Mosque Attack Pushes Iraq Toward Civil War

unclepercy

Electoral Member
Jun 4, 2005
Baja Canada
Re: RE: Mosque Attack Pushes Iraq Toward Civil War

Hank C said:
Sunnis look to be attacked soon.....sad situation.

Did you see the picture of the mosque? Now I'm no Muslim sympathizer, but the sight of that beautiful building in ashes was disturbing to even me.

Uncle

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
So is this the Shi'a's 9/11?

Few sites are more sacred to the Shi'a than that shrine, inside which the tenth and eleventh of the twelve Holy Imams (Ali 'Ibn Muhammad Naqi al-Hadi and Hasan ibn Ali al-Askari) are entombed, and near which the twelvth, Muhammad Ibn hasan al-Mahdi disappeared in the year 260 AH, and who is expected to return on on the Day of Reckoning to rid the world of irreligion and restore the spirit of Islam.

I'm sure some Muslims will choose to interpret this as a sign of His comming?

Whoever targetted that shrine might very well have set off a big bomb.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
To clarify the importance of the twelve Holy Imams of Islam, some claim that they were referred to in Reveleation 12:2:

And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Hey, I was right. The Shiachat forum already has a prayer hastening the comming of the Twelvth Imam.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Wonderful. Blame is already being thrown about. Some say it's the Zionists, some say i'ts the US or some other western power to "devide and conquer" the Muslims who were "united" by the cartoon controversy, and of couse many are blaming the Summis.

In the end, it'll hit the fan and then fly in all directions.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005

Machjo said:
To clarify the importance of the twelve Holy Imams of Islam, some claim that they were referred to in Reveleation 12:2:

And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:

It's probably the 12 Tribes.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON

Jay said:
Machjo said:

It's probably the 12 Tribes.

Sorry, Jay; I meant from the perspective of some Muslims I'd met before. Whether they're correct or not I don't think is relevent here. the point is, with the reverence the Shi'a give to these twelve Imams, and considering that this attack touched upon the site fo the last three of them, it's sure to hit the fan.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
"it's sure to hit the fan. "

I agree.

No doubt the wrong people will be blamed though....

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
We should send in the UN if it turns into civil war....

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
I agree.

Even though the U.N was involved in the Oil for Food, they are still respected in Iraq

the Grand Attola for the Shites and Sadr have asked repeatedly for U.N forces.

And Indian and Pakistan had said they would send 60,000 soldiers each if it was under U.N thats 120,000 soldiers there.

I think the U.N should go in as a peacekeeping force if it goes into civil-war.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
I think the UN forces would be slaughtered.....

I was just kidding and I don't think it would end up being anything more than failure for them.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
No, if the major combatants, Sadr, and I am not so sure probably not but several of the Sunni groups have asked for the U.N

Will they be slaughtered?

Maybe, they have been slaughtered in other places as well but they still do their jobs. And if you get a force that is huge, several hundred thousand, you might be able to do it.

Casualties will happen, but that is in the name of the job.

Doryman

Electoral Member
Nov 30, 2005
St. John's
Jersay said:
No, if the major combatants, Sadr, and I am not so sure probably not but several of the Sunni groups have asked for the U.N

Will they be slaughtered?

Maybe, they have been slaughtered in other places as well but they still do their jobs. And if you get a force that is huge, several hundred thousand, you might be able to do it.
Casualties will happen, but that is in the name of the job.

At least cooler heads will prevail...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/iran_ira...aA733is0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA2Z2szazkxBHNlYwN0bQ--

Well... I mean. Ah, shag it.

You will never ever get that force. The democratic countries of the world have a visceral fear of ever doing anything remotely dangerous, which is why our soldiers always get sent to some horrible country under-supplied and under-staffed, while an ignorant public sits at home, and periodically cries foul at news reports that show soldiers acting like soldiers.

At the most, you will get a paltry force made up of a couple Western troops for training and leadership, some poor as dirt but well-meaning troops from 3rd world countries, and some ass-backwards troops that expect the UN to supply everything from their rifles to their socks.

Besides, that force would require that a lot of countries swallow their pride and follow the UK and US into Iraq. And I won't hold my breath waiting for that.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Wonderful. Blame is already being thrown about.

In the Sunni denomination, whenever there is a jihadi attack upon an enemy the protocol demands for martyrdom. One does not hide one's face or run from a battle site. If these were Sunni jihadists, they would not have hidden their faces nor run away but stood up and fought until death.

But note how they didn't.

This is why there is speculation that it was CIA or Mossad agents.

Also, Sunnis would not have burned down a building that contained what are held to be sacred copies of the Koran.

The hiding of the attackers faces, running away from battle, the failure to accept martyrdom, and the burning of sacred books all bespeak of a CIA or Mossad terrorist attack.

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
Gopher !!

I see you poking your head out of your gopher hole.
Yep, there you are. I see your head surveying
all you see.

Then you back into your little gopher hole and report
to your fellow gophers your new-found knowlege.

I hope your fellow gophers know that a little
knowlege is a dangerous thing.

Because you didn't see the predators watching you.

You only know what you saw.

You read somewhere something about Sunni protocol
and Sunni behavior ???

No doubt you did learn something.

The Sunnis run and hide all of the time, despite
Sunni protocol and sunni behavior.

Did you not see the whole Sunni army under Saddam
strip out of their uniforms and melt back into the
general population when the Amerika Bastards attacked
them ?

They run and hide all of the time, hypocritically
and selectively choose which parts of their faith
to emulate when it suits -----------just like all
of the rest of us hypocrites.

In fact American soldiers openly ridicule them
for their spineless behavior.

They tried to make a stand in Fallujah but got the
hell out of Dodge City leaving behind all their
tortured hostages and dead hostages.

The Shia are going to kick the living shit out of
those spineless bastards, and payback is coming
to all those narcs of Saddam.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
gopher said:
Wonderful. Blame is already being thrown about.

In the Sunni denomination, whenever there is a jihadi attack upon an enemy the protocol demands for martyrdom. One does not hide one's face or run from a battle site. If these were Sunni jihadists, they would not have hidden their faces nor run away but stood up and fought until death.

But note how they didn't.

This is why there is speculation that it was CIA or Mossad agents.

Also, Sunnis would not have burned down a building that contained what are held to be sacred copies of the Koran.

The hiding of the attackers faces, running away from battle, the failure to accept martyrdom, and the burning of sacred books all bespeak of a CIA or Mossad terrorist attack.

Sunni are the last to strap the explosives on. They scurry like the rats they have always been.

Oh yes... Sunnis wouldn't bomb a Mosque. Nor would they store arms or conduct missions from them.