7/7 victim is a convicted rapist.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
The Times November 18, 2005

London bomb victim lied about rape history
By Rajeev Syal

Garri Holness, seeking compensation after losing a leg in the July 7th bombings, has been revealed to be a convicted rapist.

A PROMINENT victim of the July 7 bombings has admitted that he is a convicted rapist who lied about his past.

Garri Holness, 38, who lost a leg in the attack at King’s Cross, confirmed that he was jailed for seven years for taking part in a brutal assault on two schoolgirls twenty years ago. The musician, from Croydon, South London, also confessed to lying when he claimed that his rape conviction had been quashed on appeal.

He has campaigned for an increase in the £50,000 compensation for the loss of his leg; a victim of rape receives £13,500. He was paid £700 by the BBC to appear in six programmes charting his recovery.

Mr Holness, then known as Gary Linton, was one of six men who attacked two 16-year-old girls in Brixton, South London, in January 1985. The gang, known as the Young Raiders, dragged the girls into an undergound garage, where they were raped 45 times. A knife was held at the girls’ throats during the attack.

Mr Holness, whose gang name was Star, was one of four men jailed and was told by the presiding judge that he could have stopped the rapes, but failed to do so. He was freed after serving three years of a seven-year sentence. After being freed, he changed his name to Garri Holness, using his mother’s maiden name.

On Tuesday, Mr Holness told the Daily Mail about the conviction, but claimed that he had been cleared after a lengthy appeal. Yesterday, it emerged that he had lied. “I knew all of this was going to come out and I was scared and confused,” he said.

Mr Holness has become one of the most recognisable victims of the bombings. Yesterday, Lambeth Council withdrew its invitation to him to switch on its Christmas lights in Streatham, South London.

thetimesonline.co.uk

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Mr Holness, then known as Gary Linton, was one of six men who attacked two 16-year-old girls in Brixton, South London, in January 1985. The gang, known as the Young Raiders, dragged the girls into an undergound garage, where they were raped 45 times. A knife was held at the girls’ throats during the attack.

forty five divided by six equals seven point five. That means each of the rapists performed seven and a half rapes unless each of the girls was raped forty five times. If that was the case, each of the rapists would have had to perform fifteen times. I don't condone this crime but this sounds a little crazy. Who was counting? Forget it. I don't want to know.

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
Women can be raped by something other than a penis unfortunately. God only knows what other objects these men used.