Rice enters Iraq under heavy security

unclepercy

Electoral Member
Jun 4, 2005
Baja Canada
I don't see how Rice can help, do you?

Saturday, November 12, 2005 Page A21

Baghdad -- U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice came to Iraq to call for unity and support for the democratic process. Yet the secrecy and heavy security surrounding her visit spoke volumes about how far the country must go on its road to normalcy.

As has become customary for U.S. officials, Ms. Rice entered Baghdad yesterday by helicopter, not by car along an airport road notorious for insurgent attacks.

Ms. Rice resorted to somewhat ominous tones to stress that political success in Iraq is in everyone's interest. "If Iraq does not succeed, and if Iraq becomes a place of despair, generations of Americans would also be condemned to fear," she said after meeting with local politicians.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/serv...1112/WORLDREPORT12-1/TPInternational/Americas

Uncle

GL Schmitt

Electoral Member
Mar 12, 2005
Ontario
. . . if Iraq becomes a place of despair, generations of Americans would also be condemned to fear . . .

That’s one true statement from a member of the Bush Administration, except for a small problem with her tenses.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Rice enters Iraq unde

I was watching this on the news last night and it occurred to me that few are as afraid of the illegal invasion of Iraq failing as the members of the Bush administration are. It's another step to being charged with war crimes for them because when (not if) the US loses this war they will be judged very harshly.

unclepercy

Electoral Member
Jun 4, 2005
Baja Canada
Re: RE: Rice enters Iraq unde

Reverend Blair said:
I was watching this on the news last night and it occurred to me that few are as afraid of the illegal invasion of Iraq failing as the members of the Bush administration are. It's another step to being charged with war crimes for them because when (not if) the US loses this war they will be judged very harshly.

Rev,
You are wandering. Please - I value your opinion - answer the question. Do you think Rice can help? Why is she there? What did the Canadian TV press say was the reason?

Uncle

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Well three toed hippie was saying this morning at java, that it was just to show the latest in "eyewear" in desert conditions. He also said..there would probally be a terrorist alert in america again this week..course three toed hippie always has a big fattie before his morning coffee, so he could just be trippin

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

No, I don't think she can help. I think she was there because of Bush's sagging poll numbers and because Annan was going to be there and the Bush adminstration is terrified of the UN upstaging them. The mainstream Canadian press carried the official line.

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now
peapod said:
Well three toed hippie was saying that it was just to show the latest in "eyewear" in desert conditions.

Someone said she looked like Rocky the Squirrel with Lipstick, So I said, Hmmmmmmm

Canucklehead

Apr 6, 2005

Holy Bat Shit! She can SMILE!?! Any chance you can photoshop the "Condisneer" back on her face...she's barely recognisable!

"If Iraq does not succeed, and if Iraq becomes a place of despair, generations of Americans would also be condemned to fear," she said after meeting with local politicians.

...because then the residents of all sovereign nations would see that a resistance is indeed possible in the face of "shock and awe" campaigns. Furthermore, terrorists or worse, those countries wronged by the USR may feel emboldened to resist US hegemony at all costs... even if it meant a covert attack on US soil. Of course, they'd have an out now that Mr O'Reilly has said it's ok to blast away at San Fransisco. ;)