Greenpeace -Saving Whales - updates from the High Seas

#1 (external - login to view)
{Scroll down to about the 5th box]

Sea Shepherd is not going to the water of Antarctica to protest whaling. They are going there to physically intervene with the purpose of upholding international laws protecting the whales.

The Japanese are violating the Southern Ocean Sanctuary. They are violating the International Whaling Commission (IWC) moratorium on commercial whaling. They are targeting endangered fin and humpback whales that are protected under the Convention on the Trade in Endangered Species of Flora and Fauna. (CITES). The Japanese are also in violation of the Australian laws protecting the Australian Antarctic Territorial waters.

That update from "Girls Go Fishing", a startling new site, for me anyhow.
Also, there is Captain Paul Watson [yup, he is still doing the good works!] 's Blog with his updates from the flagship Farley Mowat: (external - login to view)[/url]SeaShepard
And, if you can't drag yourself to the Southern Oceans to save these endangered species [the Japanese deny this], YOU CAN WRITE A LETTER!!!-
" target="_blank">http://<br /> <br /> And, if you ...TER!!!- <br />
(external - login to view)
NOTE from the link} "Letters sent by snail mail are the most effective as politicians are inundated with e-mails, but feel free to contact them by whatever method you can"
{Addresses are provided for bothe-mails and snail mail}

I will, even if you don't...but please do Save the Whales!!
Karlin" target="_blank">http://<br /> <br /> NOTE from th...<br /> Karlin
(external - login to view)
Hey new flash!...girls do not go fishing dressed like that. Feck me! it does not get any dumber
Jo Canadian

oooooooooooJapan's whaling fleet sets sail

Japan's whaling fleet has set sail for Antarctic waters where it will make its biggest catch in 20 years.

The boats will aim to catch nearly 1,000 whales over the coming months.

A global moratorium on commercial whaling has been in place since the 1980s, but Japan describes its programme as "scientific." More (external - login to view)

Whale Burgers anyone???