rubbed me the wrong way.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Juan, I've heard of some pretty hairy rides on it. I'll bet it's beautful when it is nice (and not sinking lol) though not the best of times when the weather is poor.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Luckily we don't have a lot of need for ferries here in Ontario, but I have been on one, The Chi-Cheemaun.

http://www.ontarioferries.com/

What kind of effect is this sinking going to have in terms of transportation needs in BC?

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I have to admit

that I've only made the trip twice, in good weather. The Inside Passage is pretty well sheltered but I imagine outside the passage can be a bit ugly. I don't know what happened but it sounds like they ran aground and tore the bottom out of her. We'll find out I guess.

the caracal kid

the clan of the claw
Nov 28, 2005
www.kdm.ca
Another accident for BC Ferries.

I worry about the age and condition of much of the fleet myself.

I had from time to time thought of taking the northwest passage trip, but never have.