Ski holiday ride 'cures' deaf man.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Ski holiday ride 'cures' deaf man

Mr Glover explains

A former soldier who lost his hearing 15 years ago has suddenly regained it on a ski lift in the Italian Dolomites.

Derek Glover, 72, from Bourne, Lincolnshire, was 7,000ft up on holiday with his daughter when he heard a loud pop and his hearing returned.

Mr Glover's hearing was first damaged while on National Service 50 years ago and gradually worsened until he had to have a hearing aid fitted 15 years ago.

Doctors have so far been unable to explain what happened.

'Believe in miracles'

Mr Glover said: "I'd been skiing all morning and we'd decided we'd had enough so we were coming down in the cable car with my daughter and son-in-law.

"All of a sudden my ears went pop and their voices were dead clear, it was unbelievable.

"The doctor can't explain anything and he's starting to believe in miracles I think."

Mr Glover put his poor hearing down to firing rounds on the army shooting range when he was a soldier on National Service.

But he added that the army had also taught him to ski which was a very fortunate thing.

David Reid, of Deafness Research UK, said: "Regaining your hearing because of a change in altitude is very unusual - and the NHS aren't going to be prescribing holidays to the Alps anytime soon!"

news.bbc.co.uk

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Do you really want them restored? :wink:

Wasn't there a lady in the UK who just regained her eye sight after 20 years of being blind?

What's going on?