Election vote for $ale

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Bids reach $20 for election vote on eBay
Last Updated Tue, 06 Dec 2005 15:39:25 EST
CBC News
Elections Canada is considering whether to lay charges after an enterprising Quebecer put an election vote up for auction on eBay.

The vendor's vote went up for sale on Monday and had at least 17 bids by the time Elections Canada discovered it.

"The law forbids selling ballots as you know," said Elections Canada spokesman Gilles Paquin. "You cannot trade a vote, you cannot exchange it with somebody. It's illegal in many fashions."

Continued

Andygal

Electoral Member
May 13, 2005
BC
RE: Election vote for $al

LOL Peapod!

I wonder who would be dumb enough to buy it, considering that people in Quebec have a reputation for being shit disturbers.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Re: RE: Election vote for $al

Andygal said:
LOL Peapod!

I wonder who would be dumb enough to buy it, considering that people in Quebec have a reputation for being shit disturbers.

another major shit disturber.. ( peek south...;-) :wink:

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
Re: RE: Election vote for $al

Andygal said:
LOL Peapod!

That IS an intriguing idea to sell Quebec.

What if an Arab nation, say IRAN, had the highest bid - they could use Quebec to harass the Americans.

Maybe we could use the money to buy back Alberta from Ralph, and then nationalise the oil industry!! Lose quebec, gain the oil - its like the USA taking Iraq and killing New Orleans in a way.....